Shoutbox

Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) (/showthread.php?tid=38994)

Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Jhrono on 02-22-2005 at 03:53 PM

Well there was a thread about his and some proposals where shown...but there was a main point that everybody wanted and wasnt achieved :

Nobody Would Loose their current Title...

So i did that and here's the result :

1 Star New Member: Minimum 0 posts
2 Stars Junior Member: Minimum 10 posts
3 Stars Aspiring Member: Minimum 40 posts
4 Stars Full Member: Minimum : 80 posts
5 Stars Addicted Member: Minimum : 160 posts
6 Stars Senior Member: Minimum : 250 posts
7 Stars Popular Member: Minimun : 500 posts
8 Stars Posting Freak: Minimum : 750 posts
9 Stars Dedicated Member: Minimum : 1000 posts
10 Stars Legendary Member: Minimum : 2500 posts
11 Stars Elite Member
12 Stars Moderator
13 Stars Super Moderator
14 Stars Administrator
15 Stars The Creator

----
Problem Number 1...Whenever a Dedicated member or the ones ahead of him post,  the user column will go from 153 to 283 due to the stars...what you can do is display the stars like this (example 4 patchou) :
[Image: star.gif] x 8
And Bellow...
[Image: star.gif] x 7
8+7=15 Problem solved :D...It won't be 150 pixels...
With this Method the only members that will do down from their recent title are those that currently are full members who have from 50 posts until 79 that will go down to Aspiring member...no stress guys;) you'll get to 80 in no time...

Please Post comments..

Btw i didnt post The stars cause we arent allowed to post so many images LOL:P

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by andrey on 02-22-2005 at 04:08 PM

up to 15 stars ??
waaaay too much...

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Wabz on 02-22-2005 at 04:10 PM

I honestly think that this won't work very well.

I think adding two new groups at most would be suitable otherwise people end up with silly amounts of stars and thats not what the boards are about.  Its nice to have stars and cool titles to aim too.  But we don't want to forget that we're here to help / be helped

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Anubis on 02-22-2005 at 04:16 PM

New ranks, yes, I agree, however more stars I don't think so. Not every new rank needs a new star, tehy could just stay the same for a while. Or even a smaller star without the blue edge  for some ranks like this...
1 Mini Star New Member: Minimum 0 posts
1 Full Stars Junior Member: Minimum 10 posts
For example in the Navy, when you reach the rank of Lt. you have two striples, when you hit Lt. Cmdr. You get 2 and a half, when you hit Cmdr. you get 3...

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Jhrono on 02-22-2005 at 04:16 PM

Wabz...your message was like a patriot speaking to all his country population...and it got me to go down to reality...that way is kind of stupid...nevermind it...

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by user27089 on 02-22-2005 at 04:51 PM

I think that what we have is okay at the moment, we need one more and thats it, it should be when you hit 3000 posts...

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by RaceProUK on 02-22-2005 at 06:44 PM

I'd prefer 2000 posts... and that way, you'd already have it.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Kryptonate on 02-22-2005 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
7 Stars Popular Member: Minimun : 500 posts
what does posting a lot have to do with being popular? *-)
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by wj on 02-22-2005 at 07:06 PM

How about we just put in little spam icons in place of the stars once you pass 1000 posts.

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Pr0xY on 02-22-2005 at 07:07 PM

Johnny, we dont need 6 new user titles, we were only going to add one or two.  Once again, heres my recommendation....

[Image: star.gif]New Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
[Image: two%20stars.jpg]Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 15)
[Image: three%20stars.jpg]Full Member (Minimum Posts: 50)
[Image: four%20stars.jpg]Plus! Fan (Minimum Posts: 200)
[Image: five%20stars.jpg]Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
[Image: six%20stars.jpg]Plus! Fanatic (Minimum Posts: 800)
[Image: Seven%20stars.jpg]Posting Freak (Minimum Posts: 1200)
And from here the Forum Staff user titles would start...

Like WDZ said, the title Posting Freak will be the highest a non forum staff member can get.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by WDZ on 02-22-2005 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Plus! Fan (Minimum Posts: 200)
Most of the people who post here a lot are Plus! Fans, so I dunno how much sense that would make. :-/ Also, having "Plus! *" mixed in among "* Member" is inconsistent.
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Chrono on 02-22-2005 at 07:11 PM

maybe we should just make it "a bit harder" to get the actual titles..

New Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 30
Full Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
Posting Freak (Minimum Posts: 1000)

^^ you get the idea, you could increase the minimum posts needed even more.. i think we did that once already, aint i right wdz?

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Snake on 02-22-2005 at 09:14 PM

I think you guys should add in maby 2 more groups cuz like 15 stars is just stupid it would make the board look ugly and messed up lol

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Vazza on 02-22-2005 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
maybe we should just make it "a bit harder" to get the actual titles..

New Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 30
Full Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
Posting Freak (Minimum Posts: 1000)

I'd agree with Chrono, but then, is there a chance that by increasing the number needed, this would encourage more :spam: ? Maybe its just me.....
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Pr0xY on 02-24-2005 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Plus! Fan (Minimum Posts: 200)
Most of the people who post here a lot are Plus! Fans, so I dunno how much sense that would make. :-/ Also, having "Plus! *" mixed in among "* Member" is inconsistent.
Well then lets come up with one of two user titles taht would make you happy. 

I dont think just changing the minimum post counts for each user title is enough, we should get atleast one more user title.  This forum has been here for 3 years now, I think its time for a change in the user titles. 

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by saralk on 02-24-2005 at 06:13 PM

maybe we should do away with stars that increase with post counts, and have stars based on reputation?

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by user27089 on 02-24-2005 at 06:23 PM

I agree with chrono and agree that 15 stars is seriously over the top, I think that we only need 1 new user title, and that should be at like 3000 posts or something, but come up with something original, and not with the word 'Plus!' in it at all, something fun.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Plik on 02-24-2005 at 07:29 PM

Msgplus fanatic
or
Forum obsessive

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by fluffy_lobster on 02-24-2005 at 07:45 PM

I don't think any more ranks are needed - the more stars the uglier.

I suggest Posting Freak is bumped to say 1000 or 1500, and maybe Senior Member is bumped up too.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Stigmata on 02-24-2005 at 07:51 PM

maybe a extra one could be added

but this could be for doing something else then posts

like forum helper or something.

voted by staff+elites maybe?

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by fluffy_lobster on 02-24-2005 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
maybe a extra one could be added

but this could be for doing something else then posts

like forum helper or something.

voted by staff+elites maybe?
complicated enough? :rolleyes:

We already have enough features to give the forum its character imho.  Unless there's a functional need let's leave it there, otherwise where do we stop?

Next there'll be a 'forum shop' and an in-forum rpg. Who knows, we may be able to Nudge other forum users :p

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Purity on 02-24-2005 at 11:17 PM

I think there should be more groups, and he never said 15 stars... Don't hte mod and admin have the same ## of stars?

This is a good Idea IMO.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Omar on 02-25-2005 at 01:33 AM

A new usertitle at 4000 posts....

"I live here"

:P

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Moo on 02-25-2005 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omfg...Omar
A new usertitle at 4000 posts....

"I live here"

:P
nah... Post Whore!
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Plik on 02-25-2005 at 01:46 AM

Perhaps they can join Omar as "spammin members" :refuck:

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by XM4ST3RX on 02-25-2005 at 03:15 AM

Hi,

I dont think many people really take notice, so wouldnt bother many members if it said "I Stink Of Poo!" as their user title :P...

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Stigmata on 02-25-2005 at 05:17 PM

XM4ST3RX, trust me they do :D

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Pr0xY on 02-25-2005 at 07:08 PM

I actually like "I live here" or "Spammin' Member!"

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by crank on 02-25-2005 at 07:10 PM

Why stars :s
there are other things
like a bar that fills up when you get more posts with about 1000 posts = full bar and the color of the bar's filling color depends on the title eg. gold for admins, silver for mods and bronze/brown for elites and keep the titles ;)
It's stupid but it's an idea isn't it?

RE: RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Titty on 02-25-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Johnny, we dont need 6 new user titles, we were only going to add one or two.  Once again, heres my recommendation....

[Image: star.gif]New Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
[Image: two%20stars.jpg]Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 15)
[Image: three%20stars.jpg]Full Member (Minimum Posts: 50)
[Image: four%20stars.jpg]Plus! Fan (Minimum Posts: 200)
[Image: five%20stars.jpg]Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
[Image: six%20stars.jpg]Plus! Fanatic (Minimum Posts: 800)
[Image: Seven%20stars.jpg]Posting Freak (Minimum Posts: 1200)
And from here the Forum Staff user titles would start...

Like WDZ said, the title Posting Freak will be the highest a non forum staff member can get.

I haven't read any other ideas towards this idea, but this one sounds good.   Fifteen posts to be a Junior Member sounds right, and 50 for full memeber.. etc...

Also, does it have to be stars? lol.
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by RaceProUK on 02-25-2005 at 07:55 PM

Stars are OK, a bar is OK. TBH, I'm not that bothered which of those it is.

Anyway, as a user title, I'd like something a bit better than 'Posting Freak'.
How about 'Plugin Coder'? I'd like that, and I'm sure other developers would like that too.

EDIT: In fact, the title can stay 'Posting Freak'. The 'Plugin Coder' could be one of those sticker-things instead.

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Dempsey on 02-25-2005 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
How about 'Plugin Coder'? I'd like that, and I'm sure other developers would like that too.
Yea that would be cool, but who would decide who gets to have it?  People whove got someting in the plugins db?  actually i spose that would work
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by RaceProUK on 02-25-2005 at 08:06 PM

Exactly!

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by lopardo on 02-25-2005 at 08:16 PM

quote:
I'd like that too :)
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Omar on 02-25-2005 at 08:17 PM

quote:

Leave my usertitle alone... :mipdodgy:
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by RaceProUK on 02-25-2005 at 11:52 PM

That's a point... did DZ change it for you?

RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Moo on 02-25-2005 at 11:53 PM

quote:
D'uh... :P
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Omar on 02-26-2005 at 12:56 AM

quote:

Nah... fishy asked wj to do it... :P
RE: Definitive Proposal for User Titles (decent) by Pr0xY on 02-28-2005 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omfg...Omar
quote:

Leave my usertitle alone... :mipdodgy:
No... :p

Well what about adding the user title "I live here" after "Posting Freak!".  And then change the stars to something else, cause starts are old now, and I've only been here 2 years (damn, has it really been that long?)