Shoutbox

Event Log Idle Bug? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Event Log Idle Bug? (/showthread.php?tid=38822)

Event Log Idle Bug? by S_W_A_T on 02-19-2005 at 06:27 PM

Event Log Idle Bug?
Hi guys, i want to report something unusual going on in my event log, some of my friends keep being idle and online every single second, which floods my event logs. I've ask them whether they got virus on thier com's and they say everything is fine. So i suspect its a bug. So far 3 of my msn users keep doing this, please advice on this, thanks in advanced.

Screenshot:
[Image: bug.gif]

Regards.
S_W_A_T

P/s: I've search the forum for any similar bugs like mine, but found nothing. And if there is a similar postage, im so sorry for creating another thread and could you guys kindly point the URL link to the steps of fixing it.

Messenger Plus Client Version: 3.25.106
MSN Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0205
Operating System: Windows XP Pro

RE: Event Log Idle Bug? by Supersonicdarky on 02-19-2005 at 06:35 PM

I've had that a couple months ago but it fixed it self :^)

another thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35...d=343472#pid343472

RE: Event Log Idle Bug? by Patchou on 02-19-2005 at 09:17 PM

This bug comes from the MSN Messenger server, Messenger Plus! just reports what MSN tells it to report :).

RE: Event Log Idle Bug? by S_W_A_T on 02-20-2005 at 02:19 AM

Ic... Ok then, thanks anyway... 8-)

RE: Event Log Idle Bug? by otto888 on 02-20-2005 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by S_W_A_T
Event Log Idle Bug?
Hi guys, i want to report something unusual going on in my event log, some of my friends keep being idle and online every single second, which floods my event logs. I've ask them whether they got virus on thier com's and they say everything is fine. So i suspect its a bug. So far 3 of my msn users keep doing this, please advice on this, thanks in advanced.

Screenshot:
[Image: bug.gif]

Regards.
S_W_A_T

P/s: I've search the forum for any similar bugs like mine, but found nothing. And if there is a similar postage, im so sorry for creating another thread and could you guys kindly point the URL link to the steps of fixing it.

Messenger Plus Client Version: 3.25.106
MSN Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0205
Operating System: Windows XP Pro

wow!:plus2: if it happens again up-grade to the beta 3.40
RE: Event Log Idle Bug? by saralk on 02-20-2005 at 06:02 PM

eh, Patchou just said that it is a problem with the server