Shoutbox

[split] Release date final build MSN Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=38141)

RE: Windows Update with msn7 and msn6.2 by The_Thief on 02-09-2005 at 03:38 PM

when is the final build of msn messenger gonna be released?

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by rix on 02-09-2005 at 05:21 PM

I belive that release was planned by the end of this month. But who knows...

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by user27089 on 02-09-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
I belive that release was planned by the end of this month. But who knows...

I'm  not sure if its been delayed, knowing microsoft, they'll try and make a big deal out of the release or something and won't tell anybody the official date...
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Screeny on 02-10-2005 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by "www.mess.be
EXCLUSIVE: Official MSN Messenger 7 release delayed!
dwergs says:

Sad news, my friends: the official release of MSN Messenger 7.0, currently in public beta and previously planned for this month, has been delayed.

A new private beta is in preparation and will be handed over exclusively to beta-testers soon (current estimations say early March). This new build will come with most of the features planned for the final release, including personalized status messages which are already being tested by the MSN Messenger development team since January. As predicted, these messages can also be configured to show the user's currently playing song artist, title and album.

After this extra private beta-period in March, the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 is scheduled for April.

Such a tease!
:undecided:

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 12:35 PM

Personalised Status, how blatently robbed from Messenger Plus!... Meh, msn would be nothing without Msgplus, seriously...

I can wait until the final :-/... I think that there will be a few emails being sent to microsoft from certain members or something...

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by GiantSpider on 02-10-2005 at 05:30 PM

Bah I told you all so.

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by brocls1 on 02-10-2005 at 05:43 PM

You know, in a way it's a good thing it's being delayed. 

With all the bugs this piece of garbage version has.  They still have a lot of work to do.

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brocls1
With all the bugs this piece of garbage version has.  They still have a lot of work to do.

It was finished, the only reason it's delayed as they are adding more dodgy features. :dodgy:
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by x2zen on 02-10-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
With all the bugs this piece of garbage version has
You have NOT seen the final version (me neither), you have only seen a public beta. So dont write the way you do when you havent seen a newer build.

And can you make a better IM Client? No, so STFU!
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 05:51 PM

Blah thieves...i'll continue using the Plus! personalized statusses tho..just like i dont like MSN logs and use Plus! one instead :P

Not fair tho...Patchou gives in an and doesn't include hide adbanner anymore..and now lookie? Give em one finger they take your whole hand :mipdodgy:

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by GiantSpider on 02-10-2005 at 05:59 PM

They shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them.

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Blah thieves...i'll continue using the Plus! personalized statusses tho..just like i dont like MSN logs and use Plus! one instead :P

Yes they are theives I am angry with them..really and will be for a while.:@

Plus! logs will always be better than the MSN Messenger logs as well.
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by C3PO on 02-10-2005 at 06:24 PM

awesome this is something to look forward to i cant wait until early march!

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by x2zen on 02-10-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by C3PO
early march
Since when is it gonna be released at early march? Thats the private beta, the final is suposed to be released in april
RE: RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by C3PO on 02-10-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:
early march
Since when is it gonna be released at early march? Thats the private beta, the final is suposed to be released in april

I was only talking about the beta :grin:
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by x2zen on 02-10-2005 at 06:53 PM

quote:
I was only talking about the beta
Sorry. I did'nt know you were a beta tester?
RE: RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by brocls1 on 02-10-2005 at 11:17 PM

quote:
quote:
With all the bugs this piece of garbage version has
You have NOT seen the final version (me neither), you have only seen a public beta. So dont write the way you do when you havent seen a newer build.

And can you make a better IM Client? No, so STFU!

How nice, i post one time and get told to STFU! 

Well forget this, I will spend my time on other message boards.  So Long!!!
RE: RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Abz2k4 on 02-11-2005 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Plus! logs will always be better than the MSN Messenger logs as well.

I agree. MSN Logs are encoded into XML files and XSL Stylesheets. I don't really understand why, as they are quite hard to read and i feel are pointless. Whereas Plus Logs are just simple Text Files which are easy for anyone to view. The other advantage of Plus Logs is that they can be encrypted.
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Hank on 02-11-2005 at 12:59 AM

quote:

You know, in a way it's a good thing it's being delayed. 

totally agree it needs fixing badly,, im starting to hate 7 actuLLY
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 12:59 AM

i prefer plus's logs too :D, xml is too unreadable. and yet another advantage plus logs have is the "save logs every xx minuits" which will "save" ur chats in case windows restarts, or smthn else goes wrong while chatting....

RE: RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by C3PO on 02-11-2005 at 02:38 AM

quote:
quote:
I was only talking about the beta
Sorry. I did'nt know you were a beta tester?

I'm not but does that really stop anyone from downloading it? :lol:
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by J.J on 02-11-2005 at 04:57 AM

quote:
I'm not but does that really stop anyone from downloading it? 

uhhh...its private, unless there is a leak, you wont be able to download it :dodgy:
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Chestah on 02-11-2005 at 05:17 AM

some of you guys need to realise that the version of msn messenger 7 you are using is a beta... Microsoft is doing a favour (and you are doing them also a favour) by letting you use and view new features.

They could have not released a beta and then just released the full version and april and everyone would have thought! wow amazing no bugs :P! think of it that way! downgrade to 6.2 its the latest stable release! 7 is just a working preview of features! Just the same with msgplus at the moment its a beta! it has some bugs in it but Patchou released it so users can have some functionality on the new msn :) just wait till the new version comes out and stop complaining!

RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by NiteMare on 02-11-2005 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
stop complaining!

that seems to be a recuring phrase
RE: [split] Release date final build MSN Messenger by Hank on 02-11-2005 at 05:33 AM

the thread should be closed IMO

dwergs says:

Sad news, my friends: we at Mess.be have learned that the official release of MSN Messenger 7.0, currently in public beta and previously planned for this month, has been delayed.

A new private beta is in preparation and will be handed over exclusively to beta-testers soon (current estimations say early March). This new build will come with most of the features planned for the final release, including personalized status messages which are already being tested by the MSN Messenger development team since January. As predicted, these messages can also be configured to show the user's currently playing song artist, title and album. (UPDATE: The last mentioned is only confirmed by screenshots of internal build 604, posted later today at WinBeta.org.)

After this extra private beta-period in March, the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 is scheduled for April.