Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! (/showthread.php?tid=38170)

Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-10-2005 at 06:03 AM

Hi everyone!

After several months of work, Messenger Plus! 3.50 is finally starting to look good! MSN Messenger 7.0 (final) will soon be release to the public by Microsoft and this new version of Messenger Plus! will be 100% compatible with it. Everything has been polished so that you don't see a difference with MSN Messenger 6. The one and only exception is the removal of the "hide banner" option (MSN Messenger 7 only). As it was already said on the forum, I felt this option had not its place anymore with the new Messenger version as Microsoft obviously intends to generate some money with their software now.

Of course, compatibility fixes would be pretty boring on their own. That's why several new stuff have been added. This includes SSL support for POP3 Emails (needed for providers like GMail), less memory and system resources usage, various user interface improvements, and more. But out of everything, two improvements merit some special attention.

The first nice improvement concerns custom contact names. This feature has had several great enhancements compatible with MSN Messenger 7 which are colors, formatting and "real name attach options". All these options are automatically applied in the contact list, toast notifications and the chat windows. Images being better than words, here are two screenshots of those improvements:

Custom Names Improvements - Screenshot 1
Custom Names Improvements - Screenshot 2

The next improvement is a brand new feature that is supposed to re-energize the Messenger Plus! add-on. Messenger Plus! 3.50's big new feature is Custom Emotion Sounds. While some of you may have preferred something more “l33t”, like, let’s say, an embedded Linux shell ;), this new feature was created for a reason: the current Sound Command feature of Messenger Plus! is the number one used feature of the whole plugin (as you can see, my stats did use some purpose :). The Custom Emotion Sound feature brings sound integration in MSN Messenger to the next level and allows you to add and send any sound you want to your contacts. These sounds can be created from existing sound files (like mp3 music), recorded live from your microphone or imported directly from an http link of a previously saved sound pack. Each sound is cut (maximum of 10 seconds, more would just be annoying after a while) and automatically compressed to improve transfer time. The whole interface has been polished, wizards are extremely easy to use, recording and sound edition can be made with a couple of mouse clicks… everything was made to let you forget the technical details and enjoy the feature itself.

Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 1
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 2
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 3

In the chat window, a specially designed panel has been created to accommodate the new feature and is accessible from a new Messenger Plus! toolbar (those of you who will miss the 25 pixels of width can disable it and access the feature with a shortcut). The panel gives quick access to the sounds, organized by categories or stats, and also lets you instantly download new sounds at random, from the Messenger Plus! server (which will include all the sounds previously sent by other people, except sounds marked private). This way, if sound creation is not your thing, you’ll still be able to enjoy thousands of sounds with the click of a button. When a sound is received, a special message is displayed in the chat window, similar to the one Messenger displays for some of its features. You get a link to play or stop any of the previously sent sounds at any time. You also have the option to automatically download and automatically play new sounds when they arrive. And to conclude, any sound you receive is automatically added to your own personal sound library so that you can send it back easily to somebody else.

Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 4
Custom Emotion Sounds - Screenshot 5

I’d like to add that all the people who have already tested this feature just love it. I hope you will all feel the same when this version will be finally released in March. It took me two months of work to create the Custom Sounds which is a lot more than the time I spent on anything else in Messenger Plus! since its creation. This feature has been made to be fun, just and only fun, no geeky feature attached.

Many great things will wait for you in Messenger Plus! 3.50, just keep on waiting a little longer, I promise you won't disappointed! And here we go for another year together... :).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Mike on 02-10-2005 at 06:05 AM

Sounds very very cool Patchou!
Good work (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Bionic on 02-10-2005 at 06:06 AM

Great job... Keep up the good work... (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-10-2005 at 06:07 AM

I've said it and I'll say it again: congrats on this upcoming release, and I hope everyone will appreciate once again all the hard work you've put into the new Plus! version.

:banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Purity on 02-10-2005 at 06:07 AM

Wow! Awsome! Saw some of this on www.mess.be, but it;s good yoy posted it in forums.:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Weyzza on 02-10-2005 at 06:14 AM

Well, I like the custom name improvement :)

I got a quick question though.

If I activate "use formatting option while chatting", am I going to  have the whole custom name and nick name in convo windows?

(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-10-2005 at 06:32 AM

quote:
If I activate "use formatting option while chatting", am I going to  have the whole custom name and nick name in convo windows?
of course: no :). That's one of the reasons this option is better than special tags.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by wj on 02-10-2005 at 06:35 AM

I LOVE THE CUSTOM SOUND FEATURE!!! IT ROCKS!!!!!

Keep up the good work Patchou! Messenger Plus just keeps getting better!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by L. Coyote on 02-10-2005 at 06:43 AM

Woo hoo! (Y) Great, just great! :) I can't wait to use this version!

Nothing beats Messenger Plus!, IMO. (H)

Have fun with the game, take some rest! :D You've done a great job.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by rix on 02-10-2005 at 06:50 AM

Oh yeah!

But you keep the mystery up by not telling the exact date, when it gonna be released. Waiting (Y)

Patchou, good luck with it!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Eljay on 02-10-2005 at 07:29 AM

the new plus toolbar in convo window looks gr8 :)

keep up the good work patchou :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by KnightieBoy on 02-10-2005 at 07:32 AM

Patchou, well done once again.. I'm sure we won't be disappointed :D Can't imagine how proud you must be of your baby, your creation.. I know I would be, if I were you.. :) Keep it up! (Y) :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by spokes on 02-10-2005 at 07:54 AM

excellent work patchou, can't wait!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 07:57 AM

As I said before very good work Patchou. I wish I could of beta tested it.:(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Lilo on 02-10-2005 at 08:29 AM

Wow, it looks so cool :grin: and can´t wait to be trying all the new features! (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ~INVASION~ on 02-10-2005 at 08:49 AM

hmmmm what will u do when the final release of msn messenger 7 comes out, wont u have to update it all again cause its a new version of messenger that is not the same as the beta out now

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by RaceProUK on 02-10-2005 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
MSN Messenger 7.0 (final) will soon be release to the public by Microsoft and this new version of Messenger Plus! will be 100% compatible with it.
Be assured that the final release won't have any major differences on the compatibility front.

Patchou, is that a KDE-style logo in one of the Custom Sounds windows? Great work by the way - going by how many people have used my sound plugins, this new feature will be very popular.

Now, since there's no need for my sound plugins anymore :(, I can start work on some more advanced projects I think people will like :).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Mnjul on 02-10-2005 at 09:45 AM

Sounds great Patchou (Y)

I'm really looking forward to Plus! 3.50 :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 10:15 AM

Sounds amazing to me, I'm looking forward to testing it :banana:...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-10-2005 at 10:18 AM

I see a Plus icon on top of the contactlist :). Love the custom name improvements.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by jren207 on 02-10-2005 at 10:32 AM

The sound feature looks good (y)

i also noticed the button on the toolbar on the main window...
is that going to open the plus! prefs or somthing like that... ? 8-)

anyway, can't wait for the new version :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by surfichris on 02-10-2005 at 10:32 AM

After playing with the sound feature (and helping do a bit of work on the server side of it with Wj) I can assure you it is truely awesome..

Now, back to working on our staff interface.. :-D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Dempsey on 02-10-2005 at 11:12 AM

looks great, im sure everyone will appreciate all the work you've put into this new release.

* Dempsey can't wait to test

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ChiefWahoo on 02-10-2005 at 11:15 AM

And of course this release will also be fully compatible with Windows Messenger 5.1, am I right?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Smethead on 02-10-2005 at 11:19 AM

Great job, Patchou (y)(y)(y). Can't wait for the release :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Tochjo on 02-10-2005 at 11:24 AM

Looks great :banana::banana::banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Jeronimo on 02-10-2005 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Looks great :banana::banana::banana:
Indeed it does look rather spiffing. I expect the new feature to be used loads. So much so that will there be enough space on the server to store them all? :D

Also looking forward to all the other surprises in store for us when March comes around.

* Jeronimo can't wait for Plus! 3.50 :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Edna Mode on 02-10-2005 at 11:35 AM

it looks so great, too bad i wont be able to use it, my stupid compuetr was crashing so my parents uninstalled msg plus, firefox, thunderbird, sunbird, stuffplug, THE ONLY THING THEY LEFT WAS MESSENGER :'( :@:@:@:@

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by giken on 02-10-2005 at 11:40 AM

I'm waiting this new release since a long time... I love new custom name improvements...
BTW, is the bug with custom name and stuffplug timestamp fixed? :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 02-10-2005 at 12:55 PM

I'm really looking forward to this release :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by FrozernFire on 02-10-2005 at 01:20 PM

wow, the custom sound is more that i thought it will be. good work patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mandorallen on 02-10-2005 at 04:06 PM

Incredible joob Patchou.

I love the Custon Name Improvements, i am gettin crazy waiting for the new version of Msg Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by John Anderton on 02-10-2005 at 04:12 PM

* John Anderton cant wait for the release
Exact date hasnt been fixed yet rite ??
Good features and enhancements. Now i can check my gmail accounts (2 accounts) on msn messenger itself :)
Good work Patchou ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
* John Anderton cant wait for the release

Exact date hasnt been fixed yet rite ??
Good features and enhancements. Now i can check my gmail accounts (2 accounts) on msn messenger itself :)
Good work Patchou ;)

I don't think the exact date will be released, as there may be delays... as we've seen from msn messenger :p... Sometime in early march apparently ;)...

I think that it will be able to check the same amount of accounts that we've seen in previous versions of plus!... don't see why not :).

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mandorallen on 02-10-2005 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I think that it will be able to check the same amount of accounts that we've seen in previous versions of plus!... don't see why not :).

John Anderton was not talking about he number of the accounts you were able to read
Gmail accounts use the SSL security, and it was impossible to read gmail accounts through Msg Plus!, but now, SSL security have been fixed in the nev version, you can read it in the original post of this thread :P

quote:

Of course, compatibility fixes would be pretty boring on their own. That's why several new stuff have been added. This includes SSL support for POP3 Emails (needed for providers like GMail), less memory and system resources usage, various user interface improvements, and more. But out of everything...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-10-2005 at 07:15 PM

Thbank you so much for the support everyone :). Here are some answers to your questions.

quote:
Patchou, is that a KDE-style logo in one of the Custom Sounds windows?
I'm not a Linux user so I don't really know KDE, what icon are you talking about and why does it remind you of KDE? (just asking out of curiosity :)).

quote:
i also noticed the button on the toolbar on the main window...
This icon will be used for two thigns: access the content of the Plus! menu when the frame of the contact list is hidden, and get the count of unread emails for the POP3 accounts you've setup (it will be better like that than changing the text of the normal E-Mail button of Messenger).

quote:
And of course this release will also be fully compatible with Windows Messenger 5.1, am I right?
Yes it will, I'm glad to see that someone does care ;).

quote:
I expect the new feature to be used loads. So much so that will there be enough space on the server to store them all?
There should be but if/when there's not enough drive space of bandwidth available on the server, I engage myself of buying a second one, and a third one if necessary. This feature is here to stay :).

quote:
Exact date hasnt been fixed yet rite?
Not yet but I can take a wild guess and tell you it will be in the first half of the month :).

Patchou
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by spastje on 02-10-2005 at 07:36 PM

good job, Patchou
but I think you have to update msn plus! because there is a new version of msn messenger on his way : msn messenger 7.0.0604
(beta)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Mike on 02-10-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spastje
k you have to update msn plus! because there is a new version of msn messenger on his way :
Patchou is a Microsoft MVP tester, so he knows and gets msn beta versions. :)
So he can fix any compatibility issues if there are any.

By the way, it's Messenger Plus! or for short MsgPlus not Msn Plus!
Msn Plus! is a microsoft product!
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by spastje on 02-10-2005 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
k you have to update msn plus! because there is a new version of msn messenger on his way :
Patchou is a Microsoft MVP tester, so he knows and gets msn beta versions. :)
So he can fix any compatibility issues if there are any.

By the way, it's Messenger Plus! or for short MsgPlus not Msn Plus!
Msn Plus! is a microsoft product!

sorry could you forgive me.
idd it's messenger plus! I was confused I just post something on a messenger forum.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-10-2005 at 08:06 PM

I just saw that there would be a new beta of MSN Messenger 7, and only in March. To avoid compatibility issues, Messenger Plus! 3.50 will not be released before this beta.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by rix on 02-10-2005 at 08:08 PM

quote:
I just saw that there would be a new beta of MSN Messenger 7, and only in March. To avoid compatibility issues, Messenger Plus! 3.50 will not be released before this beta.

A new BETA of Messenger 7? :o So we have to wait another month and more? But whata hek...im ready for it and it's worth for waiting! :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by spastje on 02-10-2005 at 08:12 PM

no don't let me wait sow long. and the version is already leaked (msn messenger 7.0.0604) I have heard

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
now don't let me wait sow long. and the version is already leaked I have heard
Hahhaa.... no, you've heard wrong.  Messenger Plus! 3.50 will not be leaked. 

I mean the version of msn messenger 7.0.0604
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ZrednaZ on 02-10-2005 at 09:35 PM

quote:
The one and only exception is the removal of the "hide banner" option (MSN Messenger 7 only). As it was already said on the forum, I felt this option had not its place anymore with the new Messenger version as Microsoft obviously intends to generate some money with their software now.

Since when is this your problem? Plus! won't be the same without this feature...
Oh well... I'll just get some kind of patch for this. (6)

Apart from that this new version is looking very interesting and I can't wait to try it. :D Plz don't forget that I've applied for beta testing ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Robinski on 02-10-2005 at 10:26 PM

quote:
just saw that there would be a new beta of MSN Messenger 7, and only in March. To avoid compatibility issues, Messenger Plus! 3.50 will not be released before this beta.

Noooooooo :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Why Microsoft
Why do we have to suffer another month of waiting
Why.....:S:S:S

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-10-2005 at 10:29 PM

quote:

quote:

I'm not a Linux user so I don't really know KDE, what icon are you talking about and why does it remind you of KDE? (just asking out of curiosity ).
Hmm... :dodgy:

I don't use Linux either so I don't know which icon you mean, but all the icons were created either from scratch (rec, play, etc.), from Msgplus current icons (such as the sound packs icon), or from Windows basic icons (e.g. the speaker icon)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by RaceProUK on 02-10-2005 at 10:38 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'm not a Linux user so I don't really know KDE, what icon are you talking about and why does it remind you of KDE? (just asking out of curiosity ).
It's the blue cog icon.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by wj on 02-10-2005 at 10:40 PM

[Image: kde_gear001.jpg]

It's similar to one of the KDE Background images shown above

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 11:37 PM

Wow, sounds great, the only thing I am not liking the look of is the way in the convo window, the plus! symbol and a little bell show up down the side bit where you type. Will there be an option to change this so it is across the top toolbar, next to nudges, or if not, could you possibly add one? - i'm sure I'm not the only one to not like it that way.

Can't Wait anyways. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-10-2005 at 11:45 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
It's the blue cog icon.
The cog on the bottom left?
[Image: sounds-3.jpg]
It's from Windows XP's resources... and it's a cog, how can't it be similar to another cog! :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by wj on 02-10-2005 at 11:47 PM

Microsoft must have stolen it from KDE and Linux in part of it's evil scheme to start charging users to run computers with Linux. ;-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Panachiba on 02-11-2005 at 12:47 AM

messenger plus! 3.50 sound great ,good work patchou :D master :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-11-2005 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Microsoft must have stolen it from KDE and Linux in part of it's evil scheme to start charging users to run computers with Linux. ;-)
Nope, I'm sorry to say... :P

KDE's crystal color scheme was created originally by an artist called Everaldo in 2002, while the Windows XP icons were created by The Icon Factory for Microsoft some time during 2000 or early 2001.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by wj on 02-11-2005 at 12:56 AM

Bah, Thats what you think..... I was just joking anyways :-P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Concord Dawn on 02-11-2005 at 01:01 AM

Ok, that just made my day!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thumbs up to Patchou!!! :banana:

* Concord Dawn goes and puts on some happy bouncing dance music to celebrate.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Chrono on 02-11-2005 at 02:13 AM

nice pitcho, well done (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-11-2005 at 03:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Bah, Thats what you think..... I was just joking anyways :-P
I know, I know :P

quote:
مشكووووووور
Dodgy :dodgy:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by J.J on 02-11-2005 at 04:49 AM

AwEsOmE!!! Cant wait! Keep it going Patchou (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Shezi on 02-11-2005 at 08:22 AM

hurrah!
.. the new msgplus! on its ways.....;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Anubis on 02-11-2005 at 12:00 PM

Nice work Patch, I can't wait until it comes out. Traxor has gone nuts using the custom emoticon sounds on people he obviously knows can't hear it, lol.
However I was wondering what can be done so that older versions of Messenger Plus don't get the code coming up when someone using 3.50 contacts someone on a previous version, the code may confuse a few people. In any case the auto-updater is the obvious solution...It may not be to much of a 1337 idea but it's certainly going to be a big hit :p

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 12:02 PM

Anubis, I'm just copying and pasting from Fishy, i don't have it yet lol... it was on copy and paste and I'd thort that I would annoy you >.<... lol...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Anubis on 02-11-2005 at 12:04 PM

quote:

Anubis, I'm just copying and pasting from Fishy, i don't have it yet lol... it was on copy and paste and I'd thort that I would annoy you >.<... lol...
Well I wasn't to know that, lol. Anyway, the problem about the code still stands for people who are using earlier versions.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:

Well I wasn't to know that, lol. Anyway, the problem about the code still stands for people who are using earlier versions.

That it does, but when copying and pasting it to chris, it plays the sound for him, its justlike how the colour codes and stuff don't show for people without plus! but they show for us...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Anubis on 02-11-2005 at 12:09 PM

quote:
its justlike how the colour codes and stuff don't show for people without plus! but they show for us...

Yes, but that problem can't be avoided without major changes...
What I was wondering if there was a way to change the code that was said so that people who already have Plus! and use an earlier version (for whatever reasons) don't see the code, Messenger Plus can hide certain code so if the message was sent in a certain way earlier versions may hide it.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 12:12 PM

I don't think thats possible, I don't think that there is much point either, most people will be using the most recent version... So the code change would be ludacris, the code has already been done, its just testing and the server stuff thats being sorted out now...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by daejung on 02-11-2005 at 12:30 PM

The "hide banner" option was the main reason why i used messenger plus. Too bad you dropped it. I will then no longer use messenger plus

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daejung
The "hide banner" option was the main reason why i used messenger plus. Too bad you dropped it. I will then no longer use messenger plus

It has been dropped because Patchou feels they should deserve an income, I think that Stuffplug NG gets rid of the advertisement banner, and you can still have all of the useful features of plus! and more... you can download stuffplug ng here...

www.stuffplug.com

you will need Messenger Plus! installed to Run Stuffplug.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by HiraKoer on 02-11-2005 at 08:01 PM

Woww. this new msg extra!  it seems very good to me.  (Patchi friend:P me you can pass asi underneath - and not it comment)

ehmm, you know, to prove it:P in addition asi since there is beta testtler.  I am to spammer testtler:lol::lol:

-- it is a taste to be in your forum..                             

(it creates a form, to be able to change skin external of CUSTOMIZED messenger!   

* suggestion then as my friend said! :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by sock on 02-11-2005 at 08:03 PM

quote:
This includes SSL support for POP3 Emails (needed for providers like GMail), less memory and system resources usage, various user interface improvements, and more.
Yeah!! :banana: That's what I'm talkin' about.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-11-2005 at 09:03 PM

I thought you may like to know that I jut added an internal feature that adds an automatic fade-in and fade-out effect of 70 milliseconds each to any sound created. This way, nobody will have to endure "clicking" noises caused by sound cuts.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Eljay on 02-11-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
I thought you may like to know that I jut added an internal feature that adds an automatic fade-in and fade-out effect of 70 milliseconds each to any sound created. This way, nobody will have to endure "clicking" noises caused by sound cuts.

can this be disabled?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-11-2005 at 09:17 PM

quote:
I thought you may like to know that I jut added an internal feature that adds an automatic fade-in and fade-out effect of 100 milliseconds each to any sound created. This way, nobody will have to endure "clicking" noises caused by sound cuts.
Woah nice :)
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
can this be disabled?
0.1 second; that's not going to cut anything really important from your sounds, only make it sound better... I don't think it's really worth it to add a checkbox to the interface for that (yes, many users get frightened of extra controls).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 02-11-2005 at 09:24 PM

quote:
This way, nobody will have to endure "clicking" noises caused by sound cuts.

? what "clicking" are you talking about?

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's the blue cog icon.
The cog on the bottom left?
[Image: sounds-3.jpg]
It's from Windows XP's resources... and it's a cog, how can't it be similar to another cog! :P

cog?, that looks like a sprocket to me
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-11-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by s_lyon87
cog?, that looks like a sprocket to me
Cog
Popular term for a rear sprocket. Sometimes incorrectly used as a synonym for cluster, which is actually a group of cogs.
Originally, "cog" referred to just a single tooth on a "cog wheel." Then "cog wheel" was shortened by popular usage to "cog."

http://www.google.com.ar/search?num=100&q=define%3Acog&meta=

quote:
? what "clicking" are you talking about?
When sounds are cut, I think he means that... using a fade in/fade out gives a smoother sound. (if you know what I mean)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by _Humphreys on 02-11-2005 at 10:53 PM

feuerteufel14 the point in that quote was? Does anyone know when 3.50 will be released will it be delyaed cause of Msn 7?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-11-2005 at 10:54 PM

Sorry, I made a mistake.. the fade-in and fade-out effects created by Plus! are 70 milliseconds at each side. And no, it can't be disabled as this is not something you'll actually hear, it's just to smoothout the sound to avoid the sound card to play an annoying click at the begining and/or end of the sound (that can happen for various technical reasons).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 02-11-2005 at 11:00 PM

quote:
(that can happen for various technical reasons).

what are they Patch? :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by s7a5 on 02-12-2005 at 03:39 AM

quote:
Sorry, I made a mistake.. the fade-in and fade-out effects created by Plus! are 70 milliseconds at each side. And no, it can't be disabled as this is not something you'll actually hear, it's just to smoothout the sound to avoid the sound card to play an annoying click at the begining and/or end of the sound (that can happen for various technical reasons).

(y) nice !
cuz people usually never trim the begining and the ending.
What i mean by triming is returning the wave at 0db amplitude to avoid clicks

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by lizard.boy on 02-12-2005 at 05:19 AM

nice :D. hehe question time..
1. are the public sounds going to be moderated? cause you wouldnt want someone to use a random public sound taht yells @&#^ YOU! now would you.
2. is it to late to beg for a way to add a regestry tweak or something so that you can choose where you see the origonal name added on? like
contact list       [x]
toats               [x]
conversations [_]

one of my biggest pet peves is having 4 lines of name for each line fo text in a conversation window :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Patchou on 02-12-2005 at 05:57 AM

You can chose if you want to usecustom names or not during a chat, else, they are applied everywhere else. As for moderating the public sounds, yes, they will be moderated up to some extent(I'm not here to judge what is politically correct, I'll just remove extreme stuff like racism)..

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by f1d0d1d08989 on 02-12-2005 at 10:06 AM

Nice...(Y)

Keep up the good work Patchou...

* f1d0d1d08989 waits for the release of it...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by SikStyles on 02-13-2005 at 03:31 AM

i dont know if anyone has asked this question but when is it coming out?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 03:35 AM

Patchou aims for 10 March, but it could be later, even April. I guess it all depends on what Microsoft does in their new MSN7 beta's and how well Plus! works on that.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by SikStyles on 02-13-2005 at 03:40 AM

can u use it in msn 6.2?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by f1d0d1d08989 on 02-13-2005 at 03:42 AM

Yes you can...It will be available for all versions of Messenger from version 4 onwards...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by SikStyles on 02-13-2005 at 03:43 AM

awsome!!
Cant wait !!!!

good work patch

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Mikael on 02-13-2005 at 07:08 AM

Yeah the beta is out.. go to http://messenger.msn.com/beta/download/

have fun.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by cri-cri on 02-13-2005 at 09:42 AM

hello everybody,
i'm new and i would like to know if a "mute" option is in project in this new version of msn plus. it would be useful when you want to listen to music and stay online.
sorry for my english, i'm french.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Edna Mode on 02-13-2005 at 09:44 AM

you can turn of sounds and things in personal settings, and your english is fine

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by brad__bomb on 02-13-2005 at 09:47 AM

Uh oh... Patchou... you're gonna have to make it MSN beta 7.0.0604 compatible... The build's been leaked, and it is positively evil. I tihnk you're gonna have to break out the espresso for this one.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ~INVASION~ on 02-13-2005 at 09:48 AM

its illegal so he doesnt have to update anything till it is legal :dodgy:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by cri-cri on 02-13-2005 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
you can turn of sounds and things in personal settings, and your english is fine

thx violet. i know that i can change that in personal setting but i have to change it in msn messenger and plus so that is very tiring for me :)
no i'm joking, msn messenger plus is already very good. thank you very much patchou.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mandorallen on 02-13-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
its illegal so he doesnt have to update anything till it is legal :dodgy:

Yes, you are right, anyway i have installed the new version of Msn Messenger and it works ok with the last version of Msg Plus!, so, it's ok
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Lou on 02-13-2005 at 03:15 PM

theres just been another beta....Id be cool if messenger plus! would be compatible with it......the things you type (/me, /brb) dont work on this new beta....as soon as you have one compatible patchou please tell us!! Cause for some reason I think most of us are already using the new beta!!!!lol

EDIT: I just realised you were talking about it....well since its Iligal right now, as soon as its legal then could I be told?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by _Humphreys on 02-13-2005 at 03:20 PM

Plus! won't be compatiable with it now till Msn 7.0 is fully released.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Plus! won't be compatiable with it now till Msn 7.0 is fully released.
In fact, Plus! won't be compitable with build .604 (and probally anything released later) until Messenger Plus! 3.50 is released to public.

Like Patchou said in another topic, there won't be any new public releases until 3.50 is ready for public. So if Microsoft decides to release the new MSN7 builds to public next week (unlikely) you still will have to wait until Plus! is ready. Patchou aims for half March, but it could also be begin April.. everything depends on what kind of bugs beta testers find and what Microsoft does with new MSN7 builds.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Pipish on 02-14-2005 at 04:31 AM

:) great patchou (Y) cant wait for this

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Joel4119 on 02-14-2005 at 05:24 AM

The new version will be awesome. Can't wait for this to be released. Great job Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by pasheeni on 02-14-2005 at 05:28 AM

the new messenger plus sounds really good ...looking fwd to it

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Ksg on 02-14-2005 at 03:03 PM

Sounds gr8, cant wait till its released

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by b0ib0i on 02-14-2005 at 04:27 PM

can't wait to try it and i love the feature ^^ good job

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by t1a0s on 02-14-2005 at 06:49 PM

cant wait for it :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Joel4119 on 02-15-2005 at 04:47 AM

I don't know if Patchou cares about this, but I posted some ideas for the new Messenger Plus! at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38428 :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by haydos on 02-15-2005 at 11:41 AM

yep great job patchou, cant wait for the new version (y) (h5)(h5)(h5)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Ponty on 02-15-2005 at 11:47 AM

Any chance of an extension to the floating buddies ?

I'd like them to indicate if there's a unread message received from each buddy, e.g. with a letter in the hand of the buddy icon.

Is it comming, is it ? :P

Reason: I often run a fullscreen application and can't see the flashing icons in the startline, but my floating buddies are 'on top' of the fullscreen app. Therefore it would be so very nice if they could show this (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-15-2005 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ponty
Post your suggestion in the suggestion topic which Joel mentioned. Patchou doesn't accept new suggestions for 3.50 anymore. But you can always make suggestions, i guess Patchou won't work on any new suggestion before April.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NeoRevan on 02-15-2005 at 08:39 PM

Dunno if anyone noticed, but in http://files.msgplus.net/images/news/sounds-5.jpg the text reads "Cliclk on 'Add New Sounds' to build you own, personalised library" when everyone knows it should be "your own"
:p

This r cool $hi7, I'll be checking back:)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-15-2005 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeoRevan
"Cliclk on 'Add New Sounds' to build you own, personalised library" when everyone knows it should be "your own"
Oh, that is so obvious, yet no beta tester seems to have noticed yet (including me :)) because it hasn't been fixed yet. Reported it now.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-15-2005 at 11:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by NeoRevan
"Cliclk on 'Add New Sounds' to build you own, personalised library" when everyone knows it should be "your own"
Oh, that is so obvious, yet no beta tester seems to have noticed yet (including me :)) because it hasn't been fixed yet. Reported it now.
Same here :shocked:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Sineri on 02-16-2005 at 02:31 AM

MSN Plus is the best. :) ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sineri
MSN Plus is the best.
No, Messenger Plus! is way better :).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ~INVASION~ on 02-16-2005 at 02:38 AM

:lol: i knew someone would say that :lol:

Its like the new guy innitiation almost :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Sineri on 02-16-2005 at 03:11 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sineri
MSN Plus is the best.
No, Messenger Plus! is way better :).

Yes, You right. ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Death.Knight on 02-16-2005 at 04:55 AM

Hi every one 
I am a new member of the forum, I write from the italia!  :P
I use for a long time msgplus and after having read the post I am curious and impatient to see the version 3.50!  :plus:
But does Someone know the date of release of Msn 7?  8-)
Bye... Death. 
P.S 
Compliments for your job patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 10:41 AM

The final MSN7 release is delayed until begin April according to mess.be. But nobody has exact dates or can even tell if begin April is right, all we have is rumors.

If you can't wait until the final release: Download the public MSN7 BETA. And get Messenger Plus! 3.40 BETA which is compatible with this version.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by yurigoytacaz on 02-16-2005 at 02:23 PM

i just want to know if msg plus 3.50 will be 100% compatible with new beta msn? (build 7.0.0604)

thanks anyway

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 02:36 PM

Yes, it will.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Death.Knight on 02-16-2005 at 03:03 PM

quote:
The final MSN7 release is delayed until begin April according to mess.be. But nobody has exact dates or can even tell if begin April is right, all we have is rumors.

If you can't wait until the final release: Download the public MSN7 BETA. And get Messenger Plus! 3.40 BETA which is compatible with this version.

I already have the beta version of msn 7 and of msg plus 3.40 wanted only to know more something, thanks for answered! 
last thing. is it possible to become beta tester?  = ^ ___ ^ = 

Thanks, and excused me for my very bad English!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 03:33 PM

There aren't any new betatesters needed at this moment, so no. Messenger Plus! 3.50 has about 60 testers :). When Patchou starts making a new version after 3.50 he might ask for new testers again, but this will be at least some months from now.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Deansweb2004 on 02-16-2005 at 03:35 PM

WOW... 60 Beta Testers, I didnt know their was that many

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Death.Knight on 02-16-2005 at 03:45 PM

quote:
There aren't any new betatesters needed at this moment, so no. Messenger Plus! 3.50 has about 60 testers :). When Patchou starts making a new version after 3.50 he might ask for new testers again, but this will be at least some months from now.

woooow 60 testers :|.. I do ahead well at the most me to become one of the future testers for the new versions of msgplus. ^ ____ ^   

thanks Menthix
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Lou on 02-17-2005 at 12:46 AM

I believe I have already posted here but GREAT job Patch and keep up the good work. and I also (if ever needed) wouldnt mind to be a beta tester...sure my name is still Junior member but I used to come on this forum often....past 2 and a half years...longer than Ive been member...I would just read the news. So I know how this works and if ever you need a beta tester I wouldnt mind but then again I dont care if Im not. Have a good day/night/evening/death. Bye Bye.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by HoRnEyDvL on 02-17-2005 at 03:44 AM

was on the beta list got a few betas did some submissions etc on bugs i found then for some reason stopped getting them patchou mind checking up i was on the list under this name.

And what has happened to my post count

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-17-2005 at 04:13 AM

While your questions are a bit offtopic...

quote:
Originally posted by HoRnEyDvL
was on the beta list got a few betas did some submissions etc on bugs i found then for some reason stopped getting them patchou mind checking up i was on the list under this name.
Was this for 3.50? If that's not the case, I don't think the list is 100% conserved from version to version at all, so if you were a tester for a previous version of Plus that doesn't mean you will continue to be a tester. Nothing evil or personal there, it's just that usually testers list are re-done from scratch for each new significant release.

quote:
And what has happened to my post count
If you haven't posted in a long long time, then your posts might have been pruned together with lots of other years-old posts. Only important threads are kept, such as those in Announcements and News, but very old support threads tend to be deleted for the sake of the forum's server health :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by giken on 02-17-2005 at 11:24 AM

mmm... imho 60 beta testers are not so many if you consider how many users download and install msgplus every day...
They are not proportional, too less beta testers ;)

P.S.
Ciao Death, benvenuto nel forum :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Paulzy on 02-18-2005 at 08:46 PM

i absolutly love Messenger plus!!!  ever since i got onto mess.be one day, this has been m favorite program.  AIM cannot match up with this.  MSN has always been good, but Messenger plus makes it GREAT because you can personalize everything!!!

Great job guys..keep them coming (Y)

Jeff

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ayjay on 02-19-2005 at 08:52 AM

Just a quick suggestion. Can guest posting be enabled in here because it seems a lot of users are signing up simply to do 1 post here. :happy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by bast on 02-19-2005 at 10:52 AM

I need it! New MSN 7 build breaking commands!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Edna Mode on 02-19-2005 at 11:13 AM

*sigh* another one, that build is illegal ok, you shouldnt have it

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by [Tin_Man] on 02-19-2005 at 01:07 PM

Hey,

I have a litlle suggestion and in my opinion a really easy one to do. And this will be used lots of times, so please include it in 3.50.
Please check http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38641 for more details ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Anubis on 02-19-2005 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [Tin_Man
]
I have a litlle suggestion and in my opinion a really easy one to do. And this will be used lots of times, so please include it in 3.50.

Patchou said that he doesn't want new suggestions and features for 3.50 because it is so close to the release...atm, it's just ironing out bugs and problems, and improving the current features so they are more reliable. After 3.50 is released, feel free to come back and tell us, when Patchou will be looking for more stuff to add...
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by daejung on 02-19-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:

I feel Microsoft has no "income" problem. I guess there is some kind of "agreement" between Microsoft and Patchou!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Anubis on 02-19-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:

I feel Microsoft has no "income" problem. I guess there is some kind of "agreement" between Microsoft and Patchou!
I doubt it, MS wouldn't pay to get rid of this feature, if they wanted it out they would just ask and out of the spirit of cooperation it would be most likely done. But Patchou just decided to get rid of it because he didn't want it anymore; MS needs to get more money so that it isn't constantly draining all of the old money to pay staff and bills. If Patchou had an agreement with MS, why would he keep it private?
He has many other ways of getting money.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by xb14 on 02-21-2005 at 02:50 PM

wow, very nice man, that sound feature is really good =p

keep up the good work (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by pukkie on 02-22-2005 at 12:28 AM

Hi,
Great keep up the good work,

Do you know the release date ?????

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-22-2005 at 01:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pukkie
Do you know the release date ?????
As said in this very thread,
quote:
I hope you will all feel the same when this version will be finally released in March
There is no specific release date, but it will most most most most most most most most most likely be in March.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Ponty on 02-23-2005 at 11:01 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ponty
Post your suggestion in the suggestion topic which Joel mentioned. Patchou doesn't accept new suggestions for 3.50 anymore. But you can always make suggestions, i guess Patchou won't work on any new suggestion before April.

Actually it was ment as a question:
Is this feature in the upcomming 3.50?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by adam.yao on 02-24-2005 at 01:59 AM

Yeah , Great job!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 02-25-2005 at 09:46 PM

there is msgplus 3.50.121 Private Beta right?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 02-25-2005 at 11:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TristanTJ
there is msgplus 3.50.121 Private Beta right?
What difference does it make? Plus is being tested, Patchou is solving bugs. That's about it :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 02-26-2005 at 08:31 AM

i'm searching over the internet and i saw screens of official beta testers and it works on msn messenger 7.0.0604 :D but i don't have it :'( i really want to beta test it but i was to late :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by John Anderton on 02-26-2005 at 11:12 AM

quote:
i really want to beta test it but i was to late

So was I. Some one said that the beta testers selected thru that thread were temp ones and in the next version if Patchou needs them then there will be another thread. Dunno if thats true but if so then ....
Also are u sure u fulfill the conditions he mentioned cause testing aint for fun but u seriously need to work, find bugs and report em.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by J.J on 02-26-2005 at 11:17 AM

quote:
beta testers selected thru that thread were temp ones

Nope they were made permanent i think, correct me if im wrong...

quote:
Also are u sure u fulfill the conditions he mentioned

Patchou was only selecting people who he knew on the forums...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by John Anderton on 02-26-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension

Thats why i asked cause he said some thing like 'i know it may sound stupid but i need to know u cause its a matter of trust' or something (Its not a quote :dodgy:)

quote:
There was a thread the next day then i found out bout the new testers application thingy. So i said that i didnt know then i think tochjo or someother mod said what i had said.
* John Anderton searches ^o)
Guess they should be testers too cause they are good. Most posting freaks (The title :dodgy:) are testers now. The guyz who are, know a lot and they do deserve to be testers. The title doesnt matter but what matters is how much u know.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 02-26-2005 at 12:04 PM

quote:
quote:

Thats why i asked cause he said some thing like 'i know it may sound stupid but i need to know u cause its a matter of trust' or something (Its not a quote :dodgy:)

quote:
There was a thread the next day then i found out bout the new testers application thingy. So i said that i didnt know then i think tochjo or someother mod said what i had said.
* John Anderton searches ^o)

Guess they should be testers too cause they are good. Most posting freaks (The title :dodgy:) are testers now. The guyz who are, know a lot and they do deserve to be testers. The title doesnt matter but what matters is how much u know.

exectly;) why patchou don't make it public??? for peepz who want to test it ????
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 02-26-2005 at 12:16 PM

quote:
exectly why patchou don't make it public??? for peepz who want to test it ????
because its a beta?
Just stop with that "I want the Plus! 3.50 beta" crap. You have asked Omar for it, aksed in the shoutbox and many threads. Just stop with it.
It will be released when its done, and then, NOT SOONER, will you get it
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 02-26-2005 at 06:37 PM

:( ok i wait.....

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by jren207 on 02-27-2005 at 02:02 AM

It's for your own good, because that version of plus! may be unstable... not because plus! is known to be unstable, but because it's like the first running of it. Beta testers who test it know the consequnces of what could happen like in extreme case, loss of data etc. So if you're running it, it could crash etc. and you could loose stuff. It's best to wait for a final version, because it should be bug free. The beta testers will be prepared for bugs... ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by SikStyles on 02-27-2005 at 04:38 AM

i cant be arsed to go thru all those pages to look when will it come out so im askin when's it coming out?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by bobsta on 02-28-2005 at 11:23 AM

It would be nice to see some stats info about your other contacts.. ie  like uptime, status info... would be a great feature..:P(H)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 02-28-2005 at 11:32 AM

to late for that, maybe in MsgPlus4 or somehting

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-01-2005 at 07:04 PM

Hello

Anyone knows if there will be a new beta release for MSN 7.0.0604 before releasing 3.50?
Thank you in advance.

OSO_ROBBIE.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by L. Coyote on 03-01-2005 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by OSO_ROBBIE
MSN 7.0.0604
Since that version of MSN Messenger is illegal to have, even for official beta testers, Patchou will not release an update for it.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-01-2005 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Hello

Anyone knows if there will be a new beta release for MSN 7.0.0604 before releasing 3.50?
Thank you in advance.

OSO_ROBBIE.
Most likely not

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by SlyDawg on 03-01-2005 at 09:43 PM

Hey is there an offical release date for this or..it is just March?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-01-2005 at 09:52 PM

Today is Tuesday 1st MARCH Of 2005

Where Is Messenger Plus! 3.50??????????????'

:'(:'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Tochjo on 03-01-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EmoZok
Today is Tuesday 1st MARCH Of 2005

Where Is Messenger Plus! 3.50??????????????'
No release date for Messenger Plus! 3.50 was set. There was no mentioning of this version being released today, what was said was 'somewhere in March'.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-01-2005 at 10:00 PM

what evil

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-01-2005 at 10:24 PM

quote:
what evil
Huh?

It was clear that it was during March, not "AS-SOON-AS-MARCH-STARTS". Otherwise you'd think we'd advertise it for February 28th :rolleyes:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-01-2005 at 10:38 PM

ok ;)

Thanks

AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Patchou one Updated????????????

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Roy-chan on 03-02-2005 at 01:25 AM

uwah!!! the new version is brill. =3 fits and works properly with MSN 7

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by GrymmWolf on 03-02-2005 at 07:33 AM

MsgPlus! v3.40.112beta works with M7build 604

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Sauer on 03-02-2005 at 10:39 AM

All the links aren't working... images/MSN Plus! BETA download etc... I may have missed a news post or something... but what's going on?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-02-2005 at 07:39 PM

Sauer: I have no idea what are you talking about.

GrymmWolf: MsgPlus! does not work with MSN 7.0.0604. Try to set a personalized status message and see what happens. Besides, if MsgPlus! works with the new MSN beta, why's everyone asking for a new MsgPlus!?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by tivgnos on 03-03-2005 at 06:04 AM

I'm try to install Msn 7.0.0604 and Msn Plus! It can not be install but if I install msn 5.1 and install msn plus 3.40.112 and follow install msn 7.0.0604. and patch with messpatch It's works.

however, i will be wait new msn plus!.... cuz' i don't want msn many version in my pc.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 03-03-2005 at 05:20 PM

i hope it will be released on 9 march ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mattm591 on 03-03-2005 at 06:05 PM

I hope tomorrow! I can't get the latest build working with Plus! public BETA so sooner the better :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-03-2005 at 09:17 PM

where is a mess patch? tivgnos

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Joa on 03-03-2005 at 11:46 PM

quote:
where is a mess patch? tivgnos

you can find it on this website :)
http://www.mess.be/
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Chestah on 03-04-2005 at 06:25 AM

just wait guys! its extremely close to release now and looking great :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 06:26 AM

*pants for the release*

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user44571 on 03-04-2005 at 06:28 AM

i cant wait, its probably going to be even more popular after this release

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 07:15 AM

should be, features are neat , just like a brazilian wax  :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Chestah on 03-04-2005 at 07:20 AM

its going to be x4 as popular :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 07:21 AM

hahahahhaha

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by J.J on 03-04-2005 at 07:29 AM

I'm gonna have heaps of fun playing around with sounds... I'll take insulting quotes from american idol and play them to people that piss me off :lol: oh i can't wait

/evillaugh

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ~INVASION~ on 03-04-2005 at 07:36 AM

/sevillaugh :dodgy: :P
the sounds are super kool and will for surely make it a bagillion times better, not 4x :P(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by spokes on 03-04-2005 at 07:44 AM

i can't wait, :rofl: it's funny watchin all the noobs askin for it, and all of them hav 0604 build, lol

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by _Humphreys on 03-04-2005 at 08:09 AM

quote:
i can't wait,  it's funny watchin all the noobs askin for it, and all of them hav 0604 build, lol

It'll be compatiable with that when it's released. Msn 7.0 will probably be released when 3.50 comes out.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Lou on 03-04-2005 at 04:57 PM

Plz...as soon as its out plz post it on www.msgplus.net and on the forums cause Ill be waiting:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-05-2005 at 10:11 PM

hi there.

i was reading through mess.be today and saw a few more screenshots of messenger plus 3.50. one of these screenshots was animated and showed a configuration wizard so you had various setings on 1 screen then you clicked next and then configured those settings and so on well atleast thats what it looked like is that correct?

curently the newest beta out now is 7.0.0632 which i only just found today although i read about it yesterday. i now have the latest version of stuffplug. i am waiting for mess patch for 7.0.0632 to come out as i currently haven't seen it available yet. messenger plus 3.40.112 beta doesn't support messenger 7.0.0604 or above yet so i am desperately waiting for 3.50 so i can have plus back in my life.

the new features sound great i can't wait to use them. my birthday is on 23rd of march it would be nice if 3.50 was ready to use by then but hey don't go rushing now patchou after all one can't rush perfection now can they?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by eltipito on 03-06-2005 at 06:51 PM

Yeah.......WHEN???.....Today 6th MARCH!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-06-2005 at 08:15 PM

New StuffPlug :D:D:D Compatible with MSN Messenger 7.0.0632 :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Da Dude on 03-07-2005 at 01:43 AM

Is there any ETA known yet for the new PLUS!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-07-2005 at 01:53 AM

if ya had of read, Patchou said 15th if all goes according to plan :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 07:47 AM

where did he say that? i skipped about 6 pages trying to catch up on this thread but on this page of posts hes still saying he don't know when it will be released only that it will be in march.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 07:50 AM

he said it when he got back from holidays

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ~INVASION~ on 03-07-2005 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
if ya had of read, Patchou said 15th if all goes according to plan

what a great birthday present :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 08:11 AM

oh ok that's cool. well that's my week planned. lol. my dads buying the new plasma tv 42inch widescreen with surround sound on saturday 12th, on monday 14th the sky engineer is coming to install my upgrade to sky+ and on the 15th i get to start using messenger plus again yippie.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Chestah on 03-07-2005 at 08:19 AM

quote:

But the public beta of msgplus isn't compatible with that version hence SPNG won't work! when msgplus 3.5 is released it will be compatible :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 08:51 AM

yay that's certainly good to hear i got the new stuffplug installed all ready for the release of 3.50 so all i am waiting on now is messenger plus 3.50 and the 7.0.0632 compatable version of mess patch.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by HalfDead on 03-07-2005 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i am waiting for mess patch for 7.0.0632 to come out

See my post:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39696
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-07-2005 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:

But the public beta of msgplus isn't compatible with that version hence SPNG won't work! when msgplus 3.5 is released it will be compatible :)

Doesn't matter that MsgPlus! isn't not compatible with the new MSN BETA, StuffPlug-NG works anyway with 7.0.0632. I'm using it...
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-07-2005 at 09:16 AM

quote:
yay that's certainly good to hear i got the new stuffplug installed all ready for the release of 3.50 so all i am waiting on now is messenger plus 3.50 and the 7.0.0632 compatable version of mess patch.

Mess won't be releasing a patch because 7.0.0632 has a lot of bugs. But there's a great patch at http://a-patch.tk
Robbie.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HalfDead
quote:
i am waiting for mess patch for 7.0.0632 to come out

See my post:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39696

i clicked on that link and it says the thread doesn't exist could you maybe tell me how i can find it.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-07-2005 at 11:16 AM

quote:

Mess won't be releasing a patch because 7.0.0632 has a lot of bugs

what are those Bugs?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 02:08 PM

only bug i've found is the winks bug so far but that was mentioned

there is also a few problems with the .net service of late....

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mrmonty on 03-07-2005 at 02:29 PM

I have just installed the latest version of messenger 7.0.0632, however when I install plus 3.40 the try to run messenger I get an error and messenger quits.

Is there any way of installing it ?

Please help :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 02:41 PM

i had to completely uninstall msn messenger reinstall version 7.0.0425 then reinstall messenger plus then upgrade to version 7.0.0604 install the mess patch for 0604 then install 7.0.0632 now messenger plus 3.40.112 works fine and mess patch for 0604 is still applied so try that.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 03-07-2005 at 02:42 PM

yeah first install the old messenger and windows messenger if you removed it and than install the new messsenger and it works and go to stuffplug.com for the latest version of stuffplug=NG works with msn messenger 7.0.0632

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-07-2005 at 09:54 PM

quote:
i had to completely uninstall msn messenger reinstall version 7.0.0425 then reinstall messenger plus then upgrade to version 7.0.0604 install the mess patch for 0604 then install 7.0.0632 now messenger plus 3.40.112 works fine and mess patch for 0604 is still applied so try that.

When you say that MsgPlus! will work doing that, you mean even the auto-responder feature?

About the Mess Patch: If you install 7.0.0604, apply the Mess patch, then install 7.0.0632, is impossible for the Mess patch to continue working, because the new beta replaces the msnmsgr.exe file, so the patched .exe doesn't exist anymore.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-07-2005 at 10:09 PM

quote:
quote:

When you say that MsgPlus! will work doing that, you mean even the auto-responder feature?

About the Mess Patch: If you install 7.0.0604, apply the Mess patch, then install 7.0.0632, is impossible for the Mess patch to continue working, because the new beta replaces the msnmsgr.exe file, so the patched .exe doesn't exist anymore.

oh right i did try using the apatch that someone suggested but it said it couldnt apply the patch because it claimed messenger was still running even when the messenger process had been terminated from ctrl+alt+del thats why i just assumed mess patch was still in effect sorry for any confusion.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-07-2005 at 10:27 PM

I suggested the a-patch, it worked fine with my MSN. Besides it has a lot of... should I say patches? or features? that are pretty good. The only one left is the black line around the display picture, the a-patch doesn't take it off.
Anyway, does the auto-responder work in your MsgPlus! with 7.0.0632?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mwe99 on 03-07-2005 at 10:43 PM

yep not much to say other than i cant wait til its out :D so keep up the great work Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Fredzz on 03-07-2005 at 11:44 PM

damn i just read every page of this thread. would be wise to ask " when is 3.5 coming out?" :rofl: Just kidding.. lol. :dodgy: anyway good work.. custom sounds will be great.. im just worried about the servers.. 8-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-07-2005 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
im just worried about the servers..

im sure people will Host MsgPlus 3.50 so the main Mirrors dont flood, so dont worry :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-08-2005 at 03:28 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
im just worried about the servers..

im sure people will Host MsgPlus 3.50 so the main Mirrors dont flood, so dont worry :P
He was talking about the servers for the sounds -- which should be OK by the way.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Hank on 03-08-2005 at 04:11 AM

quote:
He was talking about the servers for the sounds -- which should be OK by the way.

i cant see any reason to be worried bout it though? , time will tell i guess
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mjb5406 on 03-08-2005 at 11:31 AM

I have to stick my 2 cents in (which, I think, based on the current exchange rate is about .013 Euro!)... why eliminate the "hide banner" option, even if it is just for Version 7 of MSN Messenger? If you look at the 3 major IM programs (MSN, AIM and Yahoo... I think ICQ has fallen out of widespead use here in the US), MSN and AIM (AOL) are the only 2 that have banners. On the AIM side, DeadAIM eliminates them. Yahoo has no banners, yet is probably the slickest chat client available (lots of nice features). I hope you're not saying that Microsoft needs the money from banner ads! To me, they're like popup ads. If they truly need the revenue (which I doubt), they should do with MSN Messenger what they did with Hotmail... offer a premium service for a fixed annual fee. For free, yes, have banners, limited features, etc. But until we HAVE the choice of paying to eliminate the banners, I would like someone like you to give us the choice. Please don't eliminate a feature just because you feel sorry for poor Microsoft (I wish *I* was so poor!). I guess, too, I have to ask, "Why just Version 7?" since earlier versions have banner ads as well.

Thank you for an outstanding free product.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-08-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mjb5406
I have to stick my 2 cents in (which, I think, based on the current exchange rate is about .013 Euro!)... why eliminate the "hide banner" option, even if it is just for Version 7 of MSN Messenger? If you look at the 3 major IM programs (MSN, AIM and Yahoo... I think ICQ has fallen out of widespead use here in the US), MSN and AIM (AOL) are the only 2 that have banners. On the AIM side, DeadAIM eliminates them. Yahoo has no banners, yet is probably the slickest chat client available (lots of nice features). I hope you're not saying that Microsoft needs the money from banner ads! To me, they're like popup ads. If they truly need the revenue (which I doubt), they should do with MSN Messenger what they did with Hotmail... offer a premium service for a fixed annual fee. For free, yes, have banners, limited features, etc. But until we HAVE the choice of paying to eliminate the banners, I would like someone like you to give us the choice. Please don't eliminate a feature just because you feel sorry for poor Microsoft (I wish *I* was so poor!). I guess, too, I have to ask, "Why just Version 7?" since earlier versions have banner ads as well.

Thank you for an outstanding free product.
Err... StuffPlugNG, a Plus! plugin,  will let you hide the ad in Messenger 7 -- don't worry.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-09-2005 at 03:45 AM

from what i gather is everything goes right, MSGplus 3.50 will be released on the 15th of march, is this right?, if not please tell me

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-09-2005 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
from what i gather is everything goes right, MSGplus 3.50 will be released on the 15th of march, is this right?, if not please tell me
NO

There is NO confirmed release date. That was just an estimation by Patchou... if everything goes fine, it could be released around that time. No guarantees, nothing confirmed, don't get your hopes up about that. Could be next week, could be in 2 weeks, nothing is set yet.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-09-2005 at 04:45 AM

PATCHOU, set a date!!! Please

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by thc2010 on 03-09-2005 at 04:53 AM

a diveloper only sets a date when he is iether done the final product and bieng tested by private beta testers, or its set because all the Diveloper has to do is Soften a few Edges. If you set a Date when ur 50% done your project, its guarantied that you wont make that mark.

Its hard for patchu to set a date since MSN keeps making beta and wont release finals.. hows he supost to keep up with these beta's that keep coming out?

So when MSN 7 Final is released (NOT BETA) then its a possible guarantee that Plus3.50 will be out within a day or two

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-09-2005 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
when he is iether done the final product and bieng tested by private beta testers
Errm... by definition, when a product is being beta tested -- the developer is not "done" at all -- that's the stage Plus is in currently, "advanced" beta testing.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-09-2005 at 05:30 AM

quote:
quote:
when he is iether done the final product and bieng tested by private beta testers
Errm... by definition, when a product is being beta tested -- the developer is not "done" at all -- that's the stage Plus is in currently, "advanced" beta testing.

lmao so basicly he's saying patchou should set a date

i think patchou should release a public beta, atleast untill MSN 7 FINAL comes out, cus at this rate, it could be months
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-09-2005 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Yes, and he's wrong. You can't set a date for a release when you are not sure you are going to make it on time.

No matter how hard you ask Patchou will give a date when he has a date, not before.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mwe99 on 03-09-2005 at 11:19 AM

yeah i agree, let him get on with it :), most people would rather have a full 'working' version, rather that one that's full of bugs and hardly works.... well i would anyway

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by thc2010 on 03-09-2005 at 01:00 PM

I woundt mind a Video Preview of MSN Plus 3.50 with all its fetures though.. even an interactive Flash of 3.50 with all its planed fetures Would be good

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-09-2005 at 01:21 PM

quote:
I woundt mind a Video Preview of MSN Plus 3.50 with all its fetures though.. even an interactive Flash of 3.50 with all its planed fetures Would be good

i agree id like that too.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Screeny on 03-09-2005 at 01:47 PM

quote:

Patchou said he will release MsgPlus! 3.50 in about 2 Weeks or so. So just wait :)

Edit: *Click Me* :P On Page 2, the last Posting.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-09-2005 at 05:46 PM

quote:

i think patchou should release a public beta, atleast untill MSN 7 FINAL comes out, cus at this rate, it could be months

I agree, he should release a public beta. I hate using MSN without MsgPlus! Without the auto-responder.

And I agree too with the idea of a video or flash preview for 3.50.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-09-2005 at 05:50 PM

quote:
I agree, he should release a public beta.
No he should not and no he will not. The final is out very soon.

Live with it!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-09-2005 at 06:08 PM

You remind me of a dictator.
I would like to know why "he should not"?
And why "he will not", are you pointing a gun at his head or something like that?

There are ways and ways to say things. You should explore them.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-09-2005 at 06:24 PM

quote:
And why "he will not", are you pointing a gun at his head or something like that?
Nope, he has said several times that he won't release another beta before the final of Msgplus 3.50, that's why.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-09-2005 at 07:00 PM

Yes, I've read that. But I'm tired of using MSN without MsgPlus! It's just a thought, a wish.

Anyway I was talking about the way A. Madsen said it.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-09-2005 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Yes, I've read that. But I'm tired of using MSN without MsgPlus! It's just a thought, a wish.

Heh yeah I know, no worries :)

Just be patient, it will be here soon and this testing period is for the better, no doubt :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 03-09-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Quick Quote
quote:

Just use the other beta then, its still really good, regardless of how much better this beta is, its still compatible with msn 7.0x in most ways...

Come on, two weeks isn't that long.
quote:
You remind me of a dictator.
I would like to know why "he should not"?

There are ways and ways to say things. You should explore them.

He shouldn't release it, as it will still have many bugs, our job is to find those bugs before the official full release of msgplus 3.50 :p. Thats what we do, 3.40.x was released because of combatibilities with msn 7...

He will not, because he feels the same, and has expressed it many times before :).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-09-2005 at 07:13 PM

quote:
I'm just tired of people saying "We want it now" etc..
Its not my fault that you dont know the word patience.
Use Plus! 3.25 if you are using Messenger 6.2 or lower and use Plus! 3.40 beta if you use the public beta of Messenger 7, you can simply download a public version of MSN Messenger, and its not my fault that you dont.

So, where is the problem?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-09-2005 at 08:11 PM

as sopmeone said to me as long as you have windows messenger installed on your system aswell even the 0632 beta of messenger 7 will work with plus 3.40 beta so don't threat im ok now i got my plus working again.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Fredzz on 03-09-2005 at 11:00 PM

OMG i was goin to have an heart atack :rofl:

in the main index of all the thread categories i saw the last post on news:

Messenger Plus! 3.50 is o..

And i was like! OMG is oUT!!! :rofl:

:dodgy:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-10-2005 at 05:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:
I'm just tired of people saying "We want it now" etc..
Its not my fault that you dont know the word patience.
Use Plus! 3.25 if you are using Messenger 6.2 or lower and use Plus! 3.40 beta if you use the public beta of Messenger 7, you can simply download a public version of MSN Messenger, and its not my fault that you dont.

So, where is the problem?

A. we do know the word patience, we've used it for the LAST 2 MONTHS

B. the new beta version of MSN isn't compatable with msgPlus! 3.40 (not everyone has windows messenger)

And

C. you need to little up
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-10-2005 at 05:45 AM

quote:
B. the new beta version of MSN isn't compatable with msgPlus! 3.40 (not everyone has windows messenger)
You are not supposed to use the new beta unless you are a official beta tester. So i'm still right
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-10-2005 at 07:29 AM

quote:
quote:
You are not supposed to use the new beta unless you are a official beta tester. So i'm still right

ok maybe you do not all have windows messenger so here you go. Download Windows Messenger 5.1 Here i hope this helps.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Chestah on 03-10-2005 at 07:42 AM

geez, guys stop mass spamming this thread! the topic is msgplus 3.5 is on the way! not on msn betas etc, on topic :S, WDZ needs to do some pruning on this thread :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-10-2005 at 08:06 AM

nah chestah i think its ok mate the beta's are only getting mentioned cause some people are impatient and want 3.50 instantly is all.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by ooh44 on 03-10-2005 at 08:45 AM

Can't wait to test the MSGPLUS! 3.50 with that custom sound emotion. can't wait to play it with friends. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by TristanTJ on 03-11-2005 at 04:49 PM

hmm it's almost ready i think i mean i hope so :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by wbmm on 03-11-2005 at 05:44 PM

i cantttttt wait anymoreeeeeeee =/ please come to us plus3.50

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Fredzz on 03-11-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
quote:

i cant see any reason to be worried bout it though? , time will tell i guess

man.. plus is way too popular.. and it a feature like that.. wow..! i cant wait :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by EmoZok on 03-12-2005 at 06:03 AM

omfg...Omar the msgplus.keystorm.net it's the msgs plus! it's very released

en español

omfg...Omar de los foros de msgs plus hispano cerro este foro y dice que esta apunto de salir el messenger plus! 3.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user44571 on 03-12-2005 at 06:07 AM

what does that mean, i dont speak spanish

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-12-2005 at 06:50 AM

quote:

en español

omfg...Omar de los foros de msgs plus hispano cerro este foro y dice que esta apunto de salir el messenger plus! 3.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh...? Donde dice que está a punto de salir? He didn't say that it was "about to be released"... he said "no tarda", which means "won't be delayed much"... nothing new, nothing imminent.

He means, be patient... it's not that far away anyway...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-12-2005 at 07:11 AM

I want my auto-responder back NOWWWWW!!! haha :D
This is almost painful!!!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by croos42 on 03-12-2005 at 08:32 AM

quote:
quote:

en español

Huh...? Donde dice que está a punto de salir? He didn't say that it was "about to be released"... he said "no tarda", which means "won't be delayed much"... nothing new, nothing imminent.

He means, be patient... it's not that far away anyway...

according to I jejeje he says that it thinks that to omar closed  topic
because it thinks that already they are going it to do I public
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Guido on 03-12-2005 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by croos42
according to I jejeje he says that it thinks that to omar closed  topic
because it thinks that already they are going it to do I public
Yeah, I know what he said, Spanish is my first language... He misunderstood Omar in the Spanish forums, who said "beta testers were practically done". He understood "the release was practically done", or "is practically about to be released anytime".
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-12-2005 at 10:35 AM

oh i see

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by user27089 on 03-12-2005 at 10:36 AM

People, just wait, it will be out in time, couple of weeks maybe or something...

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Screeny on 03-12-2005 at 10:43 AM

quote:
People, just wait, it will be out in time, couple of weeks maybe or something...

Nope, couple of days...

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou on 03-05-2005 12:08 PM
I was originally planning to wait for the final release of Messenger 7 before I release my own update, however, things have changed. I'll release Messenger Plus! 3.50 in two weeks or less, I'm now pretty confidentthat the current softwarewill work with the final version (I was waiting for the new official MSN beta and it got released during my vacation so it's all good :)).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mattm591 on 03-12-2005 at 03:29 PM

Does anyone know when it will actually be released??? Couple of days or couple of weeks.. also, im sorry if this ahs already been asked but will personal statuses still add { } to your name or now will they be your personal msg??

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-12-2005 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattm591
Does anyone know when it will actually be released??? Couple of days or couple of weeks..
Around march 15
quote:
Originally posted by mattm591
also, im sorry if this ahs already been asked but will personal statuses still add { } to your name
Yes, it will still add {} because of backwards compality
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by mattm591 on 03-12-2005 at 03:46 PM

15th.. excellent :) and darn shame on the { } maybe Patchou will look at lettin both *-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by jvlppm on 03-12-2005 at 04:42 PM

Today (saturday, march 12, 2005) is a good day for msgplus 3.5

i think that would be good msgplus updating itself every week or bug fixed

not to wait for new release and keep the bugs for a long time

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by stuartbennett on 03-12-2005 at 05:06 PM

would be cool.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-12-2005 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jvlppm
think that would be good msgplus updating itself every week or bug fixed

There is an auto updater in Plus! which checks for a new version once a week.

If there is big bugs in Plus!, believe me then Patchou will release a new version. Just like when Plus! crashed windows, he released a new version ASAP.
So no worries :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Nino on 03-12-2005 at 05:18 PM

heya does anyoen know when this version is likely to be released? im missing plus now:(

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Screeny on 03-12-2005 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nino
heya does anyoen know when this version is likely to be released? im missing plus now:(

The only Guy who knows exactly when MsgPlus 3.50 is going to be released, is Patchou itself. :)

But it should be very soon from now.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by jvlppm on 03-12-2005 at 05:49 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jvlppm
think that would be good msgplus updating itself every week or bug fixed

There is an auto updater in Plus! which checks for a new version once a week.

If there is big bugs in Plus!, believe me then Patchou will release a new version. Just like when Plus! crashed windows, he released a new version ASAP.
So no worries :)

it cheks, but patchou dont release updates every weak, and the updater do not work sometimes

i'm talking bout new release every minor bug fixed, or new feature added
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-12-2005 at 06:43 PM

i know that there is no date yet, but when patchou does deside to release it, will he give warning or just release it right away

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by Screeny on 03-12-2005 at 06:45 PM

quote:
i know that there is no date yet, but when patchou does deside to release it, will he give warning or just release it right away

That's a good question :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-12-2005 at 06:47 PM

quote:
If everything goes according to plan, the new version will be finally released on Tuesday 15th...
Thats the closet ETA you will get for the new version, but you would already know that if looked 10 post above this one.

Quote from: Back from holidays
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-12-2005 at 06:57 PM

i mean if something should go wrong, because its only 3 days away and i haven't seen anything conferming that date release reseently

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by x2zen on 03-12-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
i mean if something should go wrong, because its only 3 days away and i haven't seen anything conferming that date release reseently
Ever heard of the word "Surprise"? :P
Only time will tell
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by OSO_ROBBIE on 03-12-2005 at 07:02 PM

Yeah, would be nice to know if the release is going to be on time or if it's going to be delayed.

NiteMare... your signature says "POSSABLE" instead of "POSSIBLE".

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 is on its way! by NiteMare on 03-12-2005 at 07:03 PM

thanks OSO_ROBBIE, i'll change that:)