Shoutbox

Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] (/showthread.php?tid=38428)

Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joel4119 on 02-14-2005 at 03:40 AM

Well I've been thinking about the upcoming release of Messenger Plus! 3.50 and I decided to make a list of my ideas. Let me know if any of the features below are simply not possible in MSN Messenger 7, being worked on, or finished in Messenger Plus! 3.50:

• Allow constant Nudging without being stopped for a few seconds in between each Nudge
• Enable Winamp to work instead of Windows Media Player for the "Now playing..." feature in MSN Messenger 7.0.0406
• Allow colors in your sub-name feature in MSN Messenger 7.0.0406
• Create a custom Winks feature that allows you to load animations into MSN Messenger 7
• Allow sharing of custom Winks (if its possible to make them)
• Create custom Winks that come with Messenger Plus! 3.50
• Add a feature that can disable certain buttons (such as the Packs button or the What's Hot Emoticons tab)
• Add a Checkbox under each Personalised Status that says "Lockdown" so whenever you have Lockdown checked for that specific Personalised Status your MSN will be automatically Locked Down
• For the Handwriting tab, make the option to set a right-click color (just like PhotoShop's background color) Sure, it seems tough, but its definitely possible since Blasphemer (or whoever made the Handwriting tab) was able to create the buttons under the Handwriting tab
• When having the Handwriting tab enabled, allow the copying of an image to be sent as Ink
• If tabbed conversations are added: Put an icon next to the name of the contact in the tab thats shows the status of a conversation (Blue:No new messages in the conversation - Orange: Contact is writing a message - Red: New message has been received)

If you guys want to add onto this list, feel free to. If anyone doesn't understand what I mean by a certain feature, let me know and I'll explain it further. I know these features are a lot to ask for but since you are releasing the new version in March I'm guessing you can pull them off.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by andrey on 02-14-2005 at 03:47 AM

First of all, I don't think new features can be suggested for the upcoming version anymore, maybe some could be done in later versions :happy:

quote:
Originally posted by Joel4119
Allow constant Nudging without being stopped for a few seconds in between each Nudge
Annoying, won't make you many friends. You can use a patch instead, or use nudg0r or similar programs (search mess.be forums)
quote:
Enable Winamp to work instead of Windows Media Player for the "Now playing..." feature in MSN Messenger 7.0.0406
Good idea, i would like that.
quote:
Allow colors in your sub-name feature in MSN Messenger 7.0.0406
Seems possible to me, would like to see that
quote:
Create a custom Winks feature that allows you to load animations into MSN Messenger 7
Allow sharing of custom Winks (if its possible to make them)
Create custom Winks that come with Messenger Plus! 3.50
Probably not possible.
quote:
Add a feature that can disable certain buttons (such as the Packs button or the What's Hot Emoticons tab)
Again, use a patch (btw, i'm not encouraging it, just stating a possible way to achieve this)
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joel4119 on 02-14-2005 at 03:55 AM

Hehe. Well I just said add the Nudge thing to use it on a couple of my real life friends just to get their attention. I definitely wouldn't use it very often.

Anyway, I have another idea:
• When having the Handwriting tab enabled, allow the copying of an image to be sent as Ink

That would be the greatest feature of all. :D

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by TheBlasphemer on 02-14-2005 at 06:30 AM

quote:
• Enable Winamp to work instead of Windows Media Player for the "Now playing..." feature in MSN Messenger 7.0.0406
Check www.mess.be :)
I've created one ;)
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by toddy on 02-14-2005 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Anyway, I have another idea:

not possible, well its not possible with normal images eg jpeg, gif, png. however they was a program that allowed you to draw the pictures in a different program and then copy then into your message box to send them......... but i can't find the program no more
RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joel4119 on 02-14-2005 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemerCheck www.mess.be :)
I've created one ;)

Oh, nice. :D
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by bodejodel on 02-14-2005 at 08:33 AM

Tabbed conversation windows!!!
All those buggy plugins work crappy...

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by x2zen on 02-14-2005 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bodejodel
Tabbed conversation windows!!!
All those buggy plugins work crappy...
Please dont write this in more than 1 thread, you have posted that before like a minute ago, and I have answered that: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=36...d=381286#pid381286
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by bodejodel on 02-14-2005 at 08:41 AM

Sorry... I posted this one before I read your reply...
I am just a little bit mad about it not working anymore since I re-installed MSN...

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Chop on 02-14-2005 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:
Check www.mess.be :)
I've created one ;)
And im using it :)
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by spokes on 02-14-2005 at 08:55 AM

i have a quick suggestion which has probably been made for plus 3.50 but we never know

something like /personalmsg I'm testing

so that it sests a personal message for messenger from the conversation window

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joel4119 on 02-14-2005 at 08:00 PM

That could probably be made in the next Shortcuts Plugin.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by c0ld vengeance on 02-14-2005 at 08:08 PM

A feature so that all received files go into folders named after the contacts email address

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by ranicx on 02-14-2005 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by c0ld vengeance
A feature so that all received files go into folders named after the contacts email address

would help orginize recived files.. i know i have a hard time finding stuff as ive got 1000's of recived files from over a few years. if they where started to be orginized, it would greatly help.
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by TheGeek on 02-14-2005 at 08:25 PM

What i want is an option to stop the titlebar blinking when someone says something.
I know, most people can ignore it, but I can't :(.
*suckup* Patchou, you're a great programmer that works for free, could you make your addon even better (for me) :)

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joa on 02-14-2005 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGeek
What i want is an option to stop the titlebar blinking when someone says something.
I know, most people can ignore it, but I can't .
*suckup* Patchou, you're a great programmer that works for free, could you make your addon even better (for me) 

if you have windows XP, i think that Tweak IU can do that... .. i think i'm not 100% sure...
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by UnduTheGun on 02-14-2005 at 11:16 PM

quote:

What about enabling any music player to do that? such as  Foobar 2000, iTunes, QCD, etc... (in that order) :P
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joel4119 on 02-15-2005 at 01:11 AM

Yeah, that would be cool, too. I was just suggesting Winamp as an example since I only use Winamp. :P

Another idea:
• Add a Checkbox under each Personalised Status that says "Lockdown" so whenever you have Lockdown checked for that specific Personalised Status your MSN will be automatically Locked Down

Even another:
• For the Handwriting tab, make the option to set a right-click color (just like PhotoShop's background color)
Sure, it seems tough, but its definitely possible since Blasphemer (or whoever made the Handwriting tab) was able to create the buttons under the Handwriting tab

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by NiteMare on 02-15-2005 at 04:12 AM

i think that the tabbed  conversation window is a great idea, only should should be able to choose which conversations you want tabbed, and which free floating:D

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Joel4119 on 02-15-2005 at 04:26 AM

Yeah, and for the tabbed conversation window:
• An icon next to the name of the contact thats shows the status of a conversation
Examples:
Blue - No new messages in the conversation
Orange - Contact is writing a message
Red - New message has been received
That would be simply amazing.
I updated the first post of this thread with my ideas.

RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by TheGeek on 02-15-2005 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ

quote:
Originally posted by TheGeek
I know, most people can ignore it, but I can't .
*suckup* Patchou, you're a great programmer that works for free, could you make your addon even better (for me) 

if you have windows XP, i think that Tweak IU can do that... .. i think i'm not 100% sure...

nope, tried it :(
RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by Lou on 02-17-2005 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Yeah, that would be cool, too. I was just suggesting Winamp as an example since I only use Winamp. :P

Another idea:

Even another:
• For the Handwriting tab, make the option to set a right-click color (just like PhotoShop's background color)
Sure, it seems tough, but its definitely possible since Blasphemer (or whoever made the Handwriting tab) was able to create the buttons under the Handwriting tab

quote:
Yeah, and for the tabbed conversation window:
• An icon next to the name of the contact thats shows the status of a conversation
Examples:
Blue - No new messages in the conversation
Orange - Contact is writing a message
Red - New message has been received
That would be simply amazing.
I updated the first post of this thread with my ideas.

You already put those ones in your first list...dude maybe memory loss? Not to be mean but repeating isnt very good....since theres going to be quite a bit of ppl already posting here.....
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joel4119 on 02-17-2005 at 03:19 AM

I edited my first post and added that in. Read all of my posts.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Chestah on 02-17-2005 at 05:25 AM

Suggestions for msgplus 3.5 are a tad late :P, beta testers are currenly testing current features to make sure they'll be working when the final is released. However i do like the /pmsg or a similiar command to change your personal message. maybe "/pmsg on" to turn on the Music feature :P

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by PenguinBoy on 02-17-2005 at 05:20 PM

i dno if it's been sugested allready, but when msgplus first started u couldn't change the backfround of message windows therefore i could just write

"screams:" and then put the tag for white text, thus eliminating the word "sais:"

since the move to msn 6 i haven't tried it again.

are there any plugins currently available which allow u to change the word "says" to something else, if not, please accept it a sugestion :D

edit: The mess patch hasn't made my winamp show on the little "listening to" tag, any ideas?

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joel4119 on 02-17-2005 at 11:31 PM

I have no idea what your talking about for the one suggestion. However, you should download TheBlasphemer's little plugin for the Winamp feature, Penguin.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by jvlppm on 02-19-2005 at 09:18 PM

suggestion:

words filter:

support the * character on the 2 fields
ex:
*ao to *ão

and a checkbox to make that filter Case sensitivy or msgplus auto detect the cases

NAO - NÃO
nao - não
Não - Nao

support for spaces in the first character or a checkbox Starting
(to change only words that are not in the beggining)

auto case words to make the first capital and add the "." in the end
or "?" if the message contain especifieds words

(:
would be a better plus

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by crank on 02-20-2005 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Add a Checkbox under each Personalised Status that says "Lockdown" so whenever you have Lockdown checked for that specific Personalised Status your MSN will be automatically Locked Down

Great suggestion!!!
I wonder why nobody thought of that yet...
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by :No-Frost: on 02-20-2005 at 06:25 PM

A cool adition would be Emoticons Backup!!!

I had a lot of emoticons, and every time I format my computer, they erease :(:(:(

PLiss Patchou, YOU CAN DO IT ^^ :D:D:D

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joel4119 on 02-20-2005 at 07:33 PM

Not possible, Frost. If MSN is re-installed then most likely Messenger Plus! is re-installed. All configuration files are lost.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by x2zen on 02-20-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
If MSN is re-installed then most likely Messenger Plus! is re-installed. All configuration files are lost.
You are so wrong.
When re-installing MSN Messenger nothing is lost and Messenger Plus! is never un- or reinstalled unless you do it yourself.
So NO configuration files are lost!
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by :No-Frost: on 02-20-2005 at 10:08 PM

And I have noticed that theres and option that can make backups for MSG Plus configuration...

RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by XM4ST3RX on 02-21-2005 at 03:56 AM

quote:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38186 - Please go there and vote for it. Feel free to leave a comment there too.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 by XM4ST3RX on 02-21-2005 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
quote:

would help orginize recived files.. i know i have a hard time finding stuff as ive got 1000's of recived files from over a few years. if they where started to be orginized, it would greatly help.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38186 - Please go there and vote for it. Feel free to leave a comment there too.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Shezi on 02-21-2005 at 08:45 AM

hey u can also see the more suggestions for msgplus..! in this thread......
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38702
chk this out...

enjoy

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by ShawnZ on 02-21-2005 at 02:43 PM

quote:

• For the Handwriting tab, make the option to set a right-click color (just like PhotoShop's background color) Sure, it seems tough, but its definitely possible since Blasphemer (or whoever made the Handwriting tab) was able to create the buttons under the Handwriting tab

Actually, he didn't make the handwriting tab. It was already built in to MSN Messenger, but it is only visible when using MSN Messenger on a PocketPC. So what TheBlasphermer did was make MSN Messenger think its running on a PocketPC, so it shows the tab. Its not possible to modify the feature because it's a feature of MSN Messenger.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by cri-cri on 02-25-2005 at 05:14 PM

hello everybody,
i'm new and i would like to know if a "mute" option is in project in this new version of Messenger Plus. it would be useful when you want to listen to music and stay online.
sorry for my english, i'm french.

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by haydos on 02-25-2005 at 05:21 PM

Welcome Cri-cri :wave:
If you want to mute your msn would it not be possible to change your status to busy?

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by cri-cri on 02-25-2005 at 11:33 PM

yes I know but i would like to stay online or away so nobody could know if i'm in front or my computer or not. i know, it sounds silly but i am :)

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joa on 02-26-2005 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cri-cri
hello everybody,
i'm new and i would like to know if a "mute" option is in project in this new version of Messenger Plus. it would be useful when you want to listen to music and stay online.
sorry for my english, i'm french.

cant you already do that by just disabling the sound options manually in plus! and in msn? (in msn messenger for instance in "options" under "alerts and sounds") and in plus! preferences under "notifications"? i'm not sure if that's what you meant.

but if you did that - you could still listen to music and have other computer sounds, without msn making sounds in the background.

Edit: but mute would be kinda cool i guess *-), if you wanted to disable those sounds quickly...

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by superjugy on 02-26-2005 at 03:07 AM

i think a good new funtion would be a hacker add on to check your friends archives or to pass on viruses, just kidding. seriously, i wouldnt like someone to do that to me. now seriously a good idea would be to have a little program like winamp in the conversation window, or maybe thinking it well to have a little console that controls winamp, windows media or another music program or even 2 or more at a time, you could seelect which you want to use in the moment or even open the program frrom the window, but not with shortcuts like /changemusic i would want a console set in the window, maybe in the lower part of the window or aside in a column left or rigthor in the top or even better you can decide where to put it, or make it transparent or hide it, that would be a lot of work but would be great. another could be a little square in the corner of the conversation window which let you see the desktop of your friend, obiusly with his permision, or maybe... well i think i have dried my brain thinking a lot, when i wak e up again i will say some more. *goes to sleep and shut the ligths off*

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by KR_2005 on 02-27-2005 at 04:38 AM

One feature I would like is..

You put a certain time and date in, and in your msn name a countdown gets put and gets updated hourly eg.

(Name)[3 days 17 hours until (an event)]

If you get me...

RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by Joel4119 on 02-27-2005 at 07:32 AM

It would be better if that showed up instead of the ad bar in the MSN Contacts list. :P

RE: RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by cri-cri on 02-27-2005 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ
cant you already do that by just disabling the sound options manually in plus! and in msn? (in msn messenger for instance in "options" under "alerts and sounds") and in plus! preferences under "notifications"? i'm not sure if that's what you meant.

but if you did that - you could still listen to music and have other computer sounds, without msn making sounds in the background.

Edit: but mute would be kinda cool i guess *-), if you wanted to disable those sounds quickly...

yes i want to disable those sounds quickly :)
RE: Suggestions for Plus! 3.50 [Updated 2/14] by giken on 03-02-2005 at 09:07 AM

cri-cri nice feature suggestion, I agree :)