Shoutbox

Gmail kludge for MsgPlus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus (/showthread.php?tid=38041)

Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by cinephile on 02-07-2005 at 06:03 PM

First off, apologies for my first post being a new thread - however I've just searched the forums for this topic and it hasn't been covered, and I've lurked for a while ;)

A few days ago I worked out a couple of 'kludges' (ie, workarounds) that are fairly easy to put in place that allow Msg Plus to use Gmail fairly efficiently (although I haven't tackled email notifications as yet, cos I guess Patchou is onto that one).

From my summary: This is a short HTML script to allow you to log in directly to the Gmail server from Messenger via the link, or a desktop shortcut, with numerous problems fixed. This workaround is useful for anyone who uses Gmail + Plus especially, but also for any other Gmail users (auto-logins are good time-savers).

Essentially it means you can still use a Gmail messenger account + Plus in the meantime before the new Plus.

You can find this worksheet http://www.littleeyeontheworld.com/blog/gm_idx.html, on my weblog. Any problems, comments, etc - post here.. and feel free to delete this if I've incurred some proviso that I missed :)

RE: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by user27089 on 02-07-2005 at 06:18 PM

sounds pretty cool to me :) thanks I suppose ;).

RE: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by Patchou on 02-07-2005 at 06:39 PM

Thank you for the work, however, Messenger Plus! 3.50 will support SSL connections so you'll be able to use your GMail account with it.

RE: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by Millenium_edition on 02-07-2005 at 09:40 PM

may I add: that's a very good idea and implemention of such a "basic" thing.

good job (y)

RE: RE: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by cinephile on 02-07-2005 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thank you for the work, however, Messenger Plus! 3.50 will support SSL connections so you'll be able to use your GMail account with it.

I'm looking forward to it! :)
RE: Gmail kludge for MsgPlus by SilentRevolution on 02-10-2005 at 06:35 AM

yeah cool idea:)