Shoutbox

suggestion: leave messages to offline users - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: suggestion: leave messages to offline users (/showthread.php?tid=38555)

suggestion: leave messages to offline users by brandon_r87 on 02-15-2005 at 10:03 PM

sometimes i want to leave a message for offline people on my list sort of like an answering machine because the majority of the people i have in my contact list dont check their email.  i think making a plugin to do this would be one of the best plugins i've seen.  the way it would work is that you would right click the contact from the offline list and go to an option such as leave message.  you would type in the message like the person was online but instead of clicking a send button, you'd click something like a store button.  this would store the message until that person signed in and would then send it.  you could also have a window where you could view, edit, and cancel messages you wanted to send people.   so if anyone likes this idea and has good programming knowledge, could they take a swing at this one?

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by L. Coyote on 02-15-2005 at 10:05 PM

This is already done in Messenger Plus!

Right click on the contact (when they're offline) and choose => Messenger Plus! Extras => Set Come-back message...

Edit: yes, you have to be online when they sign back in.

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by Stigmata on 02-15-2005 at 10:08 PM

*wink*Msn Messenger 7 Final *wink*

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by brandon_r87 on 02-15-2005 at 10:08 PM

oh wow, thanks.  i'm stupid.  i never noticed it.

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by Kryptonate on 02-15-2005 at 10:14 PM

1. There is a backmessage in Plus!, but you have to stay online if you want your contact to receive it.
2. In MSN Messenger 7 final there will be an option to message someone who his offline and even if you go offline it will still be delivered. Why doesn't Plus! have this? Because if Patchou wanted this to be in Plus! he would have to buy some servers to store all the messages on.

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by Kowell on 02-16-2005 at 04:49 PM

why not just send an email then......

RE: suggestion: leave messages to offline users by haydos on 02-16-2005 at 05:05 PM

quote:
why not just send an email then......

quote:
majority of the people i have in my contact list dont check their email.