Shoutbox

Weird - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Weird (/showthread.php?tid=38784)

Weird by kingboy on 02-19-2005 at 01:17 AM

OK...so i was at my friends house fixing his computer. I had to reinstall windows, no problem there. But i couldnt get his wireless router card to work, so i opened the case up and switched the slot it was in. Seemed to work. Right after we get it all going, a screw driver falls on the mother board(N) the computer shuts down :blah:  After 10 minuets of pressing the power button with no luck, we give up and go to eat. We come back and i say the hell with it and start poking the mother board with the screw driver. To my surprise, the computer booted :rofl: I thought for sure it was a goner! Weird no? :^)

RE: Weird by toddy on 02-19-2005 at 01:23 AM

you probably short circuited it or sum8, so not really that weirdo. more a safety precaution

RE: Weird by Edna Mode on 02-19-2005 at 01:23 AM

very odd, screwdrivers fix all with a single poke:lol:

RE: Weird by .blade// on 02-19-2005 at 01:24 AM

I have to ask - why the hell would you poke the motherboard with a screwdriver?

Anyways - if you don't know what's wrong then get it checked out bcz something's wrong with the system.

RE: RE: Weird by kingboy on 02-19-2005 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
I have to ask - why the hell would you poke the motherboard with a screwdriver?

Im craza!!!:P

quote:
Originally posted by blade
Anyways - if you don't know what's wrong then get it checked out bcz something's wrong with the system.

I did fix his system in the end, and no one wants to pay a guy 50-100 bucks to do something as simple as reinstall windows.
RE: Weird by SikStyles on 02-19-2005 at 05:15 AM

lol *poke* *poke* *ZAA..AAA..AAPP* *flyin across the room* *crash*

cud have gotten electrecuted

RE: Weird by ayjay on 02-20-2005 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kingboy
and start poking the mother board with the screw driver

:lol:

That just sounds so funny for some reason.
RE: Weird by user27089 on 02-20-2005 at 01:46 PM

Hahaha, thats a funny story, I generally only use the correct equipment when opening a computer, that includes a crazy little wrist band and a crocodile clip thing...

oh yeah!!! professional...

RE: Weird by user27089 on 02-20-2005 at 02:08 PM

Nah, not a wirst band like that, I think its to prevent short circuiting if you touch anything wrong, basically, its a static wrist band, and you clip the crocodile clip to the outer casing of the tower...

RE: Weird by user27089 on 02-20-2005 at 02:36 PM

I think you can buy them from shops like PC WORLD, or some small hardware shops, my uncle (the ones that I use) got his from over in Canada, when he worked for coretec incorporated building computers...