Shoutbox

Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted (/showthread.php?tid=38996)

Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by moo113 on 02-22-2005 at 06:25 PM

I've run into a weird problem on two of my machines. On one, I have MSN 7 BETA and MSGPlus 3.40.112 BETA and the other I have MSN 6.2.2 and MSGPlus 3.25 running.

Just recently I've noticed a change in all of my chat logs. They have been changed somehow from it's original and now all of my logs are in Comic Sans MS 12pt and are not properly formatted. Example:

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session Start: Thursday, August 12, 2004                           |
| Participants:                                                      |
|    Bob (bob@email.com)                   |
|    Joe (Joe@email.com)                                   |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

And that's just one example.

Why has this happened and why to every log? I love my chat logs, I've been using them since late 2003 (45MB of .txt files). I don't seem to remember what the original font was, either.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

RE: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by Plik on 02-22-2005 at 06:29 PM

If the logs open in notepade this is because your notepad font has changed.
In notepad go to Format>>Font... And change the font to "Lucidia consol", and the size to 10.

TXT files dont have the ablility to use different fonts,

RE: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by lopardo on 02-22-2005 at 06:31 PM

Chat logs are saved in plain text format (that is, with no defined font or size). You're probably viewing them with Notepad, to change the font, go to Format > Font. In Windows XP, the default font is Lucida Console, size 10.

You could also use my Log Viewer, which allows you to customize some viewing options. :)

RE: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by moo113 on 02-23-2005 at 08:45 PM

Here's the thing. I have a whole lot of chat logs (As I said, 45MB+ of .txt files over 2 years) and I really don't want to go in and change them manually.

Any other solutions?

RE: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by user27089 on 02-23-2005 at 08:48 PM

You should just use log viewer, it would be the simplest way of doing so, I don't think that by changing the font type it will change them all, you can try though ;).

RE: Chat Logs wrong font, size, incorrectly formatted by lopardo on 02-24-2005 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by moo113
Here's the thing. I have a whole lot of chat logs (As I said, 45MB+ of .txt files over 2 years) and I really don't want to go in and change them manually.

Any other solutions?

Did you read my post? Just change the font in Notepad, close it, and then every log you open will have that font. Txt files don't have any formatting themselves, it's the program you open them with which displays them with a specified font. And listen to traxor and use Log Viewer. ;)