Shoutbox

[Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net (/showthread.php?tid=38573)

[Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by Pr0xY on 02-16-2005 at 03:21 AM

Well this is more for MP's main site("Msgplus.net"), but this is where things get done. 

Lately there have been alot of Plus users coming into #msghelp on IRC, seeking help with the POP3 feature for Plus!.  Since I am not the most intelligent person when it comes to that feature, it would be nice to have a Tutorial HERE , so helpers of the #msgplus channel, and new users can easily use this feature. 

The tutorial page has alot of useful tutorials on it, I just think is should also have one for the POP3 feature. 

Thanks
-Pr0xY

RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 03:26 AM

I'm actually working on updated and new tutorials, POP3 is one of the features which will get a tutorial. It's not completely finished yet, Patchou will put them on msgplus.net when they are all done. I expect the to be onlie on the same date as the 3.50 release, may be sooner, later is unlikely.

RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by Pr0xY on 02-16-2005 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I'm actually working on updated and new tutorials, POP3 is one of the features which will get a tutorial. It's not completely finished yet, Patchou will put them on msgplus.net when they are all done. I expect the to be onlie on the same date as the 3.50 release, may be sooner, later is unlikely.
Great News MenthiX :)

I'm glad to hear someone is on top of this. 

RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by f1d0d1d08989 on 02-16-2005 at 07:34 AM

Erm, can you also let me help you to make the POP3 tutorial page?

But, does the page need to follow any format or are there any requirements?

RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by Menthix on 02-16-2005 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by f1d0d1d08989
Erm, can you also let me help you to make the POP3 tutorial page
Thanks fot offering your support, but it won't be needed.

quote:
Originally posted by f1d0d1d08989
does the page need to follow any format or are there any requirements?
Yes, i must follow msgplus.net's CSS file. Also every tuturial follows the same paragraph formatting and text style, that's why i rather do this alone, so every page has the same kind of style.
RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by f1d0d1d08989 on 02-16-2005 at 12:55 PM

Oh okay, then nevermind...:D

RE: [Needed!] POP3 Tutorial on msgplus.net by Patchou on 02-17-2005 at 09:34 PM

For the POP3 tutorial, you should clearly specify that Messenger Plus! displays the number of emails as reported by the server. This means that if the count of email iswrong, there's nothing Messenger Plus! candoabout it (many people report that GMail has problems giving a correct count of unread emails).