Shoutbox

Request of BLiNkInG feature.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. (/showthread.php?tid=38702)

Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Shezi on 02-18-2005 at 07:20 AM

Hey guys want to share some of my ideas ....
some of feature should be added in msgplus to make it more popular...

-When we place a mouse pointer to msn messenger icon in system tray is shows MSN Messenger - Signed In... its would be the better idea if it shows that How many contact are online and how many ofline etc... just like ..
Online : 12
Mobile : 5    (optional.)
Offline : 92
i think patchou have the capability to add this feature, and i hope patchou will add it in the next build..(if he like...   :P)

-It would be more better if msgplus! show online offline history of the contact no sigin should be required or in simple wenever the contact get online and offline (all the day..) it shows all the histiory ( make no diffrence if v r online or not..)

-Categorized display picture panel so one can easily catogorise his display picture according to mood.....(it would be better if the catogories added in msn msnger display picturre panel)

-Personalised display picture for different contacts, (Shows our diferent display picture to different contact as v select for them) forexample u select cat dp for one contact and your own picture for other one and so on for other and one dp as default..:)

Well i hope u will like these features and insisit patchou to add some of them.. and i m also thinking for more feature i ll share them soon. i shared my ideas if any one want the he cn can modify to make them more intersting and more userfriendly....:)

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by John Anderton on 02-18-2005 at 07:29 AM

Idea 1 sounds so so (contacts online/offline on keeping cursor on sys tray icon)
Idea 2 and 3 i dont like that much imo (N)
Idea 4 sounds good (Y) (Cat. dp's)
I had tht of one more idea while reading but cant remember it now. When i do i'll edit this post and inform ya'll

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by f1d0d1d08989 on 02-18-2005 at 07:56 AM

I dont really quite understand it...But anyway:

Idea 2 and 3 is already available, according to what I understand from your post...

For your second idea, you can do that by clicking the Plus! menu, then Event Log Window...

And, the third idea, you can view the logs of your contacts by right-clicking it, and select 'View Message History', provided that you turn on Messenger's logging...

Also, for your first idea, wont you find it funny when you hover your Messenger icon in the taskbar and see a large yellow thingy coming out?

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by ShawnZ on 02-21-2005 at 02:47 PM

Idea 2 can be acheived just by opening your Event Log. but you can't log events while offline because there is no way to tell what's happening while offline.

Also, the first idea sounds very possible, but it might be a little big, so maby just a little (20 Contacts online) will sufice?

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Plik on 02-21-2005 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shezi_ali
-Personalised display picture for different contacts, (Shows our diferent display picture to different contact as v select for them) forexample u select cat dp for one contact and your own picture for other one and so on for other and one dp as default..
Impossable due to the way the protocol works
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by TGG on 02-21-2005 at 02:56 PM

quote:
-Personalised display picture for different contacts, (Shows our diferent display picture to different contact as v select for them) forexample u select cat dp for one contact and your own picture for other one and so on for other and one dp as default..

The Msn Protocol does not allow more than one display picture, so this is not possible
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Concord Dawn on 02-21-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGG
quote:

The Msn Protocol does not allow more than one display picture, so this is not possible

But it allows for multiple nicks? I do remember an app that let you set different nicks for different contacts.
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Plik on 02-21-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
quote:

But it allows for multiple nicks? I do remember an app that let you set different nicks for different contacts.
That was MyCustomNix by M_E.
That worked like stuffplug's chat only names, exept it changed the P4 header depending on the contact.
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by superjugy on 02-26-2005 at 02:55 AM

fuck the protocols, everything can be changed to disable the protocols. the main code or something like that.

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Wabz on 02-26-2005 at 04:23 PM

The first idea sounds cool :D

As does the last personalised Display Pictures would be awesome :d

RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Millenium_edition on 02-26-2005 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:
Impossable due to the way the protocol works
actually, it does... :wink:
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Anubis on 02-26-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:

it shows all the histiory ( make no diffrence if v r online or not..)
If you are not online, Messenger Plus! can not know if a contact goes offline...
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by dotNorma on 03-01-2005 at 03:16 AM

quote:

-When we place a mouse pointer to msn messenger icon in system tray is shows MSN Messenger - Signed In... its would be the better idea if it shows that How many contact are online and how many ofline etc... just like ..
Online : 12
Mobile : 5    (optional.)
Offline : 92
i think patchou have the capability to add this feature, and i hope patchou will add it in the next build..(if he like...   )

The idea has been discussed many times. However, I like the idea. (y)

quote:
-It would be more better if msgplus! show online offline history of the contact no sigin should be required or in simple wenever the contact get online and offline (all the day..) it shows all the histiory ( make no diffrence if v r online or not..)
Not possible due to protocol restriction.

quote:
-Categorized display picture panel so one can easily catogorise his display picture according to mood.....(it would be better if the catogories added in msn msnger display picturre panel)
I dont care much for this idea, I wouldn't use it. However, I am pretty sure there are other applications to do stuff like this on Mess.be

quote:
Personalised display picture for different contacts, (Shows our diferent display picture to different contact as v select for them) forexample u select cat dp for one contact and your own picture for other one and so on for other and one dp as default.

Good idea, Dont know how possible it is (y)
RE: Request of BLiNkInG feature.. by Chestah on 03-01-2005 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by superjugy
fuck the protocols, everything can be changed to disable the protocols. the main code or something like that.

Patchou will not modify the .exe of msn messenger to make this feature possible and via the methods of modifying code in the memory this is NOT possible as previously said due to the protocols.