Shoutbox

notification respose: Suggestion for an addition to a plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: notification respose: Suggestion for an addition to a plugin (/showthread.php?tid=38565)

notification respose: Suggestion for an addition to a plugin by confuzzled on 02-16-2005 at 01:17 AM

Sorry if this has already been suggested or if it's in the wrong place. I was wondering if it would be possible to allow users to choose an additional/alternative action to sounds when a notification occurs. More specifically I was thinking that you could set it to open a file/run a program or script. If that is simple then maybe also add the function of setting a different action for different users/types of notifications.

So if person x signs on, then maybe it will open the log file of your previous chats.

I don't know whether this is covered under the above so, also allow you to automatically open a conversation window with someone who comes online.

RE: notification respose: Suggestion for an addition to a plugin by Joel4119 on 02-16-2005 at 02:58 AM

That is a good idea. I would like to see that happen. :)