Shoutbox

Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? (/showthread.php?tid=38245)

Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by slave0 on 02-11-2005 at 02:18 PM

As above.

currently, when u use the personalised status option, when u activate it, it uses {MyStatusTag}.

is there any way i can change it to [MyStatusTag] or (MyStatusTag), etc?

or even remove those tags? :P

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 02:22 PM

I don't think there is a way i'm afraid, its the default and recognised personlised status used for plus, I think being able to change it wouldn't be a problem... but theres just not a feature...

would be a good feature of plus! though, I'm sure that the choice of them would be entirely limited.

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by Vilkku on 02-11-2005 at 02:24 PM

Well, I belive that Plus! uses { } because people don't normally put them in their screenname while it's quite common that people use [ ] and ( ) in their names, and if they did it would be screwed up I think...

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by slave0 on 02-11-2005 at 02:30 PM

the reason why i asked is becoz the name i'm using is this:

The Cat-God...

so, let's say i set a status called Meals, with the status tag of "...is eating!"

i want to display it like so:

The Cat-God......is eating!

:P

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by Tasha on 02-11-2005 at 02:40 PM

I don't think there is anyway, coz as Vilkku said, it would screw up.

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by slave0 on 02-11-2005 at 02:46 PM

guess i'll have to settle with the default one.

thanks for the replies!

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by user27089 on 02-11-2005 at 04:01 PM

If both of you are using messenger plus, then in the contact list, it will view as brackets anyway...

RE: Personalised Status Tag: Can use [] instead of {}? by L. Coyote on 02-11-2005 at 07:41 PM

In the Plus! preferences, you can set a new Quick Text (in Message Helpers):

Call it: /status
Put: /nick The Cat-God.... (!P)

Then in a conversation window you can type: /status is eating!

Your name will be: The Cat-God... is eating!

Sure, it won't be the same, but it's something. :) And you can add your font format too.