Shoutbox

Cannot open log files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cannot open log files (/showthread.php?tid=38484)

Cannot open log files by james_638 on 02-14-2005 at 09:42 PM

I am using version 3.4 and I am having problems opeing my log files. When trying to open it comes up with the plus! promt for password which I enter and all is ok. But then nothing happens, the file does not open and there are no error messages! This is the same with all of my log files.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
James

RE: Cannot open log files by Joa on 02-14-2005 at 10:18 PM

thats really weird, i tried doing a couple of things with my Messenger Plus just now.. and i got error messages every time i set things up incorrectly. but maybe double check your settings.. maybe something in u'r computer is blocking the error popups... i'm not sure if thats possible but.. maybe thats it...

... either way if thats not it than the best advice i can give you is to reinstall Messenger Plus?? sorry thats the best i can do.... maybe somebody else can give you better advice

good luck!

RE: Cannot open log files by swalker on 02-16-2005 at 04:55 PM

I had the same problem, I was running NIS 2004 and it was blocking it as if it was a pop up. Try disableing your antivirus for a min or 2 and see what happens when you try again

RE: Cannot open log files by swalker on 02-16-2005 at 07:16 PM

Yes the logs are located in the my documents folder but with Messenger Plus you can password protect them.

If you forget that password you can no longer enter the logs

From Scott Walker

RE: Cannot open log files by haydos on 02-17-2005 at 11:24 AM

But he hasnt forgot the password, it seems to be a problem after the password has been entered correctly

RE: Cannot open log files by Anubis on 02-17-2005 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Auxin
They are in the My Documents folder.
Could you only help if you know the problem, they may not even be in "My Documents"...
RE: Cannot open log files by Shezi on 02-18-2005 at 09:37 PM

Check out the logging option ... is it enabled or not... if its not enabled then try to enable it from msgplus preference panel>logging .
and try to access them from plus drop down menu in msnger window ... is ur chatlog are show ther or not.....
also tellme that do u use any sofware for protecting folder (put a password on them) if yes then try to disable and chk wat hapen.....
if the problem not solve by this then again post here... may b i or any other one can give ur answer..