Shoutbox

plus! auto accept feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: plus! auto accept feature (/showthread.php?tid=37862)

plus! auto accept feature by Striker on 02-03-2005 at 04:05 AM

i have auto accept feature on for a couple users. but i have a question
yesterday someone i knew just got one of those msn viruses, where you download the file, run it, and then the file messages everyone on your msn list that file, etc.. you know the deal.

now since i have auto accept feature enabled for a couple users.. if they happen, for whatever reason get this virus.. i will auto accept it.

is there a way to block certain files on the auto request thing when im not around.. like deny .exe , from being sent?

and this feature would only be enabled for example if i hvaen't actually spoken to the person.

RE: plus! auto accept feature by Patchou on 02-03-2005 at 05:57 AM

The allow-list is there for that purpose, your friends are not supposed to send you viruses. And even if they do, nothing they send you can affect your computer if you don't open it so there's no risk involved in downloading anything.

RE: plus! auto accept feature by Striker on 02-04-2005 at 01:47 AM

k, thanks. was just wondering if there was some kinda deny list for file extensions.i just dont want the virus on my comp at all..

RE: plus! auto accept feature by SikStyles on 02-06-2005 at 02:49 AM

and btw i think a virus scan will scan ur files what u receive right before they are saved on ur computer

RE: plus! auto accept feature by matty on 02-06-2005 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
and btw i think a virus scan will scan ur files what u receive right before they are saved on ur computer

If you have one installed...