Shoutbox

Messenger IS down as of now - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger IS down as of now (/showthread.php?tid=38056)

Messenger IS down as of now by Joe on 02-08-2005 at 12:30 AM

we are all  (or at least most of us) are going to experience this problem, please dont start a million threads like this one

We'll keep you updated

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 12:32 AM

Maybe its a start of Microsofts patch day which they were gonna release for MSN Messenger an other bits for windows

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 12:32 AM

http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

or u can check that link to see if the serves are running normally again

quote:
Originally posted by http://neowin.net/

MSN messenger Service Experiencing Outages
Posted by Tom Warren on 08 Feb 2005 - 01:49 CET | 2 Comments    Post a Comment
For the second time in two weeks, the MSN Messenger Service is experiencing worldwide sporadic problems.

Some users are still connected but many have been forced off the Messenger Service. MSN's status page which provides updates to customers about any service problems is currently experiencing "Server is too busy" errors and ASP errors.

On the 23rd of January the MSN Messenger Service was down for around 5 hours before service was restored.

An MSN Spokesperson confirmed the following last time "The MSN Messenger service experienced a hardware issue that resulted in a disruption of service for some customers this weekend. We identified the issue and worked to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologize to any customers who were inconvenienced."

It's possible that this could be the issue again and we are awaiting Microsoft's response to this.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Gillinghamfan on 02-08-2005 at 01:00 AM

Im logged on to msn. But none of my buddys seem to be. Ive got the msn what come with the computer a very old one is that the reason its letting me log in?*-)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gillinghamfan
is that the reason its letting me log in?

NO :P

it will just be the server that your computer connects to is still up and running

(mine keeps on tryin to sign me in.......and then give an error that i'm already singed in :O:P)
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Gillinghamfan on 02-08-2005 at 01:07 AM

Lol does no one know the problem then?

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 01:15 AM

My second Hotmail account is working but the main one isnt :)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 01:22 AM

thats Microsoft for ya, Wierd :)  might pay to convert some of me buddies that dont use Hotmail accounts to me second mssn account

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
My second Hotmail account is working but the main one isnt :)

if you really that bothered then use the server change program so that your first account use the same server as the 2nd account ........ but tbh i'd just wait it out :P
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Gillinghamfan on 02-08-2005 at 01:29 AM

As people are talking about errors does anyone know what this means click on the link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/supergillinghamfc2/error.htm

If anyone knows what it is can they please tell me thanks.(Y)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 01:39 AM

does anybody know WHY? this is happening, and isn't MSN 7 suppost to be out today? isn't that ironic^o)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 01:40 AM

i believe thats a common problem in the MSN Messenger 7 install  to my knowledge,m, it may pay to redownload it again ,

MSN7 out today?.. no we dont know when its due out, all the hype about msn being released in early feb came from mess.be , for all we know it could be released sometime sooner than later

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Gillinghamfan on 02-08-2005 at 01:45 AM

Since ive installed msn 7 that error came up now i cant reinstall 6.2.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 01:52 AM

from waht Microsoft are putting out a Patch for MMSN Messenger, personally i'd wait for that  no one knows when 7 final will be out, could be this week or next, no body knows except Microsoft,

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Gillinghamfan on 02-08-2005 at 02:02 AM

Everyone try logging in now i think its working.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by *Saint* on 02-08-2005 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gillinghamfan
Everyone try logging in now i think its working.
not for me :(
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by The_Thief on 02-08-2005 at 02:07 AM

I'm Online now

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Hank on 02-08-2005 at 02:21 AM

im onlinenow

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by BeerBro on 02-08-2005 at 02:29 AM

yea.. its bak to normal now.. lol.. i'm seeing everybody starting to log bak online.. funny

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 02:56 AM

they really should fix these problems

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by s_lyon87

how do u kno it was a problem ?? it was more likely to be an update to the serves
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Lilo on 02-08-2005 at 06:03 PM

Blah, mine is down now.. :undecided:

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by M73A on 02-08-2005 at 06:04 PM

noooooooooooooooooooo mine has just gone would be when i need to ask something important to someone on my contacts list:@

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by user35870 on 02-08-2005 at 06:05 PM

looks like its down again getting runtime errors on the servive stat page and cannot sign in

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by _Humphreys on 02-08-2005 at 06:12 PM

I must of got chucked of as I was signed out when I came back to my pc. I'll have to wait a couple of horus I guess...no excuse not to do my work now. :^)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by vincerooney on 02-08-2005 at 06:14 PM

Ah i do enjoy coming to these forums then msn is down. i wonder how long it'll last this time.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Plik on 02-08-2005 at 06:18 PM

Messenger status
It varies between saying "Server is busy" "service is unavilable" and erroring.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 06:55 PM

man still cant get in :(

omg this is gettin aggrivating
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 07:56 PM

for something so important like MSN messenger, you'd thin they would have redunant servers or be prepared for this!

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:

how do u kno it was a problem ?? it was more likely to be an update to the serves

i know its not a server update or watever cuz MSN allways does that at 1 or 2 in the morning, and they give plenty of pop up warnings before
RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by bigbadburt on 02-08-2005 at 08:02 PM

quote:
for something so important like MSN messenger, you'd thin they would have redunant servers or be prepared for this!

How do you suppose msn is an "important service,"  Its a free service that they offer to you they could just completely kill it if they want.  If you really need to talk to somone call them (Y)
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 08:14 PM

quote:
i know its not a server update or watever cuz MSN allways does that at 1 or 2 in the morning, and they give plenty of pop up warnings before

it does updates when ever it wants !!! it is finds a majoy update that it needs to do it isn't going to wait....... they will fix it as soon as they can

oh and btw time is different around the world...... so it was actually around 1/2 in the morning in the uk.

so in other words your its done at 1/2 morning talk is bollocks !! updates are done when msn needs to do them
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 08:31 PM

any news?

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by fluffy_lobster on 02-08-2005 at 08:48 PM

Mwahahaha....

I think there's just one server up. It's just me, billy woods and noname right now :P

RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:

it does updates when ever it wants !!! it is finds a majoy update that it needs to do it isn't going to wait....... they will fix it as soon as they can

oh and btw time is different around the world...... so it was actually around 1/2 in the morning in the uk.

so in other words your its done at 1/2 morning talk is bollocks !! updates are done when msn needs to do them

in all the years i've been using MSN, they have always done there updates at 1 or 2 in the morning OUR TIME, and yes they can update when ever they want, but you are forgeting the secnod half of my post, where it says "they give plenty of pop up warnings before", so don't be freaking out on mebecause you don't know what the hell your talking about dumbass, you had an empty argument[Image: guillotine.gif]
RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
Mwahahaha....

I think there's just one server up. It's just me, billy woods and noname right now :P

what version of MSN are you running and where do you live?
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Millenium_edition on 02-08-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
Mwahahaha....

rofl, join the club.
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SlyDawg on 02-08-2005 at 09:04 PM

ahhhhhh its still down!! *pulls hair out* ok maybe that was a little to dramatic, its just am so bored when msn isn't working...i need a life :(

RE: RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigbadburt
quote:

How do you suppose msn is an "important service,"  Its a free service that they offer to you they could just completely kill it if they want.  If you really need to talk to somone call them (Y)

lol, when i say important, i mean that some people, my self included, can't function with out MSN, its our lives, and it will always be our lives

losing MSN and having to phone or use e-mail to us is like a teenage girl losing the phone and having to send snail mail, we simple would go crazy
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 09:16 PM

quote:
....send snail mail...

LOLOL snail mail...i dont believe how hard i laughed cause that word :P
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by DanMackem on 02-08-2005 at 09:16 PM

im online now whooo hooooo:D:o)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 09:16 PM

quote:
in all the years i've been using MSN, they have always done there updates at 1 or 2 in the morning OUR TIME, and yes they can update when ever they want, but you are forgeting the secnod half of my post, where it says "they give plenty of pop up warnings before", so don't be freaking out on mebecause you don't know what the hell your talking about dumbass, you had an empty argument[Image: guillotine.gif]

so just coz they give warning when they are doing routine maintenance (and do always tell you actually)....they will have to tell u if they are doing some major update

yeh from what posted on mess.be and neowin now it seems that it is just problems rather then updates, but just coz they have done something in the pass (given warnings) doesn't mean they have to do that again. same goes with the time (they just chose a time with in which less people are online, so it doesn't have to be 1 or 2 in morning)

quote:
dumbass

its always nice to get abuse of someone whos hardly even on forum !! nice to see that your smart enough to say arround and help people, rather just comin and posting "msn is down"
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by ONX on 02-08-2005 at 09:18 PM

TIS BACK!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOO:o):o):o)
for me at least.
ne1 still down?
*not spam, just notifyin*

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 09:22 PM

ITS BACKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(spam)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Stigmata on 02-08-2005 at 09:23 PM

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?act=ST&f=23&t=1101&st=0#entry37626

little read up

sorry i had to steal the image from these forums files :D

i love it :D

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SlyDawg on 02-08-2005 at 09:24 PM

WOOHOO! *unties rope from around his neck* YAY its back..:$

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 09:28 PM

quote:
yeh from what posted on mess.be and neowin now it seems that it is just problems rather then updates

see you've jumped to conclusions, and TRYED to cut me down without taking consideration to all the facts, i really hate arogent people like you, you think you have all the answers just because your on the forum a little more then me,so i don't visit the forum that often, that doesn't mean i don't have the right to my own opinion!!!![Image: plzdie.gif]

quote:
but just coz they have done something in the pass (given warnings) doesn't mean they have to do that again.

why would they give warning for minor updates and maintenance and not major updates, i would tell everyone about ALL scheduled downtime atleast 10-15 minutes in advance, once again your arguments don't make sence, to me it seems like you just full of hot air rather then valid opinions

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by jewelzsweet on 02-08-2005 at 09:30 PM

(N) mine is still down.  it's been down for about  4 hours now.

RE: RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ONX
TIS BACK!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOO:o):o):o)
for me at least.
ne1 still down?
*not spam, just notifyin*

yeah, i'm still down
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by ONX on 02-08-2005 at 09:31 PM

how to change msn servers (if its that program i got, where do i put it) coz toddy is bein a bitch about it callin me a noob and not tellin me.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by M73A on 02-08-2005 at 09:33 PM

URGH loadsa people are on but not mine still noooooo:'(:'(:'(:'(

i dont know what to do with myself....*-)

:pound:

lol

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 09:36 PM

quote:
quote:but just coz they have done something in the pass (given warnings) doesn't mean they have to do that again.

why would they give warning for minor updates and maintenance and not major updates, i would tell everyone about ALL scheduled downtime atleast 10-15 minutes in advance, once again your arguments don't make sence, to me it seems like you just full of hot air rather then valid opinions

because for routine maintenance they kno what they have it plans and they have time to give everyone a warning......where as with a major update that they need to do (e.g. they just found out how someone could send a virus to everyone without people knowing through an error in the server) then they would want to fix it straight away, rather then  fussing about giving people warnings that the servers will be down !

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by ONX
how to change msn servers (if its that program i got, where do i put it) coz toddy is bein a bitch about it callin me a noob and not tellin me.

use the server change program :rolleyes:
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by ONX on 02-08-2005 at 09:43 PM

well, still not gettin an answer. what folder do i put server change program in. I HAVE PROGRAM JUST DUNNO WHERE TO PUT

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by M73A on 02-08-2005 at 09:53 PM

anywhere i think. but it not working for me:| what server is the one that is working if your using msnservers program

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 09:54 PM

ok apperently, my posts are missing, maybe you should be more discriptive, toddy,

quote:
use the server change program
which program and where would we get it, com on, help people like you were complaining i wasn't doing
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:
ok apperently, my posts are missing, maybe you should be more discriptive, toddy,
which program and where would we get it, com on, help people like you were complaining i wasn't doing
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=269356
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by M73A on 02-08-2005 at 09:58 PM

do we run that from anywhere on our hdd?

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-08-2005 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
yes just put then on your desktop (so its easy to run and then delete) !!

(btw lots of people have problems using it, gives an error)
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Sunshine on 02-08-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
You download, extract and run msnservers.exe
RE: Messenger IS down as of now by M73A on 02-08-2005 at 10:01 PM

lol, oh ok. i set it to use a server which is 'very good' but it still doesn't connect, :| oh well

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Arrow on 02-08-2005 at 10:03 PM

i found the problem ... if anyone was wondering ... heres the link .... http://www1.corest.com/common/showdoc.php?idx=421&idxseccion=10

maybe that will clear up the argument that it isnt an update

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by aquacat on 02-08-2005 at 10:15 PM

but maybe WE need to do an update? there are now Windows Security Updates out today:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNe...6778_30/?hub=World
Well, while waiting, I try to do this :)

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 10:26 PM

DOWN AGAIN :( ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:@

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by aquacat on 02-08-2005 at 10:27 PM

no. It didn't help. But at least I have all the latest security updates now! :p :D

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SlyDawg on 02-08-2005 at 10:29 PM

ok its down again!..msn better have a good reason for this:Sits annoying..but it was kinda funny 2 c everyone go offline at once..

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SikStyles on 02-08-2005 at 10:44 PM

u saw it? i didnt i was chattin and boom...gone

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SlyDawg on 02-08-2005 at 10:47 PM

yeah i saw it, i was laughing as well..then next i was signed off:$

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Antz on 02-08-2005 at 10:51 PM

Finally just managed to get on again (I'm in UK) but only 2 contacts are online.

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 10:53 PM

arg, i NEED MSN, i feeli'm going to snap soom

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Zephyr on 02-08-2005 at 10:54 PM

MSN is back everyone!!

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by SlyDawg on 02-08-2005 at 10:54 PM

I'm back on msn..but for how long..tick tock tick tock

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 10:57 PM

no its not?!?!

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Zephyr on 02-08-2005 at 11:00 PM

I'm in the UK as well so it might only be here

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by NiteMare on 02-08-2005 at 11:02 PM

if anybodys using that MSN server changer program, have you found a sever that works yet?

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by Arrow on 02-08-2005 at 11:34 PM

uk is back online :D

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by BeerBro on 02-08-2005 at 11:45 PM

canada here.. and its online.. :D

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by RhYTHM on 02-09-2005 at 12:00 AM

I'm in the UK as well online ..

but it has some troubles getting messages:S

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by L. Coyote on 02-09-2005 at 12:10 AM

Patience is a virtue. :P

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by ONX on 02-09-2005 at 12:57 AM

msn seems to be fooked, to say tthe least. sum1 APPEARS offline, but is online..... erm... yeah... and it wont work in america, it is trained to reject fat mcdonalds addicts, (sorry all americans, but this is just MY opinion, not canadas)
:spam:

RE: Messenger IS down as of now by toddy on 02-09-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by betanews.com
For two days, MSN Messenger has been experiencing outages that are frustrating millions of users who are finding themselves repeatedly disconnected from Microsoft's instant messaging network. The company told BetaNews it has identified the issue and is in the process of remedying the situation.

Adding to user concerns, MSN's network status page has been frequently inaccessible, returning "Server too busy" errors. The problem started late Monday, and is a result of an "isolated issue" within Microsoft's datacenter.

"Since yesterday afternoon, some MSN customers may have been experiencing issues accessing MSN Messenger. We've identified the cause and are working to take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation as rapidly as possible," an MSN spokesperson told BetaNews.

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disruption this may be causing our customers."

For the second time this year, Microsoft has found itself apologizing to its IM customers. Users of MSN Messenger were knocked offline for almost six hours in late January before the service was restored.