Shoutbox

Guest voting? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Guest voting? (/showthread.php?tid=38098)

Guest voting? by Sunshine on 02-08-2005 at 10:30 PM

huh?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=376927]

RE: Guest voting? by KeyStorm on 02-08-2005 at 10:32 PM

Meybe you can access the popup as guest, but not actually vote. Either way, that's a glitch in the who's online page :P

RE: Guest voting? by WDZ on 02-08-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Either way, that's a glitch in the who's online page
Not really... the location names are simply based on the vistor's current URL. Guests are not allowed to give votes, but nothing can stop them from trying to access the voting page.
RE: Guest voting? by Sunshine on 02-08-2005 at 10:39 PM

I just checked by logging out...the voting url is gone (behind reputation), but if you click "details", the "Rate" button is still visible as guest...

Rating can't be done tho..the following message is displayed:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=376940]

RE: Guest voting? by KeyStorm on 02-08-2005 at 11:03 PM

Yes, but a number of URLs are translated to a specified page name. Usually, there appears "Viewing permission denied" (or alike) when a user accesses a page it's not allowed to. You're probably using a custom notification in the repsys that isn't affected correctly by that translation (either by not changing the location header or whatever not notifying so). That's it, no bug, just a glitch. :P

RE: Guest voting? by WDZ on 02-09-2005 at 03:49 AM

Well, there is only one generic "no permission" error page that updates your current location to say that an error occured. That page is too large to be displayed in the small reputation window. I could code something specifically for the reputation error, but IMO some things like that are just too unimportant to be worth wasting time and code on. :-/

RE: Guest voting? by toddy on 02-09-2005 at 03:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
just too unimportant to be worth wasting time and code on

in other words, you to lazy to code it :P

but tbh it is something really really small and people won't notice it normally, so i wouldn't bother changing owt :P