Shoutbox

Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=38208)

Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger by Galm on 02-10-2005 at 08:50 PM

I updated the Windows Messenger program (new version 4.7.0.2010) because of the recent security problem with Windows update (I also updated the MSN Messenger program), but since the update, Windows Messenger turns off all of the settings within the Stuff Plugin unlike MSN Messenger, and therefore I have to turn them on again inside MSN Messenger. Is it incompatible with that plugin?. And can I make Windows Messenger work again with it?, 'cause from time to time, I actually have to open up the windows Messenger and it sucks to have to change the settings again later, plus I want it working properly like before. If anyone has seen this problem to, please tell me about it.

RE: Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger by Plik on 02-10-2005 at 08:56 PM

Yeh stuff plug ng is incopatable with windows messenger and i think it has been for a while.

RE: Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger by TheBlasphemer on 02-10-2005 at 09:01 PM

StuffPlug-NG2 should allow you to choose not to disable those features, though....

RE: Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
StuffPlug-NG2 should allow you to choose not to disable those features, though....
Correct. I started up MSN 6.2 the other day and i do have some MSN 7 features enabled, it disabled em (the features not compatible with 6.2) and asked if i would like to disable em in the future (i guess the same goes when you start up windows messenger)...simply choose no and all will be enabled when you start MSN Messenger again  ;)

RE: Stuff Plugin and Windows Messenger by Galm on 02-10-2005 at 11:13 PM

Actually, it doesn't ask you (don't know the exact version of the plugin, but it's not the latest, 'cause I don't want to loose the notifier features that don't exist in the newest version), it tell's you that the features have been turned off in a series of messages (one per feature), and when you login inside MSN Messenger they are still off, so you have to enabled them again.