Shoutbox

is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? (/showthread.php?tid=38359)

is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by cm_mc on 02-13-2005 at 05:03 AM

Cuz msg plus work great but some thing jsut dont work like commands;;

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Bionic on 02-13-2005 at 05:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Note to everyone: the beta release has ben delayed a little bit (maybe until tomorrow), sorry for the inconvinience. At least, itwill give some more time to those who want to apply.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by cm_mc on 02-13-2005 at 05:12 AM

thanks i was looking for that never found it :P so teh beta will be tomorrow?:S that quick?

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by J.J on 02-13-2005 at 05:19 AM

The Messenger Plus! beta will be released tomorrow to Plus! official testers ONLY

EDIT: lol @ Chestah :P

RE: RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Chestah on 02-13-2005 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bionic
quote:
Note to everyone: the beta release has ben delayed a little bit (maybe until tomorrow), sorry for the inconvinience. At least, itwill give some more time to those who want to apply.

Actually i thought that was for the beta testers, not for all users and not for the new msn messenger build seeing as it is illegal to have it :P Please correct me if i'm wrong :)

EDIT: grr damn Lappin beat me to it ;)
EDIT 2: lol right back at cha :P :rofl:!
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by cm_mc on 02-13-2005 at 05:21 AM

oh ok and the final realease would be like in a month?

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Chestah on 02-13-2005 at 05:22 AM

March 10 apparently :P, but sometime in march i believe :)

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Patchou on 02-13-2005 at 08:38 AM

Nope, no more public betas. I know the current beta does not work well wih the latest leaked version of MSN Messenger (which you're not supposed to use btw) but as it'S suppsoed to come out officially only in March, nobody should have to wait long between the new MSN Messenger beta and Messenger Plus! 3.50 final.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by J.J on 02-13-2005 at 09:52 AM

Sounds great Patchou, looking forward to it (y)

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Tarry on 02-13-2005 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lappin
official testers ONLY
And what about MSN official beta testers who're not Plus! beta testers?
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by riahc4 on 02-13-2005 at 12:50 PM

So we're not gonna get a compatible version till it OFFICALLY comes out?

:(

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Edna Mode on 02-13-2005 at 12:52 PM

thats the plan, patchou could get in big trouble while it is still illegal

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by _Humphreys on 02-13-2005 at 12:54 PM

I think when Pathcou released the last beta publicly as it was just to keep everyone from being bored. Otherwsie there would have been a big gap between the latest version to the one that would have been released at the end of this month since that's when msn 7.0 was supposed to be released fully but now it's delayed.

I don't think Patchou will be releasing new betas for public use for a while now.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by x2zen on 02-13-2005 at 01:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
I don't think Patchou will be releasing new betas for public
quote:
Nope, no more public betas.

:)
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by DeltaBlast on 02-13-2005 at 03:31 PM

MSN lets you download the beta from their main page. Nothing illegal about it and don't say we aren't supposed to use it yet...

And the problem with that is that a lot of my friends (yes, again my friends damnit, I have a lot of them :p) downloaded the beta (even after I told them not to) and then started complaining about how plus doesn't work with it anymore.
If my collection of friends is any indication for the standard population (and I'd like to think it is), many people have downloaded the beta which is incompatible with plus. which is a bad thing. :(

PS. If I'm totally wrong here, because the new msn 7 beta isn't the one you can download from the main msn page, then just ignore me ;)
I wouldn't know myself, because I don't use it ;p

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
MSN lets you download the beta from their main page. Nothing illegal about it and don't say we aren't supposed to use it yet...

not the beta that has just been leaked

quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
which is incompatible with plus

if you mean the beta off http://messenger.msn.com/beta then plus! is compatible http://shoutbox.menthix.net/pid331874.html
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by DeltaBlast on 02-13-2005 at 03:51 PM

so the PS applies, then :)

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by dutch2005 on 02-13-2005 at 04:10 PM

so why not fix this lill thingy for the new build, and post it instead of the current comatible version of msn 7

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by x2zen on 02-13-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dutch2005
so why not fix this lill thingy for the new build, and post it instead of the current comatible version of msn 7
Because the Plus! 3.50 is soon out, and you are NOT supposed to use the 0604 build.
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by toddy on 02-13-2005 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dutch2005

little thingy, guess u mean plus!

and as i as i know he has fixed it and given it to his beta testers. it will be out to the public soon
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Tarry on 02-13-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
and you are NOT supposed to use the 0604 build
Unless you are a MSN official beta-tester.
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by x2zen on 02-13-2005 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tarry
Wrong. Its not released at Microsoft Beta Place yet. So not even official beta testers are allowed to use it.
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Tarry on 02-13-2005 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:
Originally posted by Tarry
Wrong. Its not released at Microsoft Beta Place yet. So not even official beta testers are allowed to use it.
:lol: just noticed. I saw it at some website and downloaded, BetaPlace wasn't working for me this morning.
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by riahc4 on 02-13-2005 at 10:40 PM

There is talk about a modded version over at Mess.be forums of Plus! and would work....

So watch out cuz they may reverse engineer Plus! and make it work.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Cromp on 02-13-2005 at 11:04 PM

there was talk, of somebody who didnt no anything saying Patchou has asked anybody out there to make a patch to get plus fully compatible with the new leaked version.

he soon got told it wouldnt happen, and just wait till Patchou released the final version, or if he is generous, released a compatible version if he gets it working again soon.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Concord Dawn on 02-14-2005 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
There is talk about a modded version over at Mess.be forums of Plus! and would work....

:dodgy:
quote:
Originally posted by Cromp
there was talk, of somebody who didnt no anything saying Patchou has asked anybody out there to make a patch to get plus fully compatible with the new leaked version.

he soon got told it wouldnt happen, and just wait till Patchou released the final version, or if he is generous, released a compatible version if he gets it working again soon.

Nope, Patchou isn't releasing another public beta. You're just going to have to wait until Plus! 3.50
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Chestah on 02-15-2005 at 08:04 AM

quote:

A modded version of plus? wouldn't that be illegal? Patchou's software is protected by copyright laws (EULA etc) Modding his files is illegal, unless they some how redirected his hooking by using another program...
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Menthix on 02-15-2005 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Do you have a link to the topic?

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
A modded version of plus? wouldn't that be illegal?
Probally, but to get justice you'll still need a lawsuit :s.

Anyway, i can understand people want Plus! to be working. But for a leaked beta? Why go trough the hassle of modding Plus! when Patchou can have i a day? In fact, Patchou already did it, right now it's being tested by betatesters to be sure it won't screw up your PC when public installs it.

And remember, it takes about 60 testers right now, some weeks and thousands of code changes to get everything compatible and stable (including the new features). There is now way you will get anything like it out of a version modded by somebody who doesn't even has access to the sourcecode.
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by BigCheese on 02-16-2005 at 03:46 PM

I think it may be possible to patch msn mesenger to work with Plus! Since I'm assuming the incompatability is due to the new search button and the renaming of some elements associated with the send button.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by DomGrimm on 02-16-2005 at 08:51 PM

i've found a way to get plus to work with the 604 beta...you have to have windows messenger 4.7 installed. quit msn messenger, then open up msgplus.exe (it should be in program files somewhere). finally, open up msn messenger again, it works fine for me.

RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by Smethead on 02-16-2005 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DomGrimm
i've found a way to get plus to work with the 604 beta...you have to have windows messenger 4.7 installed. quit msn messenger, then open up msgplus.exe (it should be in program files somewhere). finally, open up msn messenger again, it works fine for me
The menu works, the contact list formats work, but the commands don't. So, nothing changed
I tried your way with Windows Messenger 5.1
RE: is there gonna be a full compability fix for the new msn beta 7.0.604? by DomGrimm on 02-16-2005 at 10:29 PM

oh, my bad, i didn't try any of the commands, i just saw that the contact list formatting worked