Shoutbox

Automatically Sign-In - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Automatically Sign-In (/showthread.php?tid=38158)

Automatically Sign-In by Kally on 02-09-2005 at 11:37 PM

I realize that this question must have been answered a lot of times but I have been unable to get any suggestions to work for me.

I log into MSN on three different machines - two of those computers have no problem logging in automatically at start up.  On of the which is also running the same version of Windows XP Pro doesn't retain the log-in account name therefore I have to manually log in each time. 

I have checked off in the tools section to sign in automatically when windows log on but it is just not working.

Any other suggestions??  Thanks

RE: Automatically Sign-In by tralala on 02-10-2005 at 09:26 AM

In the sign-in window, did you tick the option to remember you / automatically sign in or something (don't know exactly what it's called in english)

RE: Automatically Sign-In by RaceProUK on 02-10-2005 at 09:33 AM

There was something on the forums a while back about this. I tried a quick search but nothing - maybe you'll have more luck. IIRC, it involves Registry editing.

RE: Automatically Sign-In by Kally on 02-10-2005 at 12:34 PM

Yes, I have chosen the option to remember my sign-in name and password but when I re-start my computer the sign-in name disappears - it doesn't stay in the memory.

There are 3 users on my computer with different profiles - two of them sign on automatically no problem and mine doesn't.  It's the same computer so the settings should be the same - right????

Anyone??

RE: Automatically Sign-In by RaceProUK on 02-10-2005 at 03:59 PM

Not what I was talking about...

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
There was something on the forums a while back about this. I tried a quick search but nothing - maybe you'll have more luck. IIRC, it involves Registry editing.

RE: Automatically Sign-In by Kally on 02-10-2005 at 07:29 PM

Not really sure what you were talking about but I understood something about changing registry keys but that's why I mentioned that the other 2 users of the same computer automatically sign on.

If it had to do with the computer registry keys then the other users (profiles) would not sign-on automatically either - right???

Am I understanding it right or totally off the wall???

Thanks.

RE: Automatically Sign-In by zaidgs on 02-10-2005 at 11:21 PM

try going to: control panel->user accounts->your personal account->change my .net passport

RE: Automatically Sign-In by Kally on 02-14-2005 at 05:05 PM

Didn't work.  Any other suggestions?