Shoutbox

StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? (/showthread.php?tid=38253)

StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-11-2005 at 04:37 PM

Oki, you guys got me confused,
Somehow people 60% of SPNG installs are 0.7 installs, while 2.0 are only 40% :S
What did I do wrong with the launch?
[Image: stats.png]

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Ash_ on 02-11-2005 at 04:40 PM

i think people like the more annoying features, like CE/DP stealer.

maybe add a nudge timer remover.

but seriosuly, it's a good plugin. and some other dude sort of released it before you or something didnt he, 30 seconds before you?

ahwell, im using the latest [Image: attachment.php?pid=377363]

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by jameslives on 02-11-2005 at 04:40 PM

i think the 0.7 has more features (probably wrong) and some ppl dont know much about stuffplug so they will download 0.7

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Plik on 02-11-2005 at 04:43 PM

Theres lots of people who dont realise that the open convo notfier doesnt work properly and insist on using the old one thinking it works.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by _Humphreys on 02-11-2005 at 04:45 PM

Maybe as lots of people like Msn 6.2 and would like to stick with 0.7.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Sunshine on 02-11-2005 at 05:19 PM

It could be all those ppl who do not put the selector right when getting the validation key (if you get these figures from validation key generator) ;)
Maybe you oughta put it to the 2 version by default, as this is the newest download on your site.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Joa on 02-11-2005 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
It could be all those ppl who do not put the selector right when getting the validation key (if you get these figures from validation key generator) ;)
Maybe you oughta put it to the 2 version by default, as this is the newest download on your site.

.... :( i was one of them.... :$ .. *-) ... :$

anyway... i think that StuffPlug NG 2.0 is better than 0.7 ... :) ... and i use it with msn 6.2

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
Theres lots of people who dont realise that the open convo notfier doesnt work properly and insist on using the old one thinking it works.

.... if u want a open convo notifier get wouter's openconvo plugin (just make sure to install it before u install stuffplug) ... :D ..  (look at the thread with openconvo solution for help if u have problems with it..)
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Menthix on 02-11-2005 at 06:47 PM

0.7 is probally hosted on many sites by now, people download that and install it.

Give it some time before news spreads. Maybe you should do something about it, contact a few major sites about 2.0 being final? Replace the 0.7 installer on your servers with the 2.0 installer and just rename 0.7 to something else if you still want to keep it.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Yousef on 02-11-2005 at 07:10 PM

I put a news post at my site for SPNG 2, must have helped a bit ;)
Anyway, I think MenthiX is right, just give it some time.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by L. Coyote on 02-11-2005 at 07:11 PM

You could add a notice in the 0.7.x installer: "StuffPlug-NG 0.7.x won't work on MSN Messenger 7".

I really like the new version. You also must understand that many people don't want to use or even know there's a BETA of MSN Messenger, so they download StuffPlug-NG for MSN Messenger 6.

Also, today is 11/02/2005 (dd/mm/YYYY) and you released this version a few days ago, most people still don't know there's a new version.

:) You did a good job, and people will like it when you re-add the CEDP Stealer again too. (Y)

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by HiraKoer on 02-11-2005 at 08:10 PM

stuffplug ng2 does not equal nor improvement to the previous one. 

I installed ng2, but in half an hour I replaced old

STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT

* commentary then, as it said to my friend:P

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Plik on 02-11-2005 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HiraKoer
STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT
And why is that :rolleyes:
RE: RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by bungleMX on 02-11-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

I was one of them too,

Im my case, I always wait a few days to install new version of any software, to see if everything is ok, and then I install it, the old version was to cool than maybe some users "like me"  are afraid to install the new one,,,...

About the fact about the msn7 is still beta, could be a reason too.

And for last I can't lost the oportunity to ask an old request I made before described above:

It is already possible to make a plugin to replace the avatar of a contact for one of your choice?

Like a picture in caller id in some mobiles?

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Joa on 02-11-2005 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
It is already possible to make a plugin to replace the avatar of a contact for one of your choice?

*-)

:o wow... i hope it is/and/or/maybe/will be soon.. i never even thought of such a  possibility :)
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-11-2005 at 09:33 PM

quote:

STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT

I suppose you can't explain to me why?
Saying why you hate it is a lot more helpful than "STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT " :S
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Mike on 02-11-2005 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:

STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT

I suppose you can't explain to me why?
Saying why you hate it is a lot more helpful than "STUFFPLUG NG2 STINKS OUT " :S
I guess because of the features that were removed...
Like the open window notifier, delete notifier and CE/DP stealer.

However, I have Stuff Plug Next Generation v2 for the first lost feature :D
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by riley on 02-11-2005 at 10:03 PM

yeah, it's about the "powerfull"  features like cedpstealer and window-openednotifier...  because when 2.0 came out, I really had to think about those points.. it made it hard to choose, because that we're the 2 most used features by me..

btw for the record I use 2.0 now :p

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by shadowdawg on 02-12-2005 at 01:10 AM

im not sure if u are aware of this, ure plugin, for messpatch, add additional display picture sizes , isnt compatible,  with the  patch for stuffplug 2 enable oversized display pics, are u aware of this, i dk, if i have both enabled it caused probs..

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Chestah on 02-12-2005 at 01:33 AM

i don't think many people know TB that the features that weren't included in SPNG2 are ones that don't work efficiently in msn messenger 7 anymore without recoding it. Even in the 0.7 beta they didn't work that great at all, but i guess some people like thinking they have these features when really they don't :P SPNG2 is alot better then 0.7 :) just wait people until TB releases SPNG2.1 :)

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Nitemistress on 02-12-2005 at 07:42 AM

I am one who is torn between the two though have been using 2.0 recently. The reason I like the other is because of the delete notifier when talking with my one friend. Due to a third party it's necessary for them to only re-add me at certain times and the delete notify feature made it easier for me to know if they were just rebooting or not able to talk anymore.  I also like the open convo part  coupled with the 'are you pondering what i'm pondering' wav I had it set with.  It would be nice to see these implemented again if at all possible. The program on the whole is very good and runs second only to Plus! itself on my list of favourites.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-12-2005 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitemistress
I am one who is torn between the two though have been using 2.0 recently. The reason I like the other is because of the delete notifier when talking with my one friend. Due to a third party it's necessary for them to only re-add me at certain times and the delete notify feature made it easier for me to know if they were just rebooting or not able to talk anymore.  I also like the open convo part  coupled with the 'are you pondering what i'm pondering' wav I had it set with.  It would be nice to see these implemented again if at all possible. The program on the whole is very good and runs second only to Plus! itself on my list of favourites.

The delete notifier can probably be made again,
but the window opened notifier got all screwed up by MSN7 :(
i'll see if I can re-do the delete notifier in v2.1
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by J.J on 02-12-2005 at 12:07 PM

We all understand that the window open notifier doesn't work anymore, but we still miss that feature...alot

The delete notifier was another thing that most people were dissappointed about.

The CE/DP stealer another thing...

Tabbed conversations another...

People know that you're going to add at least 2 of those last 3 features mentioned above into the next version, but right now everyones just bummed out because 4 of the features that people really liked weren't implemented into SPNG2

Like i said above, people know that you couldnt do anything about the window opened notifier, and the other 3 things were going to take time, but they're still kinda down about it, thats all :undecided:

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 12:30 PM

I guess they just loved all of the features that where left out of SPNG 2.0 which is understandable. Will tabs be put back in TB?

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by andrey on 02-12-2005 at 02:44 PM

hmm...yes, the window opened notifier was a good feature :p
As far as I understood, the problem is that msn messenger 7 retrieves the dp when they open your contact card, or in the final version, have the little dp in contactlist preview thingie enabled...

I think you could try to add it again, but then add a clear note that they may just be retrieving the dp and that it is highly unrelieable, and instead of saying that "the contact has opened a conversation window with you", change it to, "the contact may have opened a conversation window with you" or something like that. The name could be modified from "window opened notifier" to...[insert good name here].

Bah..I guess that's too much work and it's just too unrelieable....

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by humanreflect on 02-12-2005 at 03:55 PM

what if its just that more people are still using msn 6.2??

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by x2zen on 02-12-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by humanreflect
what if its just that more people are still using msn 6.2??
Stuffplug-NG 2 still works on 6.2, so thats not it
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
Stuffplug-NG 2 still works on 6.2, so thats not it

I believe there is a few crinkles that need to be sorted out for SPNG 2 to work perfectly on 6.2.
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by haydos on 02-12-2005 at 04:07 PM

Also i think a lot of ppl arent sure how well SP NG2 will run, like if there are no bugs. I would also like to see the CEDP stealer back that was really good

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by upsfeup on 02-13-2005 at 12:47 AM

Same here... using 6.2 I downloaded  StuffPlug 2.0 hoping to see more features! I was wrong.. there were less and some not working.

The CE/DP stealer was missing (as sometimes is useful) but the thing that made me go back were the problems about  the "Over-sized Display Pictures".. it just didn't work!

If Open window notifier doesn't work on msn 7 that doesn't mean it should be removed for 6.2...

SPNG is the best and only plugin I use! Keep the good work with the good features!

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-13-2005 at 12:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
Same here... using 6.2 I downloaded  StuffPlug 2.0 hoping to see more features! I was wrong.. there were less and some not working.

The CE/DP stealer was missing (as sometimes is useful) but the thing that made me go back were the problems about  the "Over-sized Display Pictures".. it just didn't work!

If Open window notifier doesn't work on msn 7 that doesn't mean it should be removed for 6.2...

SPNG is the best and only plugin I use! Keep the good work with the good features!

it does, even when your contacts are using msn7 it doesn't work anymore :(
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Screeny on 02-13-2005 at 02:22 AM

Only a little Note: The "Prefix messages with timestamps" feature doesn't work anymore (with the newest Build 604) :/

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 02:31 AM

TB is fixing that already... timestamps,biggerdps and custum search field are already fixed at this moment. Two other non-working features still need to be fixed.

I guess TB will release an update when he has everything fixed. In the meanwhile just use the public MSN7 beta, you shouldn't be using leaked beta's anyway.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by SoN!c on 02-13-2005 at 12:58 PM

Yeah... this version 2 is not very good... i have instaled it.. and removed it..

Because..
the open window notifier,
-delete notifier
-CE/DP stealer.
- and Tabbe Conversation

ARE DELETED!!!!

why why why ?????

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SoN!c

why why why ?????

because they don't work !!!!

tb is workin on ce/dp stealer so that should be back, and hes already posted that he will try work on delete notifier
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by SoN!c on 02-13-2005 at 02:32 PM

on my msn work  the CE/CP and the delet notifier..

juste the openconv. has a little bugg..

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by x2zen on 02-13-2005 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SoN!c
the openconv. has a little bugg
Its not a bug, its MSN Messenger 7.

When will people learn that: Open Convo notifier dont work, not now, not ever, because of MSN Messenger 7.
The CE/DP Stealer will be back, see www.stuffplug.com for screenshot. Tabbed Conversations will be back, and the new TabManager will be there. The Delete Notifier will maybe be there.

People, please learn that!
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Millenium_edition on 02-13-2005 at 04:01 PM

0.7 owns 2.0 anytime. why? you threw away a few features. the openconvo notifier wasn't reliable, so what? maybe you could have added a notice instead? :D

i think you shouldn't remove features when updating the version number. even if they're not reliable. just add explanation why, but still keep them added.

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
i think you shouldn't remove features when updating the version number. even if they're not reliable. just add explanation why, but still keep them added.

that is one of the stupid things i have seen posted !! he isn't going to leave in feature that don't work
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Millenium_edition on 02-13-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:

that is one of the stupid things i have seen posted !! he isn't going to leave in feature that don't work
it works. it's not reliable. there's a difference. people who know the msn protocol can distinguish the real and the fake window popups.
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 04:51 PM

quote:
it works. it's not reliable. there's a difference. people who know the msn protocol can distinguish the real and the fake window popups

so your tellin them that u can tell the difference between someone opening your window and someone gettin your dp (the way 7 does) and wot ever

hope to see your plugin soon then
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Millenium_edition on 02-13-2005 at 04:56 PM

quote:
quote:
it works. it's not reliable. there's a difference. people who know the msn protocol can distinguish the real and the fake window popups

so your tellin them that u can tell the difference between someone opening your window and someone gettin your dp (the way 7 does) and wot ever

i can tell it by common sense, not by data sent/received by the server >.<
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Jeronimo on 02-13-2005 at 04:58 PM

I understand why he took out the open window notifier. As more and more people switch to MSN 7, there will be more and more false reports, people asking why SP-NG said their contact had opened a conversation window when they didn't. While an open window notifier is nice, there is a great way to find when people open a window to you - they talk to you!

The CE/DP stealer is a missed feature. TB originally thought he wouldn't be able to include this feature, fortunately he has found a way to do it.

The new version goes beyond just adding/changing a few features. This version allows for various languages to be used, and also allows for the UI to be edited. This is a great foundation on which TB can add the new features, and I'm sure he's hard at work to make version 2.1 as superb as possible :)

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

so u can tell be common sence that someone clicks on your contact card (haven't used 7 much, but i guess that shows opened window with you. coz it shows your dp in the card)
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Millenium_edition on 02-13-2005 at 05:04 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so u can tell be common sence that someone clicks on your contact card (haven't used 7 much, but i guess that shows opened window with you. coz it shows your dp in the card)
the client opens a convo on sign in and/or dp change and then caches it  ¬¬
why don't you just believe me *-) ?
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-13-2005 at 06:07 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cause what you say is not true ?
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Millenium_edition on 02-13-2005 at 06:23 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what is true then, oh master?
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by TheBlasphemer on 02-13-2005 at 06:40 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what is true then, oh master?

That MSN7 may at random moments decide to open a connection to you,
and it looks exactly the same as a normal conversation...
RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by upsfeup on 02-14-2005 at 03:29 AM

quote:

it does, even when your contacts are using msn7 it doesn't work anymore :(

Ok! Let me see if I got this straigth.

SPNG showed the "Contact has oppenned the convesation window" when it tried to retrieve the DP. Typically (in 6.2) it only happened when the contact actually opened the window, so the information could be considered as reliable.
With MSN7, the program needs the DP for display at contact list (haven't downloaded it yet..) so it requests the DP even if the windows it not open! (as you say.. it can ask for DP at random times) and so the information could be wrong! (It may or may have not started a conversation).

Did I get this correct?

Well.. As msn7 is still beta and from my 80 contacts only 5 ou 6 use msn7, I cant still believe that when I see the pop-up most of times it reflects that a conversation was started.

Maybe when 7 goes public (late april I guess) the feature should desapear.. but for now.. it is still useful!

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by toddy on 02-14-2005 at 06:29 AM

tbh can't see why everyone is makin such a fuss about it not be included. after all it doesn't really matter if a contact opens a window with you, if they have opened one to talk with you then you will get the message they have send. and if they have just opened your windows just to look at your DP or use a plugin, then i don't see why are are that bothered

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by b_m_w on 02-14-2005 at 06:53 AM

I reinstalled the version 0.7 after installing 2.0... I wasn't able to increase the size of my display ...it remained the regular size... and i wasn't able to see who opened an msn convo wit me... other than that, I liked 2.0's multiple line msn nick n oo i keep getting an error whenever i turn on msn, it says the stuffng things couldn't be loaded properly n it lists all of em that didn't load n asks me if i wanna load em next time or not.... but its a cool prog tho good job on it guy (H)

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by The Napster on 02-14-2005 at 03:15 PM

I just updated, i didn't notice the new release. :$

BTW where did the tabbed convos go? I cant seem to find em...

Can't wait for the DP Stealer

Hope to see the next version soon (hopefully with some features from 0.7 :p )

RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by HoRnEyDvL on 02-17-2005 at 03:55 AM

i wanna see "Has opened a converstaion with you" re-added who cares if it doesnot work properly on msn 7 if u dont want that fature just dont enable it.

RE: RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by BeerBro on 02-17-2005 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster
I just updated, i didn't notice the new release. :$

BTW where did the tabbed convos go? I cant seem to find em...

Can't wait for the DP Stealer

Hope to see the next version soon (hopefully with some features from 0.7 :p )

yea.. the next version will have the DP stealer bak .. so its good :D
RE: RE: StuffPlug 0.7 still more popular than 2.0 :|? by Joel4119 on 02-17-2005 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HoRnEyDvL
i wanna see "Has opened a converstaion with you" re-added who cares if it doesnot work properly on msn 7 if u dont want that fature just dont enable it.

Download Wouter's plugin. It actually works. ;)