Shoutbox

Who said that? :S - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Who said that? :S (/showthread.php?tid=38046)

Who said that? :S by xpirdwingz on 02-07-2005 at 08:46 PM

Hey,
   Has anyone had a convo in msn and a random word pops up and that person didn't write it? Cos i was just talking to someone, and I supposedly said 'hey' but i didnt.. any suggestions?

x thanks x

RE: Who said that? :S by user27089 on 02-07-2005 at 08:47 PM

They may have been using !imitate when using messenger discovery...

RE: Who said that? :S by xpirdwingz on 02-07-2005 at 08:50 PM

Who? the person im talking to.. or someone else? and how can you prevent that if it is !imitate .. it hasn't seemed to be doing anything since..

RE: Who said that? :S by user27089 on 02-07-2005 at 08:52 PM

it may have just been the one instance when they thought it was special, there is no way of really preventing it to be honest...

RE: Who said that? :S by xpirdwingz on 02-07-2005 at 08:54 PM

Hm.. okay, i'll leave it there then. I dont think the person i'm talking to you would have !imitate.. cos he thought i was talking to someone else.. and that's not a good thing..

RE: Who said that? :S by Sunshine on 02-07-2005 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xpirdwingz
Hm.. okay, i'll leave it there then. I dont think the person i'm talking to you would have !imitate.. cos he thought i was talking to someone else.. and that's not a good thing..
Sounds like he was playing a prank on you..pretending not to know anything about it...it couldn't have been someone from outside the convo coming in as third person.

If this only happend once it's surely a prank...make notes when it happens and to who you are talking to at that time ;)

RE: Who said that? :S by xpirdwingz on 02-07-2005 at 10:38 PM

I understand, but this is someone i've known for years and who i totally confide in.. bah well :S scary thought

RE: Who said that? :S by *Saint* on 02-08-2005 at 12:18 AM

i had times when about 3 people sent me random things

and said they didnt they might be playhing a trick but i dont think so