Shoutbox

Same colour code. Different colours? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Same colour code. Different colours? (/showthread.php?tid=38876)

Same colour code. Different colours? by haydos on 02-20-2005 at 09:53 AM

I use custom names and colours in my contact list and have been for some time now. A friend of mine uses two emails so i use the same colour for both of his names in the list.

It was all working fine until recently. About a week or so ago one of the names changed colour from green to blue. I even renamed it green again but it stays at blue.
Pic attatched.
[Image: colours3aq.png]

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by ddunk on 02-20-2005 at 09:55 AM

Custom contact colors are overridden by colors that are in the persons nick, so remove all custom nicks and see if one of his still is in color.

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by Eljay on 02-20-2005 at 09:57 AM

notice his name is really 999 but the coloured nick says 99 which means the 9 is added to the colour code and effects the custom color :)

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by haydos on 02-20-2005 at 09:58 AM

no he doesnt have custom colours but i have worked it out... its actually a bug.

If you notice in the blue name it should begin with 999 but the first 9 has become part of the custom colour:S (i.e it has changed from 3 to 39. Maybe patchou would like to do something about this in the future.

EDIT: haha lee jeffery is 2 quik:P

Edit2: If you put a space between the 3 and the (!N) it works fine:)

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by Eljay on 02-20-2005 at 10:02 AM

all you have to do is put a space between the colour code and name to fix the problem :)

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by haydos on 02-20-2005 at 10:12 AM

yea read my edit:)
i beat you with that 1:P

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by RaceProUK on 02-20-2005 at 01:31 PM

Or make the colour code '03', then you won't have the space.

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by CookieRevised on 02-20-2005 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
(i.e it has changed from 3 to 39. Maybe patchou would like to do something about this in the future.)
No, he wont. This is by design and is very logical. Other programs which use the same technique (mIRC) have the same 'problem'. Colorcode indexes should normaly be 2 digits, not 1 digit like most people use. The proper format of a colorcode index is:
##,##
2 digits for the foreground color, 2 digits for the background

RE: Same colour code. Different colours? by haydos on 02-20-2005 at 04:20 PM

I posted the idea before i realised it could be changed with a space or 03, i realise now that the method works well as it is. No complaints here