Shoutbox

offline messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: offline messages (/showthread.php?tid=38357)

offline messages by C3PO on 02-13-2005 at 04:22 AM

Has anyone noticed in the new beta version of msn that was leaked today that in the options there are options for recieving offline messages! :o its been greyed out though so we cant use it yet.... but this obviuosly means that there devloping it and it will be released in a msn 7 version the next beta or maybe the official release who knows but im exited anyways! this is the best feature thats been added for a long time.

RE: offline messages by Menthix on 02-13-2005 at 04:29 AM

Yes i know.

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
MenthiX brought to my attention that another, much more popular request was fulfilled as well: Offline Messaging (screenshot) is there and ready to be enabled! MSN Messenger users will soon be able to send a message even to an offline contact. As soon as that contact signs in, he will be given the choice to read all received messages answering machine-style or have a link to them from the main window (probably next to the "MSN Today" and "My Space" buttons). I wonder how much activity this feature will steal from MSN's Hotmail services?
I was the one who informed mess.be :).

Offline messaging is kinda cool, but Messenger Plus! already had come-back messages which did the job well enough. Whatever is wrong with email anyway? :p
RE: offline messages by J.J on 02-13-2005 at 04:33 AM

This is something i've really wanted :)

There bot that did this, but both contacts had to have it

Awesome feature, i'll definately be using it often

RE: offline messages by C3PO on 02-13-2005 at 04:35 AM

ive already noticed a bug and a pretty big one in the new version, when your talking to someone and they go offline in the im window it doesent tell you. I dont know how they missed that one :S its really annoying 8o|