Shoutbox

* Received File Sorting * - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: * Received File Sorting * (/showthread.php?tid=38186)

* Received File Sorting * by XM4ST3RX on 02-10-2005 at 02:38 PM

Hi,

Patchou, just a small request for 3.50 if you could.

I think ALOT of people would benefit from this feature as it will save alot of time and will tidy up Messenger.

dempseyint....@hotmail.com\  << directory within recieved files

and all files recieved from him, would go directly into his folder.

Dempsey was going to make a plugin to do this, but also thought it would be better being integrated into Messenger Plus!

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: * Received File Sorting * by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 02:46 PM

Its a pretty good idea, but I'm not sure if dempsey is still actually doing it, because I think Matty is making something the same, It would be a good thing to add to plus!...

also you could have stuff received by groups if you use groups?

RE: * Received File Sorting * by Dempsey on 02-10-2005 at 02:48 PM

I definatley think this would be a great feature as i currently have over 500 files in my recived files and i don't have a clue who half of them are fro anymore, also when i go to find something from someone it would be so much easier if I could just go into a folder with there email address and it have to look through the files they sent.

I started making this but as i got more into it it became a lot more complicated than i first thought it would be. 

As i was making it in VB it was a lot more complicated than it needed to be as i'm sure if it was coded in c++ then Messenger could be hooked or something so that the file transfers could be monitored and then the files moved.

EDIT

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think Matty is making something the same
Matty is working on a Recived files organiser, but it sorts by type of file, not the sender.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
also you could have stuff received by groups if you use groups?
I think that would be a great idea, otherwise you could end up hin hundreds of folders and it could still be just as hard to find something.  I was thinking of also saying like put these emails (say email@hotmail.com, email2@hotmail.com) into a folder called 'Cheese'  or soemthing like that
/EDIT

* Dempsey thinks he mumbled on a bit and thats one of his longest posts :p
RE: * Received File Sorting * by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 02:49 PM

If anybody is willing to make this then go for it, it would be great for messenger plus!... but if it was made a plugin quicker then it would be great :).

RE: * Received File Sorting * by Dempsey on 02-10-2005 at 02:55 PM

As i say i started making it and i got the filename decoding working eventaully and the packet sniffing working, but the bit that was casuing me problems was detcting when a transfer started and finished and then matching up the packets to piece together the encoded filename.

If any VB programmers would like to have a look to see if they could help with it let me know

RE: * Received File Sorting * by dj_dream on 02-10-2005 at 04:12 PM

Yeh i think it would be a excellent idea! would save alot of time looking for a file so yeh ive voted yes :)

RE: * Received File Sorting * by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 05:25 PM

Yes this is a great plug-in idea and I have been waiting for it being made for a while now. Last time I checked I heard that Matty was making this into a plug-in for msg plus but he might not be now. :(

RE: * Received File Sorting * by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Yes this is a great plug-in idea and I have been waiting for it being made for a while now. Last time I checked I heard that Matty was making it but he might no be now. :(

Dempsey clearly said earlier:

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Matty is working on a Recived files organiser, but it sorts by type of file, not the sender.

RE: * Received File Sorting * by _Humphreys on 02-10-2005 at 05:28 PM

Well I am glad he is still working on it. :D Thanks for pointing out my in-ability to read traxor.:P

RE: * Received File Sorting * by user27089 on 02-10-2005 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Well I am glad he is still working on it. :D Thanks for pointing out my in-ability to read traxor.:P

He isn't making something that will sort out who sent you what, he's making something that sorts out, say... pictures, music, or file types *.jpg's *.exe's *.pif's (the latest msn virus thing :cheesy:) etc...
RE: * Received File Sorting * by c0ld vengeance on 04-16-2006 at 07:45 PM

Did this very useful feature ever come to light?

RE: * Received File Sorting * by matty on 04-16-2006 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by c0ld vengeance
Did this very useful feature ever come to light?
Its not something that has been added into Plus! or done by a Plugin. We have to wait for Patchou to fix the scripting in Messenger Plus! Live for something like this to be available.

Also please dont bring up old threads. This was more then two months ago. If you wanted to know you could have made a new thread.
RE: RE: * Received File Sorting * by c0ld vengeance on 04-19-2006 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Also please dont bring up old threads. This was more then two months ago. If you wanted to know you could have made a new thread.

... you gotta be kidding, right?
RE: * Received File Sorting * by matty on 04-19-2006 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by c0ld vengeance
... you gotta be kidding, right?
Thats why I crossed it out. Forget what I said.
RE: * Received File Sorting * by Supersonicdarky on 04-19-2006 at 10:07 PM

msg discovery can sort recieved files into my music, my videos... but it wud be better if plus had it too

RE: * Received File Sorting * by ~*McoreD*~ on 04-21-2006 at 08:26 AM

I also think this can be a very great idea. If Plus! could archive the files in My Received Folder in a nice way so that we know where/when the files were received, then that would be a very useful feature.

My Received Files\200604\contacta@hotmail.com\
My Received Files\200603\contacta@hotmail.com\
My Received Files\200602\contacta@hotmail.com\

or

My Received Files\contacta@hotmail.com\200602\
My Received Files\contacta@hotmail.com\200603\
My Received Files\contacta@hotmail.com\200604\

Cheers,
McoreD