Shoutbox

STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem (/showthread.php?tid=38089)

STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-08-2005 at 07:37 PM

hello ... i downloaded the stuff plug for 6.x and well it tells me  if someone opens my window ... but it doesnt let me use the oversized display picture thing ... and i dont know why ... when i put my picture its supposed to ask  me  if i  want to use the normal size or  the window  size ... but it doesnt and i dont understand whhy ... i have tried deleting thhe picture and opening it again and disconnect my msn ... even rebboot my computer ...
does someone knows what todo to make it work ?
thanx

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Pr0xY on 02-08-2005 at 07:40 PM

Make sure you have the option enabled in the configuration window.  Remember also, the picture will not show up big for you, just the people you are talking to. 

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-08-2005 at 11:32 PM

yup i know that ... and it wont be big for ppl using the beta version neither ... but it doesnt ask me anything ... of course its enabled ... i had it before but i dont know why isnt it working now :oS  i also know that i should see my picture with white bars on the sides like the pic doesnt fit exactly in the box ... then is when its working ... but its not ... :oS  daaamn

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by love-acid1 on 02-09-2005 at 12:40 AM

can any one help for STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem plsssss

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 05:43 PM

plug - in  forum ... and nobody has answers ?  .... sad

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Sunshine on 02-09-2005 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stranger_82
yup i know that ... and it wont be big for ppl using the beta version neither ... but it doesnt ask me anything ... of course its enabled ... i had it before but i dont know why isnt it working now :oS  i also know that i should see my picture with white bars on the sides like the pic doesnt fit exactly in the box ... then is when its working ... but its not ... :oS  daaamn
Well, you could try disable the option..exit MSN, restart and enable again..or a reinstall.

Or......

Get the latest SPNG2, it also works on MSN 6.2 ;)

Edit: also make sure the DP you are trying to add isn't too big...
RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by matty on 02-09-2005 at 05:51 PM

quote:
plug - in  forum ... and nobody has answers ?  .... sad
Give TB a chance to come online and see the thread. The creator of the Plugin will have the best answer for you.
RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by rix on 02-09-2005 at 05:52 PM

Have you tried to install SPNG 2? If not, you can get it here:
http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=file&id=9

You have to make sure that the feature is enabled.

Open MSN Messenger > Plus! Menu > Preferences > Plugins > StuffPlug-NG > Configure > Make sure Enable over-sized Display Pictures is checked.

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by TheBlasphemer on 02-09-2005 at 05:58 PM

Try SPNG2, It was programmed to still be fully functional on MSN6.x :)

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 06:05 PM

Hey ... are u sure that window open viewer  its in the new stuffplug version ?  does it works in MSN beta 7 also ? i heard that MSN beta will never let that option being activated or something ...   

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Plik on 02-09-2005 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Hey ... are u sure that window open viewer  its in the new stuffplug version ?  does it works in MSN beta 7 also ? i heard that MSN beta will never let that option being activated or something ...

It doesnt work in messenger 7, because of how the client handles display pictures. It is also unreliable if a contact is using messenger 7 even if your on messenger 6.2
RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Sunshine on 02-09-2005 at 06:12 PM

quote:
No the window opened notifier is not in SPNG2. Fact is since theres MSN 7 it's not reliable anymore, MSN 7 gathers DPs on sign in wich is recognized as opening a convo (same goes for viewing a contactcard). No matter what version of MSN you use..if your contact uses MSN 7 it will give fake notifications.

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 06:58 PM

JESUS !!! they made me install the new version and it doesnt even have the open window notifier !!! :oS
now  what ???  i have to uninstall and install the old version again .... damn ...
they shouldnt post wrong messages here if they arent sure ...

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Plik on 02-09-2005 at 07:02 PM

quote:
JESUS !!! they made me install the new version and it doesnt even have the open window notifier !!! :oS
now  what ???  i have to uninstall and install the old version again .... damn ...
they shouldnt post wrong messages here if they arent sure ...

What was wrong with our messages, no one said there was an open window notifier in stuffplug 2
also
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
It is also unreliable if a contact is using messenger 7 even if your on messenger 6.2
&
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
No matter what version of MSN you use..if your contact uses MSN 7 it will give fake notifications

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 07:17 PM

lol no no ... not u ... someone posted a mesage saying that sttufplug2 has bbee created to have the SAME options and to be used in msn 6.x !!  and of course ... i thought the window open notifier would bbe availale ... but it wasnt ... and no i have to unistalle it ... how do i do that completely ? so i can install the old one again

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Sunshine on 02-09-2005 at 07:24 PM

quote:
lol no no ... not u ... someone posted a mesage saying that sttufplug2 has bbee created to have the SAME options and to be used in msn 6.x !!  and of course ... i thought the window open notifier would bbe availale ... but it wasnt ... and no i have to unistalle it ... how do i do that completely ? so i can install the old one again
I have not seen such a post :mipdodgy:

Anyways to uninstall go to the plugins folder and doubleclick the SPNG uninstaller icon..then reboot and install old version...i don't see why you should tho...the window open notifier isn't reliable anymore anyways..

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by TheBlasphemer on 02-09-2005 at 07:26 PM

The problem is, that even with the OLD stuffplug, the window opened notifier will be completely unreliable if one or more of your contacts are using MSN7.
Face it, it's past tense :(
Just like blockcheckers :/

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 07:31 PM

well ... its weird everybody tells me that ... but for the last month i have been usgin it and it worked very well ... i didnt notice anydiference ... almost all my friends have msn 7 ... and it kept working  :oS  thats why i will install it again ... and hoping its the same than before ... but thanx anywayz ... oh  ... maybe this stuffplug is not the same u have :oS mmm  interesting

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by TheBlasphemer on 02-09-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:
well ... its weird everybody tells me that ... but for the last month i have been usgin it and it worked very well ... i didnt notice anydiference ... almost all my friends have msn 7 ... and it kept working  :oS  thats why i will install it again ... and hoping its the same than before ... but thanx anywayz ... oh  ... maybe this stuffplug is not the same u have :oS mmm  interesting

I doubt it, as I was the oe who wrote it :P
but as for the window opened notifier fucking up,
try changing your DP ;)
You'll notice what happens...
RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 07:59 PM

i did ... now i can see who opens my window and those who has msn6.x  are  abble to see my picture big :o)  of course ... those who use msn 7 will  see it normal size ... but thats good ... at least it works ...  :oP

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by Vilkku on 02-09-2005 at 08:07 PM

Well, have you asked someone who uses MSN 7 if they really did open a conversation with you?

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by stranger_82 on 02-09-2005 at 11:24 PM

lol of course man ... thats hy im telling u it works when they open ... and also when they close it ...

RE: STUFF PLUG for 6.x problem by matty on 02-10-2005 at 08:46 AM

quote:
lol of course man ... thats hy im telling u it works when they open ... and also when they close it ...

I don't think you are grasping what we are trying to say. The Open Conversation Notifier, if coded in StuffPlug 2 will be unreliable. The reason for this is because of the way that MSN Messenger interacts with Display Pictures and the Contact Card. As you see when someone opens YOUR contact card on their PC MSN Messenger will connect to your computer and get your display picture, in doing so the connection is classified as a conversation window being opened even if it is not a conversation but in fact the contact card. Programmers strive to have software that is reliable and something that will give false facts is not worth trying to code in the end. I hope you understand this post.

Also no one is saying that SPNG doesn't work we are simply trying to explain why the Option was removed.