Shoutbox

Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work (/showthread.php?tid=38934)

Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Ahmad on 02-21-2005 at 08:51 AM

Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work:

20."That's weird..."
    19. "It's never done that before."
    18. "It worked yesterday."
    17. "How is that possible?"
    16. "It must be a hardware problem."
    15. "What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?"
    14. "There is something funky in your data."
    13. "I haven't touched that module in weeks!"
    12. "You must have the wrong version."
    11. "It's just some unlucky coincidence."
    10. "I can't test everything!"
    9. "THIS can't be the source of THAT."
    8. "It works, but it hasn't been tested."
    7. "Somebody must have changed my code."
    6. "Did you check for a virus on your system?"
    5. "Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?
    4. "You can't use that version on your system."
    3. "Why do you want to do it that way?"
    2. "Where were you when the program blew up?"

And the Number One Reply by Programmers when their programs don't
work:

1. "It works on my machine"

I must admit, I have used a few of those :P

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Ash_ on 02-21-2005 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmz_055

i use that one a bit :dodgy: :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Eljay on 02-21-2005 at 09:31 AM

quote:

thats the best :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Stigmata on 02-21-2005 at 09:32 AM

what about

'Who actually uses windows 9x?'

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Eljay on 02-21-2005 at 09:34 AM

and you also missed out "its not a bug, its a feature"

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Pipish on 02-21-2005 at 09:43 AM

Sounds like the beta testing forum ;)

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Eljay on 02-21-2005 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
Sounds like the beta testing forum ;)

:-#
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by John Anderton on 02-21-2005 at 09:46 AM

quote:
20."That's weird..."
    19. "It's never done that before."
    17. "How is that possible?"
    16. "It must be a hardware problem."
    15. "What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?"
    14. "There is something funky in your data."
    13. "I haven't touched that module in weeks!"
    12. "You must have the wrong version."
    11. "It's just some unlucky coincidence."
    10. "I can't test everything!"
    9. "THIS can't be the source of THAT."
    8. "It works, but it hasn't been tested."
    7. "Somebody must have changed my code."
    6. "Did you check for a virus on your system?"
    5. "Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?
    4. "You can't use that version on your system."
    3. "Why do you want to do it that way?"
    2. "Where were you when the program blew up?"
Seriously :lol:
Many of them were what i would imagine that someone would say :P
Really good :D

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by -dt- on 02-21-2005 at 09:56 AM

lol i normally use "works for me and xxx so the problem must be you :P " which is basicly the "it works on my machine" one

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Eljay on 02-21-2005 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
lol i normally use "works for me and xxx so the problem must be you :P " which is basicly the "it works on my machine" one

thats the equivalent of "the problem lies between your screen and your chair" :grin:
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by John Anderton on 02-21-2005 at 10:04 AM

quote:
lol i normally use "works for me and xxx so the problem must be you " which is basicly the "it works on my machine" one
Used it once on me when the mysql database wasnt being made :dodgy: But it was my fault that time :$
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Chrono on 02-21-2005 at 10:53 AM

you forgot "it's Messenger Plus!' fault" :P

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Eljay on 02-21-2005 at 11:51 AM

Noob: "My computer wont start, please help"
Chrono: "well disable messenger plus and try again"

:cheesy:

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Sunshine on 02-21-2005 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
you forgot "it's Messenger Plus!' fault" :P
Lol yeah, or basicly it's some other program causing it (MSN - Plus! is causing it, Pluginmakers - It's Plus! fault....etc.)

:rofl:

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by paperless on 02-21-2005 at 02:40 PM

:lol:

Some of them can be true sometimes..im not a tester or anything but i also had to reply something seemed with thatwhen something didnt work in other pc and in mine did...

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by toddy on 02-21-2005 at 02:54 PM

wonder how many of these patchou has used :P

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Fraisie on 02-21-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

Acutally, he's pretty honnest... what he'd say the most often would be "It's possible..."
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Concord Dawn on 02-21-2005 at 03:30 PM

My favourite is:

"It worked on my machine."

That way I can blame the computer and not me. :D

Goes back to that "Do what I want, not what I say!" era.

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Sunshine on 02-21-2005 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
Acutally, he's pretty honnest... what he'd say the most often would be "It's possible..."
Yep, "it's possible..." is always correct :D

I bet he researches lots to find out what it is, sleepless nights if he can't find it too (i know i loose sleep over things i can't figure out).
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Jhrono on 02-21-2005 at 03:46 PM

quote:
i normally use "works for me and xxx so the problem must be you "

That one pwns :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Belleza Fria on 02-24-2005 at 01:09 PM

:D Well my classmates usually blame it on the school's poor computers or say that it worked yesterday. Personally I use "it works on my machine" ...because it CERTAINLY does!!!

RE: RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by nemo on 02-26-2005 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
quote:

i use that one a bit :dodgy: :P

It's all true, but when you're like "it works" he's all :pound:

I don't relate to this thread in anyway, I just wanted to use the pound emot. :dodgy:

I actually remember about everyone using atleast one of those in computing last  year.
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Purity on 02-26-2005 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
Noob: "My computer wont start, please help"
Chrono: "well disable messenger plus and try again"

:cheesy:
:rofl: I get a kick out of this thread.... where you find this?
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by haydos on 02-26-2005 at 07:02 AM

reply #21
You installed the optional sponser program:P

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by XM4ST3RX on 02-26-2005 at 09:47 AM

Hi,

Chat between programmer and program user.

User says:
  When ever i press X, it crashes :(

XM4ST3RX Thinks...
  :S

XM4ST3RX says:
  Errr, try rebooting, that will help.

User says:
  Oh ok, wont be 2 minutes..

User is now offline.

XM4ST3RX is now offline.

...2 minutes later

User is now online.

User Thinks...
  errr, where the heck he gone ?

hehe, a classic one :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Weyzza on 02-26-2005 at 09:56 AM

#22. Err... That must be our newbie's fault.

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Ahmad on 02-26-2005 at 10:01 AM

I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of... "it's not a bug, my software develops random new features" :p

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by John Anderton on 02-26-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of... "it's not a bug, my software develops random new features"

:lol: Thats one of the best :P
RE: RE: Personalised Status Freeze by haydos on 02-26-2005 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
thsiis unfortunately a problem on Microsoft's side :).

adds this 1 to 20 best excuses for programers :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by TheBlasphemer on 02-26-2005 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by toddy

Or he'd say "I think this is StuffPlug's fault" :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by John Anderton on 02-26-2005 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer

Or he'd say "I think this is StuffPlug's fault" :P
:P
I wonder what u say TB. U cant say that its Plus!' fault or can u ^o) :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
thsiis unfortunately a problem on Microsoft's side .
adds this 1 to 20 best excuses for programers
Ya add it :P Thats a good one too :P
RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by Ash_ on 02-26-2005 at 02:05 PM

your soundcard doesent support my graphics rendering function :refuck:

:P

RE: Top 20 replies by Programmers to Testers when their programs don't work by John Anderton on 02-26-2005 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
your soundcard doesent support my graphics rendering function
Good one never thought of that one :lol:
The programmer could put a message like "U need more ram" for an error message :rolleyes: :grin: