Shoutbox

Xara 3D -> Gif - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Xara 3D -> Gif (/showthread.php?tid=37914)

Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 01:02 PM

I have heard a bit bout xara 3d. So i got it. I just started the application once. I had used the application once 2 years ago just for fun. I just want to know can we make logo's or sigs with it and how should i save em. I mean what format and all.
EDIT: i made the entire thing that i wanted but now the only prob is that it saves only in *.x3d I would like *.gif then i can use it. Btw the pic i made has a name written and i have added a few effects. Then i kept the light on rotation. So as the light source moves .... it looks different. Its really nice but i'd like it in gif. Plz help. Its ok if u have a suggestion i should use a different software. Plz post it here :D

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 02:08 PM

From Xara website:

Exporting your results
Outputs JPEG, Progressive JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG (including full PNG alpha channel), ICO (icon), CUR (cursor), animated GIF, AVI and SWF (vector and bitmap)

So i suppose there is an export function, most likely under file (where save is too).

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
So i suppose there is an export function, most likely under file (where save is too).

Thanks cause i just found it 10 mins ago and 4got to say here. I made a msg plus sig. See this.
Its 200 kb or something. Will that do ???:^) *-) 8-)
RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 02:49 PM

I don't know if the filesize would be disturbing (long downloadtime etc.). But it would be wise to make the filesize as small as you can get it without loosing the idea, maybe less colours (256 isn't always needed)?

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by ~INVASION~ on 02-04-2005 at 02:52 PM

nope no way my sig was to big and i had to bump it down to under 100kb im not sure the exact size

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 02:55 PM

Ok changed it too 16 colours and now the size is 86.5 kb 102 kb (I added my name as well :P) according to windows so i have uploaded it :D thanks sunshine (Y)

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 03:11 PM

8969 bytes PNG ;)

It, doesn't animate anymore tho. Yw John Anderton :D

Btw: i like the one with the light blue satin/silk background and your name in metal (golden) the most ;)

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Btw: i like the one with the light blue satin/silk background and your name in metal (golden) the most

Thanks ;)
quote:
It, doesn't animate anymore tho. Yw John Anderton
Ya i removed that cause the non animated one is like 100 kb
I'll re-generate the animated one and if the gif is below 150 kb then i'll put it else a bit more research on how to bring it down :D

quote:
8969 bytes PNG
Really thats like 89 - 88 kb rite. So can u send it ie if u havent deleted it.
RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
8969 bytes PNG
Really thats like 89 - 88 kb rite. So can u send it ie if u havent deleted it.
Lol, i haven't downloaded it. All i did was rightclick it and choose properties :P

The one i like most is 66093 bytes.

You can convert those sizes here ;)
RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 03:30 PM

I have saved all of the projects as x3d's as well so i can edit em later. I'll see the size of the animated one. Also the msg plus! sig i made and  the one i'm using is in 16 colours and looks a bit blurred. Is that ok. Or does it look bad ?
NOTE:- Im not talking bout the one i posted. Im talking bout this one
[Image: MessengerPlus!.gif]
EDIT: Just click here cause img code aint working but the link is :dodgy:
http://johnanderton.freefronthost.com/uploads/MessengerPlus!.gif

EDIT 2: Sunshine, plz click the link cause the pic is moving there but not in my sig apparently :dodgy:
Who's to blame ?? FF ?? Some other prob i guess :S

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 03:53 PM

Link redirects to: http://www.100webspace.com/, i needed to copy and paste the url for it to work :mipdodgy:

Anyways if its blurred it looks bad..try 68 colors or 128 ;)

Edit: it doesn't animate for me onhere either (using AVANT browser), maybe it's too much animated, i don't know bout the restrictions in signatures for that.

RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by John Anderton on 02-04-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Link redirects to: http://www.100webspace.com/, i needed to copy and paste the url for it to work

Ya me too :dodgy: Thats my free web host btw.
Is the spinning too fast. Its like 15 frames per second and 15 frames per cycle
RE: Xara 3D -> Gif by Sunshine on 02-04-2005 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is the spinning too fast. Its like 15 frames per second and 15 frames per cycle
You could pm WDZ to ask about if there are restrictions for animations in signatures ;)