Shoutbox

Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 (/showthread.php?tid=38341)

Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 by alebowgm on 02-12-2005 at 10:35 PM

I have a concept here. I know Screenshot Sender has Webcam Capture but it doesn't work in MSN7 (at least for me). What I was thinking was to have a way where you could Capture Screenshots from a Webcam but on a Batch Timer, so every 'x' seconds (say 3) there will be a new shot taken from the webcam. This could allow animated GIFs to be made or just saved JPGs to be stored. It would be even cooler if someone (as I lack the knowledge to do so), found a way to capture in WMV or AVI the Webcam Stream and allow us to save it...

Just a thought...

RE: Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 10:36 PM

I am sure it is possible to capture webcam in a vid file. I'll doubt any one will make such a plugin though. :(

RE: Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-13-2005 at 12:55 AM

This have been suggested several times before and a big thread/diskussion about this have been made in this forum... lots of thought about privacy issues, and lots of other stuff.. and also since this is already possible using other external programs... I think that this will properly never be done.. at least not on this board... There were many supporters of this idea, but at least if not more that didn't like the idea, and it looked like the biggest programmers on this forum were against it... so, i'm sorry to tell you, but it looks like this kind of plugin is properly never gonna be created, in the near future.. but maybe, who knows....

RE: Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 by alebowgm on 02-13-2005 at 05:04 AM

What about just getting Timer Shots or the actual Webcam Shot to work then? You could setup an automated message when you turn on the Webcam Copier...

RE: Webcam Capture/Movie Maker for MSN 7 by linx05 on 02-13-2005 at 08:31 AM

You can download Camtasia from www.techsmith.com. Or wait until v3 or Messenger Discovery. It will have this feature.