Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed (/showthread.php?tid=38345)

Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Patchou on 02-12-2005 at 11:51 PM

Hi everyone,

it is now time for me to release the beta version of Messenger Plus! 3.50. As always, I'm asking to all of you who are interested to beta test and who meet the following criterias, to email me ASAP (meaning, before the next 6 hours) withg your nickname on the forum and the email you want me to use during the tests.

You can become a beta tester if:

• You know I know you enough to accept you as a tester (it may sound silly but yeah, that's a critera :p).
  • You're willing to spend some time testing Messenger Plus! 3.50 seriously (and not only play 5 minutes with the sounds).
  • You're able to send detailed emails about problems you've encountered
  • You can checking some basic system settings (like the registry) and zip/send some files when I request it.
If you think you qualify, send and email right now to ***timesup*** with "Beta Tester Request" in the subject. Also, note that whoever you are, you do need to send me an email (meaning that even if you're my best pal on the planet, you won't be on the list if you don't email me now). This is simply because I know a lot of people in this community and I cannot remember everyone's emails ;).

Thank you!
Patchou
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by MC.POP on 02-12-2005 at 11:53 PM

so the beta is now out for the members that where allready selected as testers?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by dylan! on 02-12-2005 at 11:57 PM

i qualify all of those needs accept the first one im ot to sure:P...but i doubt it since all the awesome beta testers we alreayd have are more than junior member:P:(...ps...it wouldnt let me email

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Mike on 02-13-2005 at 12:00 AM

Just a question:
Those who get applied, get an official beta tester sticker?
Or are they "temporary" testers?

Anyway, I'm gonna and apply :D

Note: I won't be able to reply currently because i have to go and sleep... :( (its 02:00 am here you know:P) (edit: woke up :D)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by _Humphreys on 02-13-2005 at 12:01 AM

I applied although I know I will be turned down as Patchou doesn't know me at all. :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by user27089 on 02-13-2005 at 12:14 AM

I may be out of place, but may I ask, whats with the recent load of beta testers, is there something big with this version or something that you need a lot of people to test, because ES has said many times that there are more than enough beta testers...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by L. Coyote on 02-13-2005 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I may be out of place, but may I ask, whats with the recent load of beta testers, is there something big with this version or something that you need a lot of people to test, because ES has said many times that there are more than enough beta testers...
Maybe he wants to test the serverload for the Custom Emotion Sounds. Maybe 30 people are not enough to test that. I'm just guessing.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Pr0xY on 02-13-2005 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
ES has said many times that there are more than enough beta testers...
EvilSeph either speculated... or just purely didn't know what he was talking about.  Traxor, I think Patchou just thinks it would be better if he had more trusted members testing from the forums, that way the bugs get worked out alot better.  This new feature needs alot of testing, and I think this is a good move on Patchou's part... He just needs to make sure he doesn't let any average joe help test. 

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
He just needs to make sure he doesn't let any average joe help test

so your ruled out then :P:P

j/k  i think you shoudl already be a tester, and can't see why u haven't be chosen before
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by EvilSeph on 02-13-2005 at 12:37 AM

Patchou does this so that the mailing list consists of all the testers. As for the testers I chose, I've emailed Patchou with a list. However, if the chosen testers feel it necessary, they can email Patchou. Infact, I encourage it.

Edit: Just spoke to Patchou, the testers I chose do NOT have to email him.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 12:43 AM

ES, since when do you choose testers :o And how will people know if they're on your list anyway? :confused:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by user27089 on 02-13-2005 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
ES, since when do you choose testers :o And how will people know if they're on your list anyway? :confused:

Since for ages he has picked beta testers, i'm not sure when he started, but he has since I wanted to become a tester, although he didn't ask me :cry:.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by EvilSeph on 02-13-2005 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

They know :). The only reason I posted that post was because a lot of them were confused :dodgy:.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Patchou on 02-13-2005 at 12:48 AM

EvilSeph just helped me this time by pre-selecting some people, in the end, I'm the one and only persons who decides who goes on the list :). Btw, previous beta testers also have to email me to be on the new list (I never keep old lists).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 12:49 AM

Intresting, always been a tester... i've always been told Patchou picks testers himself only. Never heard about ES having anything to do with that. ES never contacted me either.Never mind, ppl reply fast today :o

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by EvilSeph on 02-13-2005 at 12:51 AM

In fact, now that I've read the post again...

Am I supposed to email you Patch? :|

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by user27089 on 02-13-2005 at 12:54 AM

Patchou,

I've emailed you with the details, not sure if I needed to, because I emailed ES the details last night, good to be sure though I suppose ;).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Pr0xY on 02-13-2005 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
j/k  i think you shoudl already be a tester, and can't see why u haven't be chosen before
Neither can I, thas what I was so surprised about 3 days ago when the new beta testers were picked.  Ohwell... win some and ya lose some.... atleast I got a HOTT girlfriend :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Patchou on 02-13-2005 at 01:31 AM

Note to everyone: the beta release has ben delayed a little bit (maybe until tomorrow), sorry for the inconvinience. At least, itwill give some more time to those who want to apply.

MSN, I'm lovin' it.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by M73A on 02-13-2005 at 02:54 AM

i would but
1 - patchou dont no me.
2 - even though he could, probably wudnt trust me to send it to everyone.
3 - probably thinks im thick...

oh well

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by jren207 on 02-13-2005 at 03:15 AM

Blah, i like testing progs, so i might apply, i'm not sure about the first criteria, but there's no harm in trying. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by WDZ on 02-13-2005 at 03:17 AM

I think my problem is actually the second criteria... :rofl:

Meh. :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Deansweb2004 on 02-13-2005 at 03:18 AM

I would like to become a "beta tester" but Pachou doesnt know me :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Chestah on 02-13-2005 at 04:07 AM

yeah the first requirement is the most important out of them :P! Alot of people on these forums know me! But i'm not sure about Patchou ;) Anyways good luck with the testing Patchou :) Looking forward to the final release.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Ash_ on 02-13-2005 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

* You know I know you enough to accept you as a tester (it may sound silly but yeah, that's a critera ).
    * You're willing to spend some time testing Messenger Plus! 3.50 seriously (and not only play 5 minutes with the sounds).
    * You're able to send detailed emails about problems you've encountered
    * You can checking some basic system settings (like the registry) and zip/send some files when I request it.

im applying, i meet all requirements accept for the first one.

Most of the forum members know who i am, I can definately go into depth about problems,  as i do with most of my posts in the plugin's subsection.

im a pretty good programmer (which is totally irrevelent) but if theres a bug i may be able to find the solution.

Im able to Send files at request (like a robot :P) and i can get around in the Registry and other folders.

I will sure test every new feature of Plus! out for you. theres only one problem im 56k Dial-up connection at the moment so if you wanted me to send huge files that may be a downer.

and seeings as you delayed the Release of the BETA this application is still eligable.

and Patchou if you have the time, can you please answer my question located here?

thanks for your time.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Purity on 02-13-2005 at 07:43 AM

Erm, I would like to be a beta tester, dunno if he relaly knows me...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.50 - Beta Testers Needed by Patchou on 02-13-2005 at 07:47 AM

Times up! :). Thank you to all of you who emailed me.