Shoutbox

MPWinamp 0.9 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: MPWinamp 0.9 (/showthread.php?tid=38499)

MPWinamp 0.9 by benharvey1985 on 02-15-2005 at 01:33 AM

Im using msn 6.2 and MPwinamp 0.9 (installed from MPWinamp-0.90a-Install.exe) and it doesnt appear to read my ID3 tags (my files have v1 & v2) it just appears 2 read the filename upto a "-" im using

"`·._.· [ HRV ] ·._.·´ [p]<<%artist - %title>>[/p][c]<<Has No Music Playing>>[/c]"

as my syntax....and output i get

With Songs playing.....

"`·._.· [ HRV ] ·._.·´ <<01 Clubland X - Treme 2 (Disc1)>>"
Filename = "01 Clubland X-Treme 2 (Disc1).mp3"

Without Songs playing / winamp closed.....

"`·._.· [ HRV ] ·._.·´ <<Has No Music Playing>>"

so one part works right.

Any ideas?

Harvey

PS - sorry if this is already somewhere else (i couldnt find it)

RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by matty on 02-15-2005 at 02:40 AM

From what I can remember MPWinamp only gets the windows caption. I don't quite remember if it reads the ID3 tags or not. If this is the case then the Output would be correct. Ash_ is better to answer this though. If he has not answered the thread I will email him the link to it.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by Ash_ on 02-15-2005 at 09:47 AM

well, the parsing does get the window text from Winamp, some errors were regarding with ID3v1 & v2 tags, whats the version of winamp you use?, the classname may be different from older versions of winamp (i know it definately works on 5).

It wouldnt be a parsing problem as you only have 1 '-'.

if you are running v5 of winamp, checked that other songs work. (try removing the ID3 tags and playing it). PM ErikShierboom, the creator of the plugin.

good luck.

RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by benharvey1985 on 02-15-2005 at 10:47 AM

Using Winamp 5.05 (registered) so im not sure whats going on....

RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by ErikSchierboom on 02-27-2005 at 11:12 AM

Sorry that is has been this long, but I'm quite busy at the moment so please excuse me. As of MPWinamp 0.90a the media information is no longer retrieved from the Winamp caption, but it is retrieved using some Winamp magic. To be able to use this magic your system must be a Windows NT/2000/XP system unfortunately. If you do have one a system that specifies that requirement and the bug still occurs, I'll check into it soon. Thanks for using my plugin.

RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by benharvey1985 on 03-05-2005 at 05:34 PM

i think i worked out what it is......im using the MP3PRO plugin.....seems to work without it, could it be this?

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.9 by ErikSchierboom on 03-10-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benharvey1985
i think i worked out what it is......im using the MP3PRO plugin.....seems to work without it, could it be this?

It definitely could. What is does is use the values of the plugin which is playing the current song. For almost all plugins these values are exported, it might be that the MP3Pro plugin doesn't do this.