Shoutbox

how do i.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: how do i.... (/showthread.php?tid=37990)

how do i.... by Edna Mode on 02-06-2005 at 04:43 AM

hey

how do i recieve pop 3 alerts for my e-mails recieved in Gmail, i am aware you can create pop 3 accounts in msgplus but i am not sure how

RE: how do i.... by -dt- on 02-06-2005 at 04:51 AM

You can't untill the next version of plus because gmail requires a secure connection ( ssl ) and the current plublic beta of plus dosn't have the abilty to connect to a server using ssl.

RE: how do i.... by Edna Mode on 02-06-2005 at 04:55 AM

so has patchou already added ssl into plus! 3.50??

RE: how do i.... by Hank on 02-06-2005 at 05:05 AM

im sure he has , , or will do it

RE: how do i.... by Edna Mode on 02-06-2005 at 05:14 AM

are there any other programs i can use

RE: how do i.... by -dt- on 02-06-2005 at 05:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet

I use the google notifier it pops up kinda like a toast when a new email comes in and displays the first few lines of the email on the toast 
http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index?promo=gdl-en
RE: how do i.... by Edna Mode on 02-06-2005 at 05:26 AM

i have windows 98 :(, it only works with windows 200 or higher,  oh well, ill  have to wait for plus

RE: how do i.... by megamuff on 02-06-2005 at 05:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Originally posted by Violet

I use the google notifier it pops up kinda like a toast when a new email comes in and displays the first few lines of the email on the toast 
http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index?promo=gdl-en

that thing doesnt work. it says wrong username/password, and occasionally brings up a browser window asking for username and password and confirmation code thingy, but that does absolutely nothing to change the fact that the gmail notifier will always say wrong username/password.. the only way to get alerted of new mail in gmail currently is to leave gmail in IE minimized on the taskbar - it counts new messages in the title. (refreshes occasionally)
RE: how do i.... by Chestah on 02-06-2005 at 05:46 AM

if you use firefox you can use the Gmail Notifier plugin :P

RE: how do i.... by ddunk on 02-06-2005 at 05:46 AM

Works perfectly fine for me :undecided:

Sure you meet the min reqs?

RE: how do i.... by -dt- on 02-06-2005 at 06:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by megamuff

that thing doesnt work. it says wrong username/password, and occasionally brings up a browser window asking for username and password and confirmation code thingy, but that does absolutely nothing to change the fact that the gmail notifier will always say wrong username/password.. the only way to get alerted of new mail in gmail currently is to leave gmail in IE minimized on the taskbar - it counts new messages in the title. (refreshes occasionally)

=/ Well it works fine for me I've been using it scince it was just a little program , you should contact google if you meet the min reqs for the program .
RE: how do i.... by Edna Mode on 02-06-2005 at 06:28 AM

so im guessing there is no program for windows 98

RE: how do i.... by x2zen on 02-06-2005 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
im sure he has , , or will do it
He has added that feature to 3.50 "a long time ago", see Improvements of the POP3 feature of the next Plus! :)