Shoutbox

Word Filtering and Custom Names - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Word Filtering and Custom Names (/showthread.php?tid=38968)

Word Filtering and Custom Names by marcla on 02-21-2005 at 10:55 PM

Hi

I just know this has been posted before but I can find it.  Looked in the FAQ and searched the Site.

Question: I want to remove the complete address line in im Address/name bar when chating... 

Example:
To: Marc Smith <MarcSmith@Hotmail.com>

i dont want to see the real name of this person.  Can this be done?

Thanks,
Marc

RE: Word Filtering and Custom Names by user27089 on 02-21-2005 at 10:58 PM

If you use custom names, then you can set a name for them other than their real names, to do so, on the contact list, go to plus! > preferences > contact list, and in their, you can set custom names for contacts...

alternative method of custom names:

right click them in the contact list, go to 'Messenger Plus! Extras... > Set Custom Contact Name'

RE: Word Filtering and Custom Names by ShawnZ on 02-21-2005 at 10:58 PM

You can hide peoples nicknames by selecting "Contacts : Manage Contacts : View Contacts By : Email Address" from your contacts list.

RE: Word Filtering and Custom Names by marcla on 02-21-2005 at 11:10 PM

No what i mean is once you start a IM Chat you get at the top of the Chat box a complete Person Name and Email address of that person.. If you use a custom name then the name get changed but not the address.

Example again is:

To: Marc La Pierre <MarclaFoo@hotmail.com>  i want to replace that whole tag with Sally Smith <Sally_Smith@Hotmail.com>  i dont want anything showing up there..  That is why I was trying to use Word Filtering too.

Does that help and thanks for the quick replies wow