Shoutbox

The journy getting my LCD! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: The journy getting my LCD! (/showthread.php?tid=38625)

The journy getting my LCD! by .blade// on 02-16-2005 at 10:06 PM

It seems whenever I get electronics I have some kind of journy -_-

Today I went to change my BenQ FP71G bcz it was too dark. I, instead, got the LG L1730S. It was $70 more, but LG's are good so I willingly paid it. I got home, hooked it up and as it was booting I noticed a red dot. I went into config wizard just to be sure it wasn't a side-effect, but that didn't help. Dead pixel :(. I go BACK to the store and have to spend 15 minutes in line to AGAIN exchange my LCD (the same guy was there too -_-). He looked at me like "Wtf is he here for again? :S"

Anyways, now I have a more expensive (but better) LG LCD after waisting about 2 hours of my time, but I highly recommend it bcz LG has a 1 dead pixel guarantee - 1 dead pixel and they'll replace it (according to the salesman at least - I've yet to find where in the warranty it says that -_-)

[Image: 3095105_640.jpg]

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by expert on 02-16-2005 at 10:25 PM

that sux but funny i had no journey getting mine i went 7 block came back and tada a gateway 17" :):P

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by matty on 02-16-2005 at 11:18 PM

I emailed HP tech support about my Laptops burnt pixel and they considered it cosmetic damage and cannot fix it unless it is 5 or more pixels or something.

Then now when ever I put my laptop to hibernation with a CD/DVD in the drive I have to reinstall the drivers before it will recognize the new cd. Lots of problems. Email tech support tried to blame it on the Upper and Lower filters but i emailed them and said its not that and they said to send it in.

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by .blade// on 02-16-2005 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I emailed HP tech support about my Laptops burnt pixel and they considered it cosmetic damage and cannot fix it unless it is 5 or more pixels or something.

Then now when ever I put my laptop to hibernation with a CD/DVD in the drive I have to reinstall the drivers before it will recognize the new cd. Lots of problems. Email tech support tried to blame it on the Upper and Lower filters but i emailed them and said its not that and they said to send it in.

Haha - poor Matty :P It's kind of dumb though - with the LCD and its warranty. If you have problems you've got to send it in to them. First time they pay shipping both ways, after that you pay shipping to them :S

You know how much it would be to send an LCD monitor across the country? :S
RE: The journy getting my LCD! by aNILEator on 02-17-2005 at 04:56 PM

hey blade you still making that internet computer company thing?

I may be interested in a computer.

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by .blade// on 02-17-2005 at 05:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
hey blade you still making that internet computer company thing?

I may be interested in a computer.

Yes I am, but the companyis not fully set up yet. I can build you a computer, though. PM me for more :P
RE: The journy getting my LCD! by user35870 on 02-17-2005 at 09:39 PM

i am thinking about getting a lcd screen (old ones messed up) but i need one around £200 do you no any ones going for around that price?

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by .blade// on 02-17-2005 at 09:41 PM

This one was $425 Canadian which is about 182 GBP

RE: The journy getting my LCD! by user35870 on 02-17-2005 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade

does the one you have need any Special  grapics card (mines on board intel)
RE: The journy getting my LCD! by .blade// on 02-17-2005 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris100
quote:
Originally posted by blade

does the one you have need any Special  grapics card (mines on board intel)

No, it's got a good old analog plug.