Shoutbox

Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. (/showthread.php?tid=38619)

Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. by John Anderton on 02-16-2005 at 06:58 PM

Here is the prob. I was making a few custom emotes and none of them were comming out fine.
The ones like ":refuck:" became too small to be visible and the ones like ":cheesy:" were getting a bit enlarged so that the image was showing the pixels (Like the boxes, showing rigid edges. If ur on msn i'll show u if u wish) Its really bad and i cant use any emotes that i make. I have to wait till someone sends me emotes. Then if i save em then they are fine 99/100 times.
So do i need some plugin or something or is there an option somewhere which allows me to stop msn mess from resizing my custom emotes ?

RE: Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. by Millenium_edition on 02-16-2005 at 07:01 PM

you can use an image editor to split them or make white borders to make them fit

RE: Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. by John Anderton on 02-16-2005 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you can use an image editor to split

After splitting how will they look like one emote. Also isnt there any direct way. Am i the only one who has this prob or is there another way.
I need to add like 50 emotes to that will be a bit time consuming M_e. Is there another way. I didnt understand the white border thing. How will that help :S
RE: Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. by Plik on 02-16-2005 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you can use an image editor to split

After splitting how will they look like one emote. Also isnt there any direct way. Am i the only one who has this prob or is there another way.
I need to add like 50 emotes to that will be a bit time consuming M_e. Is there another way. I didnt understand the white border thing. How will that help :S

If you split :refuck: into two parts you would then use
quote:
:re1:::re2:
with :re1: and :re2: beeing the two parts of it.

To add lots of emotes at once you can use a mass emoticon adder, search mess.be for one.

If you add a white border to the emotes that  become pixelised it will stop them beeing pixelised because the image is larger and msn wont resize it.
RE: Cant see custom emotes that i create properly. by John Anderton on 02-16-2005 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
If you add a white border to the emotes that  become pixelised it will stop them beeing pixelised because the image is larger and msn wont resize it.

Ok but i feel that the 1st one is still a boring process :P

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
To add lots of emotes at once you can use a mass emoticon adder, search mess.be for one.
Thx for the tip. I'll try that :cheesy: