Shoutbox

I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=38368)

I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by jligon on 02-13-2005 at 10:29 AM

I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird and really like them but I've wanted a way to open my hotmail when MSN Messenger notifies me. I'm using the latest Messenger version of 6.2 and I've added Messenger Plus successfully. When I added Stuffplug and clicked to open links/email in default browser, my hard drive churns a bit, as though it's trying to open a new page/tab in firefox, but nothing happens. When I click it not to open in default browser, IE opens up like it did before I downloaded Stuffplug.
I orginally tried the newest version of Stuffplug (downloaded yesterday: Version 2) and then tried uninstalling that and downloaded .7 but they both are behaving the same way. That makes me think there might be a setting in Firefox that I need to adjust but I'm not sure anyone over on that forum would know.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Jon

RE: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by Anubis on 02-13-2005 at 10:33 AM

In Firefox click Tools > Options > General > Default Browser > Check Now
and would you post what comes up...

RE: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by jligon on 02-13-2005 at 10:36 AM

Firefox is set as my default browser.

I did check that yesterday.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

RE: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by Fröt on 02-13-2005 at 08:19 PM

I am in same problem with firefox..

RE: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by albert on 02-13-2005 at 08:21 PM

Nope, sorry man, but are you sure you checked that it was your default browser.. cuz I can't think of anything else.. *-)

RE: I can't get stuffplug to open hotmail in Firefox by jligon on 02-15-2005 at 06:20 PM

Well, I guess I'm going to get rid of Stuffplug since, if nobody has any other ideas, it's providing no benefit to me.