Shoutbox

Port Forwarding/ADSL Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help (/showthread.php?tid=38989)

Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by Ash_ on 02-22-2005 at 07:17 AM

ok like 2 days ago i got ADSL, and p2p (legal i swear :P) is only downloading at like 10-20kbps, im ona 1.5mbps account which roughly equates to 186kbps real download. HTTP Downloads (like the Pure Pwnage episodes) download at full speed but not p2p. I understand you can only download as fast as someone can send it, but every couple of hours i get a speed burst of about up to 80-120kbps which is alot better than 10-20 :/.

i need to forward some ports someone told me i was just wondering which ports i should forward. and if theres any other answers to these problems

thanks in advance

RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by -dt- on 02-22-2005 at 08:49 AM

well what programs do you use heres a list of common ports and what programs use them
http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by toddy on 02-22-2005 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
ok like 2 days ago i got ADSL, and p2p (legal i swear :P) is only downloading at like 10-20kbps, im ona 1.5mbps account which roughly equates to 186kbps real download. HTTP Downloads (like the Pure Pwnage episodes) download at full speed but not p2p. I understand you can only download as fast as someone can send it, but every couple of hours i get a speed burst of about up to 80-120kbps which is alot better than 10-20 :/.

i need to forward some ports someone told me i was just wondering which ports i should forward. and if theres any other answers to these problems

thanks in advance

would help if you told us what program your downloading with :rolleyes:
RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by Ash_ on 02-22-2005 at 01:24 PM

it's ok for most things now. Ares works great now, but my bittorrent client (ABC) is still only downloading at 1.4kbps i've forwarded all the ports and everything.

RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by toddy on 02-22-2005 at 01:31 PM

quote:
it's ok for most things now. Ares works great now, but my bittorrent client (ABC) is still only downloading at 1.4kbps i've forwarded all the ports and everything.

well if your downloading something that not many other people have then u won't be ablew to get a good download speed
RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by segosa on 02-22-2005 at 02:59 PM

quote:

My suggestion here is to screw ABC. The client is horrible, and you need forward about 200 ports. When I had it the download speed was awful even though I had ports forwarded.

Get Azureus. It's the best Bittorrent client in my opinion and all you need is one port forwarded. By default this is 6881 (I believe) and once it's forwarded, the client will work perfectly.
RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by Ash_ on 02-23-2005 at 10:54 AM

the thanks Segosa i'll use that, test it for my next file.

cheers [Image: attachment.php?pid=377363]

RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by Pyroteq on 02-23-2005 at 11:00 AM

Azueras is full of crap you dont need. I use BitComet, i reccomend that after using azureus.. Dont notice much of a difference in speed

RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by alewington on 02-25-2005 at 09:56 AM

i use shareaza its great!

RE: RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by Ash_ on 02-25-2005 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alewington
i use shareaza its great!

thanks for the info (Y).

but is that for torrents or just some crap like Kazaa ?
RE: Port Forwarding/ADSL Help by -dt- on 02-25-2005 at 12:45 PM

quote:
thanks for the info (Y).

but is that for torrents or just some crap like Kazaa ?

crap like kazza :P blah I dont have a problem with ABC i prefer it over azueras and forwarding a port range isnt all that hard.