Shoutbox

I don't get it... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I don't get it... (/showthread.php?tid=38068)

I don't get it... by CourtneyLoves on 02-08-2005 at 08:37 AM

Hello...
OK, this is what confuses me. Tonight, I am online and someone who I usually talk to on messenger isn't online and hasn't been all night. After I left the computer for a while, when I came back, this person had messaged me but his status was offline. I even talked to this person with his status reading "offline" and his messenger guy was in red saying he was offline. I don't get it!! How could I talk to someone who appears to be offline? His status never changed either. It's just saying he's offline. What's that all about? Does anyone know??
Thanks very much, and I hope someone can help me out with this.
Courtney

RE: I don't get it... by L. Coyote on 02-08-2005 at 08:42 AM

There is StuffPlug-NG2, a plugin for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta), that allows people talking offline (actually, they just block you and talk to you that way). Maybe he was using that.

Also, due to server problems, sometimes people appear offline for a long while.

Hope that helped you out.

Edit: by the way, if you are interested in the plugin, you can download it from the StuffPlug site, this plugin has many more features than that one. :)

RE: I don't get it... by Ansette on 02-08-2005 at 08:13 PM

have to say that happened to me last night... and the girl i was talkin to certainly wudnt have a clue how to do it... her and someone else at different times just magically 'went offline' but continued to talk... could be a server problem hence the downtime today

RE: I don't get it... by L. Coyote on 02-08-2005 at 08:32 PM

If the person is not using anything, it's just a server problem. As you may know, Microsoft is having a few problems in the server and is trying to fix it. (Y)

RE: I don't get it... by brian on 02-09-2005 at 12:39 AM

This is a server issue, that happened yesterday, signing in on an account, was messed sometimes, you couldn't see the other person, or the other person didn't see you, server troubles that caused today's downtime.

RE: I don't get it... by CourtneyLoves on 02-09-2005 at 03:59 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I want to add that this person couldn't believe that he was appearing offline to me. He was online but he couldn't even understand how he was appearing offline to me. O well. Not a big deal.

RE: I don't get it... by spastje on 02-09-2005 at 01:36 PM

I had that problem too. My status was offline. But msn said that it was online.