Shoutbox

Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? (/showthread.php?tid=38367)

Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? by Anubis on 02-13-2005 at 10:04 AM

Yesterday out of the blue at around 11am (GMT) my router disconnected from the internet, I thought that the router was just acting up. So I connected to it from my computer and had a look. It said the ADSL line was fine but it couldn't connect to the WAN (in this case the internet) so I activated the restart procedure. No luck.
So I did a full reset which restores it to the factory settings and then set it up again and I got the same problem, the ADSL line was working, but no connection to the internet. The router could communicate between computers so that wasn't the problem.
Their technical support was a queue and after 30 minutes, still no one there, which usually doesn't happen, their tech support is usually very good.
Anyway I set up the old ADSL modem that was used before the router and that had the same problem, it said the line was fine, but it couldn't connect to the internet from there.
I set the router back up and just left it, the internet didn't come on for the rest of the day...However it came on this morning as normal...
Now it seems that very few people I know have ADSL broadband from BT, seems everyone around here has NTL :dodgy:..the only people I know who use BT as their ISP only use dial up, and they said it was fine yesterday...
So I was wondering if anyone here had similar problems yesterday, because I'm confused, I would assume so because their tech support was booming...

RE: Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? by ayjay on 02-13-2005 at 10:15 AM

I'm with wanadoo and I'm probably being thick and they're something to do with BT :P and I had some probs yesterday.

Couldn't be bothered to ring them though :P

RE: Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yester by _Humphreys on 02-13-2005 at 12:08 PM

Just when I thought NTL sucked Anubis has problems with BT. :D You know how it feels now.

RE: Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? by Cromp on 02-13-2005 at 01:10 PM

i was on ADSL AOL Broadband, and it was fine, except for the odd 10 seconds, where everything would just stop but its working perfectly now.

RE: Anyone in the UK use BT as their ISP, use ADSL broadband, and had problems yesterday? by segosa on 02-14-2005 at 01:46 PM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/14/bt_broadband_titsup/