Shoutbox

How to Create an activex control on ImWindow of MSN 6.x - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: How to Create an activex control on ImWindow of MSN 6.x (/showthread.php?tid=37851)

How to Create an activex control on ImWindow of MSN 6.x by amanwas on 02-02-2005 at 10:50 PM

I want to know how to create an custom Active X control on an Imwindow when it is create
This is some thing like the icon which is created on IMWINdow after installing msgplus 3

RE: How to Create an activex control on ImWindow of MSN 6.x by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-02-2005 at 11:02 PM

This is some seriously difficulty stuff!!! :(
Only person I know of able to do this is Patchou... You need to know some serious Programming, and have some good Hooking skills...

RE: How to Create an activex control on ImWindow of MSN 6.x by Ash_ on 02-07-2005 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
This is some seriously difficulty stuff!!! :(
Only person I know of able to do this is Patchou... You need to know some serious Programming, and have some good Hooking skills...

pfft, i've done it.

just find the handle of the IMWindow. (probly a loop waiting counting each window with the same Class as the IMWindow. if its more than last time, re-add the button to all windows)

then use the CreateWindowEx with the hwndParent arg set to the IMWindow Handle.

then it's in there, im _pretty_ sure the your WndProc will be called when say a button is pressed, if not. easy fix inject your dll into MSN Messenger. (has to be as it loads up, i cant get it to work while its already running :( ).

then your WndProc will be called, execute the neccesary statements as you like (Y).

also it is very unlikely to do this in Visual Basic.

good luck _b