Shoutbox

You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... (/showthread.php?tid=38301)

You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by Weyzza on 02-12-2005 at 10:04 AM

Your wife tells you that you are, and you two kids;
Mario, and Sonic; agree with her.

Whenever something bad happens you reach for
the pause button.

You can microwave and eat a pizza pop using only
your feet.

You've spent so much time playing Tony Hawk Pro
Skater 4 -- you actually taught youself how to
skateboard.

You've worn out the buttons in the elevator of your
apartment.

The only joystick you play with anymore is
plugged in to your Xbox.

You've decided you won't go outside anymore due
to the 'tacky graphics, poor sound and low
playability.'

You've moved your PS2 into the bathroom -- just in
case you make it to the next level on Vice City.

Your hands are so gnarled from gripping the
controller, you can't even tie your shoes.

You ask your doctor how many lives you have left.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to
other friends who are addicted to video games.

Not true for the last one :p
RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by Theo on 02-12-2005 at 10:59 AM

you need to get laid........big time

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by user27089 on 02-12-2005 at 11:02 AM

lol, I'm not sure about some of them, I know once when I was drunk I tried to do something along the lines of a pause button lol... thats about it, nothing much else really :grin:.

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by Ash_ on 02-12-2005 at 11:02 AM

when the TV pauses for a second you start shouting "LAGGER!!!!"

^^ True story :P

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 03:55 PM

Yep they all aply to me except I don't have kids. :P

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by Jhrono on 02-12-2005 at 04:19 PM

this topic is on neowin :S....

anyway...when you think your window changes from brightness to darkness 'cause there's a blinking lamp out there :lol:

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by John Anderton on 02-12-2005 at 04:33 PM

Funny :lol:
The pause button, graphics outside and the doctor one r funny :)

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
You've spent so much time playing Tony Hawk Pro
Skater 4 -- you actually taught youself how to
skateboard.
Wonder if that is true ?? I'll need a skateboard to check it out
* John Anderton asks for a skateboard from tony hawk and the skarz members :D
Just kidding but dont think that i actully possible
RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 04:35 PM

It is possible, I mean you can learn skateboarding from tapes why not computer/video games?

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by Jhrono on 02-12-2005 at 04:39 PM

It's tottaly imposible...i play lots of thps and thug and i dont skate has in the game FOR SURE:p

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 04:41 PM

If you take notes and pay attention and look at the game in great detail I am sure you could learn how to skate. :^)

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by haydos on 02-12-2005 at 04:47 PM

yes..... and you can grind the powerlines like the game as well...

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by irish_king on 02-12-2005 at 04:48 PM

you know your a computer geek, when...........you start threads like this :P

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by haydos on 02-12-2005 at 04:55 PM

says irish_king, who types his response at an astounding 125 words per minute :P

RE: RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by irish_king on 02-12-2005 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
says irish_king, who types his response at an astounding 125 words per minute :P

what the hell does that mean?
RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by haydos on 02-12-2005 at 05:14 PM

it means only a coputer nerd can type that fast

im only kiddin mate

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by st0rm on 02-12-2005 at 09:07 PM

my brother taught himself to skateboard from playing tony hawk, tried teaching me, but i learnt how to stack =/

RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
my brother taught himself to skateboard from playing tony hawk, tried teaching me, but i learnt how to stack =/

See...proof it is possible. :P

Funky sig str0m. :P
RE: You Know You're Addicted to Video Games When... by FrozernFire on 02-13-2005 at 03:52 AM

you see someone doing very well in life, like always getting top marks, getting the best girls, etc. etc., you report him to the police for "hacking" :grin: