Shoutbox

Virus Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Virus Help (/showthread.php?tid=38576)

Virus Help by banky on 02-16-2005 at 03:32 AM

Ok.. today my dodgy bro download some program he won't tell me what... I can't find out either cause he has already removed it but anyways..

Since then my comp has been screwy  so I checked my process's and notcied the following are running.

-Xzxgpr.exe
-Calc.exe

I googled Xzxgpr.exe and how to remove and google did not find anything . I also googled Calc.exe and google found that its safe that its from m$ calculator but I opened up the calculator and it showed up as calculator.exe in my process's. So i think these two should be removed. I have looked everywhere for the 2 files man folders can't find, looked in control panel nothing there either I have ran the follwoing

-Yahoo Anti-Spy(found nothing)
-Spybot S&D(found nothing)
-System Mechanice 5(found nothing)

If anyone could help that would be great.

The Don.

RE: Virus Help by matty on 02-16-2005 at 03:37 AM

Online Virus Scan

RE: Virus Help by banky on 02-16-2005 at 03:38 AM

I'll try that and if it dont work I guess im screwed.

Well this may sound picky but that thing wants me to install something on my comp and that just aint gonna happen.

RE: Virus Help by Chestah on 02-16-2005 at 03:54 AM

Lavasoft Adaware
then after that try
Microsoft Antispyware Beta

RE: Virus Help by segosa on 02-16-2005 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
Well this may sound picky but that thing wants me to install something on my comp and that just aint gonna happen.

You'll let a virus "install", but not something to remove it? rofl. People really have their ideas screwed up.
RE: Virus Help by banky on 02-16-2005 at 06:35 AM

Gah.. I didn't let a virus install my brother did.:@ and i got rid of the virus now thanks to matty.