Shoutbox

a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! (/showthread.php?tid=38223)

a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 12:48 AM

it seems like i reached a limit of 300 while adding emoticons to msn messenger; has anyone been able to add more than 300 emoticons to msn 7.0.425??
this seemed possible in msn6.2 (i guess)

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by toddy on 02-11-2005 at 12:50 AM

why would u want to send over 300 emoticons :undecided:

* toddy goes to test

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 12:54 AM

i wanna "add", not "send"

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by Weyzza on 02-11-2005 at 01:08 AM

I don't care how many emoticons MSN Messenger can add.
Plus! can add unlimited number of emoticons :p

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 01:18 AM

hehe, funny! how can u add to plus more than what messenger itself can add :P

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by Weyzza on 02-11-2005 at 01:22 AM

Somewhere in your computer I think.

You can see the Custom Emoticons description in your Plus! preferences :)

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 01:25 AM

man (kid? ;)) try to understand: plus only shows u emoticons that u have in msn, but doesnt add any!

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by Weyzza on 02-11-2005 at 01:41 AM

* Weyzza thinks hard
[Image: attachment.php?pid=378772]
This is what I see in the panel.

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 02:38 AM

r u kiddin or talking seriously ?? if u really dont get it this far, hope sm1 else can explain this to u, cuz i got nthn more than wht i already said.... meanwhile if sm1 knows of such limit and why its only for msn7 plz share....

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by Tasha on 02-11-2005 at 02:27 PM

And I thought I had a lot of emoticons added? O.o

As far as I know, it is unlimited, maybe contact MSN and ask?

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by Plik on 02-11-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
* thekid thinks hard

[Image: attachment.php?pid=378772]
This is what I see in the panel.
That means theres no limit on the amount ou can add to the panels, Plus doesnt allow you to use extra emoticons
RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-11-2005 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TashaJ
And I thought I had a lot of emoticons added? O.o

As far as I know, it is unlimited, maybe contact MSN and ask?
u r talking this bearing in mind msn6.2, arent ya?!?!
thats what i find odd, that i dont remember anyone hitting a limit using msn6.2, but guess no one has actually tried it for msn7.0 because most batch emoticons adders hav adware... but as i said i kind off hit a limit, so wanna check if there is smthn wrong going on, or the limit is actually there!!
RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by haydos on 02-12-2005 at 03:50 PM

yer i had the same problem... i could only add like 235(i think) n then would allow no more, i still havt managed 2 find a way around this problem

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-12-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
i could only add like 235(i think)
r u sure that the number is close to this one, cuz i find it odd if the limit was there on purpose then it should not differ from one user to another, unless this limit is created by a bug in msn :S cuz the message didnt tell me u reached a limit but it said: "the file u selected is not a valid gif file. please choose another file." which is surely meaningless (there was nthn wrong with the gif) bcuz i couldnt add any emoticon even those i previously could. then i tried removing emoticons, and i could add emoticons back again without a problem until i reach that limit again, say i removed two, then i can add two and thats it, the message would appear back again. a personal guess, msn7 has a problem with "index.dat" (guess that the file that contains the info) containing more enteries than a certain limit......
RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by L. Coyote on 02-12-2005 at 10:52 PM

Yeah, me too. 235 (I didn't count them, just the emo packs I added), and after that I got the invalid file message.

Maybe they'll fix this in the next release. *-)

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by zaidgs on 02-14-2005 at 10:18 PM

yes, hope this was just a bug, not a limitation

RE: a limit on the number of emoticons u can add?! by haydos on 02-15-2005 at 08:04 AM

Yeah i hope that this is changed because i sometimes use fonts where each letter is a custom emoticon so that takes up a lot of the 235 (counted and checked the number this time)