Shoutbox

opening links in msn window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: opening links in msn window (/showthread.php?tid=38922)

opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 01:26 AM

well the thing is i cant open any links in msn window, i have to go to google and paste it over there and then search it because when i click the link in msn
this appears.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=387253]
i used to sign in with and later on i cud see the link but it had automatic sing in and i dont know the password as it got erased some how.. this is my cousins computer and she doesnt know the password either only sme lady in wisconsin knows...dont ask me why/how..i dont know .. i know know that the password got erased and i cant use it anymore.. so i was wondering is there anyway in msn u can make it go to firefox instead of going thru that SBC Yahoo thingy

plz help..coping and pasting in google bothers me very much :/

RE: opening links in msn window by Concord Dawn on 02-21-2005 at 03:39 AM

SPNG 2.

RE: RE: opening links in msn window by Veggie on 02-21-2005 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
SPNG 2.

What a helpful post (y)

You could try reseting your default browser also, but im not sure how it will affect your yahoo account window thing.
RE: opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 08:15 PM

SPNG 2? :S

RE: opening links in msn window by ProblemWv Authority on 02-21-2005 at 08:27 PM

First (if you have Windows XP(sorry don't know how in another server)) go to the "Start" menu and "All Programs" and at the top there should be "Set Program Access And Defaults". Go Into that and go on custom or another one you like bst and chose which browser you want to be your default.
Then get StuffPlug NG 2 and in options select open links in default browser.;)

RE: opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 09:17 PM

k here is the thing
i download the SPNG 2 and i dont have that set program access and program defaults bar at all programs list

RE: opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 09:27 PM

well turns out my cousins computer (the one im on always) is XP HOME EDITION! :(

any way i can change the default browser settings in HOME edition?

RE: opening links in msn window by lizard.boy on 02-21-2005 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
well turns out my cousins computer (the one im on always) is XP HOME EDITION!

any way i can change the default browser settings in HOME edition?

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
First (if you have Windows XP(sorry don't know how in another server)) go to the "Start" menu and "All Programs" and at the top there should be "Set Program Access And Defaults". Go Into that and go on custom or another one you like bst and chose which browser you want to be your default.
Then get StuffPlug NG 2 and in options select open links in default browser.

windows xp home edition is windows xp ;)
RE: opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 09:59 PM

XP Pro and Home are different and Home doesnt have set access and default brower bar in start>all programs

RE: opening links in msn window by Plik on 02-21-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
XP Pro and Home are different and Home doesnt have set access and default brower bar in start>all programs
My pro doesnt have it there :chrongue:

Try Control panel>>Add/Remove Programs>>Set program access and defaults
RE: opening links in msn window by ShawnZ on 02-21-2005 at 10:48 PM

I think home edition has it there, my pro never used to untill i got SP1 though :P

RE: opening links in msn window by SikStyles on 02-21-2005 at 11:04 PM

hehe dudes it was easier than i thought...all i had to do is go to firefox>tools>options>general> and set it as my default browser :P

RE: opening links in msn window by Concord Dawn on 02-22-2005 at 12:10 AM

You shouldn't ever use an ISP that needs you to install software, for simple reasons like that. AOL is a prime example.