Shoutbox

Is your son a computer hacker? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Is your son a computer hacker? (/showthread.php?tid=38166)

Is your son a computer hacker? by -dt- on 02-10-2005 at 03:11 AM

Probley old but eh :P
http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

As an enlightened, modern parent, I try to be as involved as possible in the lives of my six children. I encourage them to join team sports. I attend their teen parties with them to ensure no drinking or alcohol is on the premises. I keep a fatherly eye on the CDs they listen to and the shows they watch, the company they keep and the books they read. You could say I'm a model parent. My children have never failed to make me proud, and I can say without the slightest embellishment that I have the finest family in the USA.

Two years ago, my wife Carol and I decided that our children's education would not be complete without some grounding in modern computers. To this end, we bought our children a brand new Compaq to learn with. The kids had a lot of fun using the handful of application programs we'd bought, such as Adobe's Photoshop and Microsoft's Word, and my wife and I were pleased that our gift was received so well. Our son Peter was most entranced by the device, and became quite a pro at surfing the net. When Peter began to spend whole days on the machine, I became concerned, but Carol advised me to calm down, and that it was only a passing phase. I was content to bow to her experience as a mother, until our youngest daughter, Cindy, charged into the living room one night to blurt out: "Peter is a computer hacker!"

As you can imagine, I was amazed. A computer hacker in my own house! I began to monitor my son's habits, to make certain that Cindy wasn't just telling stories, as she is prone to doing at times.

After a few days of investigation, and some research into computer hacking, I confronted Peter with the evidence. I'm afraid to say, this was the only time I have ever been truly disappointed in one of my children. We raised them to be honest and to have integrity, and Peter betrayed the principles we tried to encourage in him, when he refused point blank to admit to his activities. His denials continued for hours, and in the end, I was left with no choice but to ban him from using the computer until he is old enough to be responsible for his actions.

After going through this ordeal with my own family, I was left pondering how I could best help others in similar situations. I'd gained a lot of knowledge over those few days regarding hackers. It's only right that I provide that information to other parents, in the hope that they will be able to tell if their children are being drawn into the world of hacking. Perhaps other parents will be able to steer their sons back onto the straight and narrow before extreme measures need to be employed.

To this end, I have decided to publish the top ten signs that your son is a hacker. I advise any parents to read this list carefully and if their son matches the profile, they should take action. A smart parent will first try to reason with their son, before resorting to groundings, or even spanking. I pride myself that I have never had to spank a child, and I hope this guide will help other parents to put a halt to their son's misbehaviour before a spanking becomes necessary.

1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

Most American families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL. These providers have a strict "No Hacking" policy, and take careful measures to ensure that your internet experience is enjoyable, educational and above all legal. If your child is becoming a hacker, one of his first steps will be to request a change to a more hacker friendly provider.

I would advise all parents to refuse this request. One of the reasons your son is interested in switching providers is to get away from AOL's child safety filter. This filter is vital to any parent who wants his son to enjoy the internet without the endangering him through exposure to "adult" content. It is best to stick with the protection AOL provides, rather than using a home-based solution. If your son is becoming a hacker, he will be able to circumvent any home-based measures with surprising ease, using information gleaned from various hacker sites.

2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?

Your son will probably try to install some hacker software. He may attempt to conceal the presence of the software in some way, but you can usually find any new programs by reading through the programs listed under "Install/Remove Programs" in your control panel. Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

The best option is to confront your son with the evidence, and force him to remove the offending programs. He will probably try to install the software again, but you will be able to tell that this is happening, if your machine offers to "download" one of the hacker applications. If this happens, it is time to give your son a stern talking to, and possibly consider punishing him with a grounding.

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

If you pay close attention to your son's reading habits, as I do, you will be able to determine a great deal about his opinions and hobbies. Children are at their most impressionable in the teenage years. Any father who has had a seventeen year old daughter attempt to sneak out on a date wearing make up and perfume is well aware of the effect that improper influences can have on inexperienced minds.

There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

If you find any of these hacking manuals in your child's possession, confiscate them immediately. You should also petition local booksellers to remove these titles from their shelves. You may meet with some resistance at first, but even booksellers have to bow to community pressure.

5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours. If your son is doing this, he is breaking the law, and you should stop him immediately. The safest policy is to limit your children's access to the computer to a maximum of forty-five minutes each day.

6. Does your son use Quake?

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Quake, you should make hime understand that this is not acceptable to you. You should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

7. Is your son becoming argumentative and surly in his social behaviour?

As a child enters the electronic world of hacking, he may become disaffected with the real world. He may lose the ability to control his actions, or judge the rightness or wrongness of a course of behaviour. This will manifest itself soonest in the way he treats others. Those whom he disagrees with will be met with scorn, bitterness, and even foul language. He may utter threats of violence of a real or electronic nature.

Even when confronted, your son will probably find it difficult to talk about this problem to you. He will probably claim that there is no problem, and that you are imagining things. He may tell you that it is you who has the problem, and you should "back off" and "stop smothering him." Do not allow yourself to be deceived. You are the only chance your son has, even if he doesn't understand the situation he is in. Keep trying to get through to him, no matter how much he retreats into himself.

8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface.

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors. They may wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks. (I have no idea why they do this) There are many such hackers in schools today, and your son may have started to associate with them. If you notice that your son's group of friends includes people dressed like this, it is time to think about a severe curfew, to protect him from dangerous influences.

10. Is your son struggling academically?

If your son is failing courses in school, or performing poorly on sports teams, he may be involved in a hacking group, such as the infamous "Otaku" hacker association. Excessive time spent on the computer, communicating with his fellow hackers may cause temporary damage to the eyes and brain, from the electromagnetic radiation. This will cause his marks to slip dramatically, particularly in difficult subjects such as Math, and Chemistry. In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases. Also, the reduction in exercise may cause him to lose muscle mass, and even to start gaining weight. For the sake of your child's mental and physical health, you must put a stop to his hacking, and limit his computer time drastically.

I encourage all parents to read through this guide carefully. Your child's future may depend upon it. Hacking is an illegal and dangerous activity, that may land your child in prison, and tear your family apart. It cannot be taken too seriously.

quote:
Most American families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL
:lol:
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Concord Dawn on 02-10-2005 at 03:19 AM

That whole thing is complete and utter bullshit, and not even funny. My dad read that and said what a fucking loser. Although the AOL part is kind of funny.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by ~INVASION~ on 02-10-2005 at 03:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors. They may wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks. (I have no idea why they do this) There are many such hackers in schools today, and your son may have started to associate with them. If you notice that your son's group of friends includes people dressed like this, it is time to think about a severe curfew, to protect him from dangerous influences.
:lol::lol::lol:
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by andrey on 02-10-2005 at 03:37 AM

Oh my God !!!
That's the biggest piece of bullshit I saw in the past few months

Is this text meant to be serious ? How sad :-/

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by L. Coyote on 02-10-2005 at 03:43 AM

Read the comments :lol:

Edit: it's a joke. look at the location "internet idiocy"

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by WDZ on 02-10-2005 at 03:52 AM

rofl... it started out like a serious article then turned into complete bullshit when they listed the names of some "hacker programs." :lol: Then it got even worse... :-/ And then I stopped reading because I'm lazy and it's too long. :tongue:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Vilkku on 02-10-2005 at 05:32 AM

Read it, pretty funny. Accoording to that I would be a hacker, 9/10. Where did you find it, any similar articles available?

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Weyzza on 02-10-2005 at 05:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
rofl... it started out like a serious article then turned into complete bullshit when they listed the names of some "hacker programs." :lol: Then it got even worse... :-/ And then I stopped reading because I'm lazy and it's too long. :tongue:
I agree.

When I was scrolling up the article, I noticed "Lunix."
I could jump into the conclusion, the article was not written by a professional.
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by -dt- on 02-10-2005 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Read it, pretty funny. Accoording to that I would be a hacker, 9/10. Where did you find it, any similar articles available?
i found it when i was randomly going through http://del.icio.us but i spose under the internet idiocy section of that site there would be more funny things like this (linkage)
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 07:55 AM

quote:
1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

So if you change your ISP and install some software your a hacker...get real.:P
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by jren207 on 02-10-2005 at 10:46 AM

lunix lol :P

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by C3PO on 02-10-2005 at 11:43 AM

lol that thing was a comple joke right? it was so stupid i cant evan put into words what i wanna say ;) hey traxor great pic of the green dude from college university great show (y)
whats up home boys :grin:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by haydos on 02-10-2005 at 12:14 PM

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms

hrm we better keep away from there kiddies... dont want 2 b trained 2 use a BFG :|

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by FrozernFire on 02-10-2005 at 12:32 PM

*cough*cough* im allergic to bullshit :grin:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 12:53 PM

is this seriously is real, if it is, then i must be an uber leet hacker :p.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by John Anderton on 02-10-2005 at 01:11 PM

:lol: :lol: :)

quote:

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory.
Hey if u have a slow pc still u'd ask 4 a hardware upgrade. Bull shit.
quote:
If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need
Isnt this a bigger possibility than the kid being a hacker. Thats my view. Jeessus.

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms

hrm we better keep away from there kiddies... dont want 2 b trained 2 use a BFG :|

Ya i have been playing that game 4 a long time
* John Anderton uninstalls quake 3 be4 his dad reads this thread
Lol pure trash !! :|

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
is this seriously is real, if it is, then i must be an uber leet hacker . :P
I think most (including me) would be uber 1337 hack0rz.
Lol :|
Even though i dunno squat bout programming :| :dodgy:
Google is evil! by UnduTheGun on 02-10-2005 at 01:13 PM

Google is that search engine that hackers use to search for the anarchist's cookbook! And the Internet is that thing that hackers use to connect to other computers and break into your hard drives and steal all your files!!! Ban the Internet!
:rofl:
:rofl:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by paperless on 02-10-2005 at 02:33 PM

Lol this is a joke but if some stupid parent that understands nothing about computers and shit and read this his son will be in great danger :P

ROOOFL read the comments on that page its funnier than the article itself!!!

Here are some of the kick ass comments-

Title:  Now I've heard everything

Comment:     Congrats everyone, we are honoured to have borne witness to the most stupid person on this planet. May he rot in the burning fires of hell. This person has got some serious issues.
Gavin G
Ireland

-------------------

Title: hahah

Comment: well thats it, timmy isn't gonna be using the computer anymore, I don't want those "veriozon" hackers influencing my son...well I gotta go, suzy wants to play with her freinds on mIRC.

--------------------

Title: wtf did you smoke

Comment:     god man you are retarded.. and when i say retarded you take the cake. Man were you born on the top of the stupid tree... then fell down and hit every branch on the way down. Ok first of all if I was on aol i would want a new isp to okay download a file at 0.33kb/s is not my thing. Second of all you smoked too much crack when you were a kid or maybe your mom dropped you a few times who knows who cares. Comet Cursor is to add stupid cursors when you surf somebody's page. Bonzai Buddy is a annoying fucking parot that talks and just fucking annoys you and sings and tells retarded jokes you may have found them funny due to your current intelligence. Flash im sure you would have thought it was a hacker program cause you didn't even know where to start to use it. Well i can see why your son wants new hardware fuck its a compaq compaqs suck... and if he is play QUAKE NO WONDER HE WANTS NEW SHIT your pc fucking sucks. Anyways AMD stands for AMERICAN MICRO DEVICES your a fool for saying that and if AMD found out what you said you can be sued for slander hope you got big bucks Mr. Mouthy. Ok your just retarded neuromancer is a fantasy book so get a life Mr. Wizard. Pearl is a programmers book fuck people in university buy it because they are STUDYING PROGRAMMING your such a fucking moron do people stick their fingers at your head and say duh empty. "If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt"
ok your just retarded there. DOS is a os but what you are talking about is d0s its the denial of service not disturbance form what one of your retarded minions of stupidity posted. It is done by sending unfinished packets so that the computer tries to process the first one but can't then tons and tons more come in and the computer just gets bogged out and either gets a famous B.S.O.D blue screen of death ... or just gets so slow you have to say wtf. Ok if I had a dad like you i woudln't just become argumentative i would take you and throw you out the window or do the world a favor and shoot you and say oops duh.Ok you must have a really crappy pc since Lunix is Little Unix for a Commador 64. It is Linux not whatever else and Mandrake Debian And Red Hat are distrubutions of linux. Ok its not a fucking hacker os since FU*KING IBM ECT... INCLUDES IT IN SERVER PCS YOU FU*KING DOLT HELLO MCFLY ANYBODY HOME? I see you read about 4 secs of the info and made the rest of the shit up. I use linux im not a hacker i just like that I can get it to do what i want it to not what Bill Gates wants it to do. ALSO LINUX AN UNIX DO NOT DESTROY YOUR HDD. It makes a linux partition knows as Linux Native you can't see it in Windows because its just too lame to include linux native file support. You just fire up your windows bootdisk then type in fdisk go to delete partitions then go to non dos and delete each one in their then go to create primary DOS partition and no your not hacking somebody moron. Then after that you format it nothing damaged on your hard drive you dont' need to get a new one. If i had to put up with your constant bullshit i would be getting in drugs to you made me want to find you and bop you in the back of your head with a ice pick. So don't be retarded don't cause mass panic linux is good secure fast sure it doens't do your crappy aol but geez your lame if you think aol is good or you just don't know how to do the same things. Somebody should just take away your internet just for the fact of publishing stupid comments and trying to pass them off as facts.

------------------

Title: wow a lot of negative comments

Comment: Okay i'm not going to speend anymore time on the stupid web site... i just have to say, after seeing the 300+ comments for that artical, okay i'm gona say it... ready... HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!! ...

--------------------

Title: And the trophy for incompetence goes to...

Comment:     I thought this was a joke, then I saw it was serious. I have seen stupid people in my day, but this eclipses all of them under one giant "hole". Seriously, this guy has to be on drugs or something. T Reginald Dumbass, or whatever the fuck your name is, quit with the smothering of children. I am tempted to call child services for abuse. Your kids are not safe with you. You will turn them into mindless soulless AOL users of Intel only products with no upgrades and no futures. I feel sorry for your children, because they will never learn to swear, and they will never learn what a complete and utter F*CK YOU ARE. As another person said in this wonderful forum you have here, if your wife hasnt divorced you and sued for custody with no visitation from you, she should do so NOW!

You cant even spell LINUX RIGHT. LINUX YOU STUPID F*CK! LINUX.

Do me, and US all a favor. Kill yourself. Right now. Please overdose on something. Fall down some stairs a couple of times. Take a hammer to your own head. Run through ten lanes of traffic at 70 MPH, SOMETHING! JUST DIE!

-------------

And many many more ill post more funny ones later ahahah the comments are the best. :lol::lol:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Abz2k4 on 02-10-2005 at 03:39 PM

I saw that posted on Neowin a while ago and i have a lot of similarities to the kid in the article e.g. I spend all day on my computer, people complain im "not sociable enough" and "i always think im right" etc, my parents are already concerned with the amount of time i spend on my computer so if they saw that they would confiscate it for sure.. :|

RE: RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by paperless on 02-10-2005 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
I saw that posted on Neowin a while ago and i have a lot of similarities to the kid in the article e.g. I spend all day on my computer, people complain im "not sociable enough" and "i always think im right" etc, my parents are already concerned with the amount of time i spend on my computer so if they saw that they would confiscate it for sure.. :|

Same here to be honest :p...  :)... my mums complaining, James complains :p.

Lets make a club...
Everyone says that to me i know its true but i just suck in talking to others, im shy.
I would prefer not to be shy but i cant so...
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Millenium_edition on 02-10-2005 at 04:04 PM

i think any of these signs makes you a geek, not a hacker ¬¬

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
i think any of these signs makes you a geek, not a hacker ¬¬

I have to agree with you there...

This thread cracks me up, why are mothers so... how can I put it... they just don't listen to anything you say and then they screw at you regardless if you've told them the truth already... They're very imaginitive :wink:.
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by saralk on 02-10-2005 at 04:42 PM

yeah, mine are like that. They think im looking at porn all the time :/ (i dont look at porn... on the net)

i think that was cleanfilm's dad

RE: RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Titty on 02-10-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
quote:

:lol::lol::lol:

That is so stupid.  A raver hacker.  Hahahaha

Oh, one thing.  Theres like a difference between a hacker, slacker, and cracker.  Hackers are not criminals or vandals.  Crackers are the ones who create cracks and trojans.. and slackers are like, kiddies who never wrote a program before, but use ones for download and think they're super cool...

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:

I don't know a single person that would dare do that ever seriously, thats the lamest thing that i've heard in my life :lol:..
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Jhrono on 02-10-2005 at 05:26 PM

quote:
. Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

:dodgy: ....flash?:S...

ok that father thought he know alot and that all the planet is stupid or what:P....most of it is crap!:P

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by jren207 on 02-10-2005 at 06:34 PM

Bonzi Buddy is a stupid piece of spyware that takes the resemblance of a monkey :P

Why on Earth would a hacker use a monkey that's spying on their own computer :lol:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by paperless on 02-10-2005 at 07:55 PM

I think the term hacker and cracker should be changed by each other like p+eople think a ahcker is a cracker why the hell dont we just make the word hacker the meaning of cracker and cracker the meaning of hacker...

It doesnt matter how much you say it.. even pros on the tv say to make it more understandable so i think that term should be changed in the dictionary

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Stephen on 02-10-2005 at 08:59 PM

lol... this is funny. it was in my local paper to... :P O_o

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by TheBlasphemer on 02-10-2005 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen
lol... this is funny. it was in my local paper to... :P O_o

I hope it was in the comics section?
if not, please send a letter to the editor :/
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Purity on 02-10-2005 at 10:16 PM

Hahaha, it's some 'serious bullshit'....:D

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by paperless on 02-10-2005 at 10:57 PM

Oh mcon if people really think this is real like  isaw in the comments they just sutpid... if u see the other articles u see its all satire or smething of that style the guy who wrote this has done a really really great job

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Concord Dawn on 02-10-2005 at 11:30 PM

I think this image is appropriate.

[Image: smells.jpg]

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by DJeX on 02-11-2005 at 01:05 AM

AHH HEMM...... AHHHHH HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what a bunch of loosers "OH NO my son is a computer hacker" LAMO :lol: watch out he will get you.

Indeed a wapping double stacked pile of BS with bull shit cream.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Concord Dawn on 02-11-2005 at 01:07 AM

quote:
4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

If you pay close attention to your son's reading habits, as I do, you will be able to determine a great deal about his opinions and hobbies. Children are at their most impressionable in the teenage years. Any father who has had a seventeen year old daughter attempt to sneak out on a date wearing make up and perfume is well aware of the effect that improper influences can have on inexperienced minds.

There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

If you find any of these hacking manuals in your child's possession, confiscate them immediately. You should also petition local booksellers to remove these titles from their shelves. You may meet with some resistance at first, but even booksellers have to bow to community pressure.

I own like 3 of those books......what a fucking joke. This person should honestly die, go to hell, then be shot and dunked in a pool of fire for the rest of eternity. What a fucking moron.......
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by DJeX on 02-11-2005 at 01:20 AM

After reading the whole thing, I've decided to hunt this guy down. LOL j/k

lol Watch out for AMD. lol someone call the police I got a AMD.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by NiteMare on 02-11-2005 at 06:10 AM

i think that the whole post is bull, i do every single one of those things excepte read the hacking manuels, and my parents couldn't be prouder , cuz i out smart them in a feild that will take me far, i have never hacked in my life, and i think ANY parent that bans there kid from the computer should be shot for OVERCONTROL, i think it was good that yourson was spending so much time on the computer, and if he was hacking let him, he'll get cought, its a life lesson that needs to be learned

seriously, you have no idea how much it furiates me that parents are so controling of there kids that they take away anything that they don't understand, none of those reasons you listed have any fucking thing to do with hacking

i'm going to stop now as i am to angry from reading this post to type and spell corectly anymore

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by segosa on 02-11-2005 at 06:28 AM

Why does everyone think this is written by someone who was trying to be serious? It's painfully obvious the person who wrote it knew it was all bullshit...

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by NiteMare on 02-11-2005 at 06:30 AM

its not weather they were seruious or not, its that thought that makes me mad, because there are perents out there that do that and worse!

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by L. Coyote on 02-11-2005 at 06:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
Why does everyone think this is written by someone who was trying to be serious? It's painfully obvious the person who wrote it knew it was all bullshit...
I'm thankful someone else has pointed that out, although it's funny to watch them wishing the death of some fake dad. :rofl:
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by John Anderton on 02-11-2005 at 07:38 AM

This is total Bullshit as i said.
But as long as this thread is on the latest threads list i am scared to open this page cause if my parents read it then :| they'll think that im a 'hack0r" :dodgy: which i'm not :dodgy:
But still i'll get a good long lecture :dodgy:
So die thread die :dodgy: :lol:
* John Anderton uses his Hack0rz tools to hack n delete this thread :lol::lol::lol:
* John Anderton then remembers he isnt really a hack0r but still the manual sayz so :dodgy:
* John Anderton shuts down his pc
* John Anderton runs :|
:dodgy: Not really thou :dodgy:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Pr0xY on 02-11-2005 at 07:57 AM

Don't forget, your also a computer hacker if your addicted to the new drug called "PHP"... :P

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Tasha on 02-11-2005 at 03:09 PM

I think I know a lot of hackers then.

This is total bs, and I didn't bother reading it all. |-)

EDIT: 100th post!!!!!!!!!!  :banana: :o) :o) :o) :o) :o) :o) :o) :banana:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by fluffy_lobster on 02-11-2005 at 04:46 PM

If that ever was written by a real person it's been edited by someone who got a bit carried away the more they edited.  Shame.  It could almost have been believable.

The best bit is that the comments are even more retarded than the original letter :P

[edit] except this one, which pretty much sums up my views :P

quote:
The article was very funny, but the comments are the best. Honestly I almost wet my pants with all the 'l33t sl4shd0ttaz' coming to 'the rescue'.

Honestly, where is peoples sense of humour these days!

Wit, folks. Remember you are just as dumb as our imaginary 'caring parent' if you leaped in with your critical posts.

Beautiful writing, the links were brilliant, and thanks, you dumb slashdotters for confirming your complete lack of sense, understanding, humour and brains.

Brilliant.
Hook, Line and Sinker.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Ash_ on 02-11-2005 at 04:52 PM

OMG!! TELNET IS A HACKER PROGRAM.

THAT KID WAS A REAL HACKER!!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg.

*Unblocks

:dodgy:, 'Lunix', thats a keeper.

and the third world stuff just made it all work :P

good stuff, good stuff

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 06:24 PM

REading it through again it just gets even more unrealistic to be honest... Its all dodgy tabloid stuff thats been made up throughout...

if its not been made up, its been magically 'reworded' to make it what it is :).

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Jhrono on 02-11-2005 at 06:27 PM

**** A. R. S. P. A. (that's my name:P...) has a citzen of this world has one thing to say...

that parent was crappy:P...

RE: RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by user2319 on 02-11-2005 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Don't forget, your also a computer hacker if your addicted to the new drug called "PHP"... :P

ya, that story! :lol:
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by DJeX on 02-11-2005 at 10:51 PM

It's really quite funny.  :lol:

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by st0rm on 02-12-2005 at 11:03 AM

according to that, i would be a baby hacker hehe

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by uberdosis on 02-15-2005 at 08:26 AM

My fathers son is a hacker!

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by linx05 on 02-16-2005 at 01:39 PM

Hahahaha

I'm scared of hackers because...
They hack into NASA 5% 
They steal things 4% 
They are violent sociopaths 4% 
They use amphetamines and speed 7% 
They help Osama Bin Laden 14% 
They're un-American 5% 
They smell bad 58%

Votes: 11015

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by -Moo Power- on 02-26-2005 at 03:07 AM

OMFG I just register just to say this..ERJUM

THIS IS PURE BULLSHIT! acordin to this, I was a computer hacker since i was 8.

the person who wrote that is a complete ingnorant, quake is a hacking trainig base sure...
ur son wants a video card to hack..sure.......
ur son wants to change from AOL..hacker...sure.....

B-u-L-L-S-H-I-T

I laughed my ass off reading this

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Caboose on 02-26-2005 at 06:00 AM

*Insert generic comment that everyone's already said here* :P

Seriously though, if that guy was my dad, I would kick him in the sleigh bells for being so stupid.

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Rubber Stamp on 02-27-2005 at 09:44 AM

hey linx05, UR NAME RESEMBLES LINUX!!!!!!!!!! u r a HACKER! get away fn hacker!!!!
oh no! i have got AMD! shit, i m a hacker! thank god this post made me realize who i really am!
no dad no! plz dont ground me! i never meant to become a hacker, i never knw i was one! i isnt my fault! plz dont cut off my  net connection...cos if u do, then ill hack ur brain! HAHAHAHA

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by John Anderton on 02-27-2005 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
They hack into NASA 5% {:|}
They steal things 4%  {True}
They are violent sociopaths 4% {Not necessraly imo}
They help Osama Bin Laden 14% {WTF how did that come up :|}
They're un-American 5%[s] {What if they are not americans and are from some other country. Then they would be un-american :P}
[s]They smell bad 58%

Where did u get that :| :dodgy:
I have cut a few things out and edited the post with my answers.
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by The Napster on 02-27-2005 at 10:45 AM

WTF? Theyre describing me! :p

Total BS...

quote:
Originally posted by linx05

They hack into NASA 5% 
They steal things 4% 
They are violent sociopaths 4% 
They help Osama Bin Laden 14% 
They're un-American 5% 
They smell bad 58%

Votes: 11015
LOL... :lol:
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by King For A Day on 02-27-2005 at 12:52 PM

if they are gonna make some crap like that up they should at least make it belivable!!!
asses

RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Joa on 02-28-2005 at 02:00 PM

quote:
As an enlightened, modern parent

quote:
I have decided to publish the top ten signs that your son is a hacker.

:lol: wtf? man, this article was friggin hilarious... if anybody believed this half the kids in the world would lose computer privileges.
RE: Is your son a computer hacker? by Jhrono on 02-28-2005 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ
if anybody believed this half the kids in the world would lose computer privileges.

Only Half?:lol: