Shoutbox

Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 (/showthread.php?tid=39048)

Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by mad_onion on 02-23-2005 at 09:25 PM

this is quite intersting i thought some people might like to read it and discuss.:)
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7_preview_1.asp

it has some good info but no screenshots because well it doesnt exist yet. but i think we can all imagine what ie6 looks like so...:P

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by Caboose on 02-23-2005 at 10:24 PM

Well, it looks like Microsoft is finally starting to open its eyes. I've been rather impressed with them lately.

I just hope I can download it though... what with the Genuine Advantage thing they're doing :S

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by _Humphreys on 02-23-2005 at 10:42 PM

IE 7 is the right step in the right direction for Microsoft. Instead of looking at what other developers have made (ie : Firefox and Opera) they are looking at the most important thing which is sercurity. IE 7 should be a good browser for the sercurity and then sercurity alone.

They also realise that sercurity can't sell a browser to it's users which is why they are making other features such as Tabbed browsing. They shouldn't build the broswer around these features though.

IE 7 won't be the best browser for a number of reasons but it will be a damm good browser.

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by ~INVASION~ on 02-23-2005 at 11:01 PM

i think that when they make ie one big option that would be nice is being able to have themes incase you want variety. The security is deffinately a big issue and i think that they keep getting better and better but i still havnt got sp2 cause it crashed my comp last time :@

Ill still use firefox tho cause i bet once microsoft is complete ie7 firefox will beat it with a new and better version that will own ie

thats just what i think :P

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by The_Thief on 02-24-2005 at 02:30 AM

I'm still not sure.  Until the fix all the security bugs I'll stick with firefox

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by EvilSeph on 02-24-2005 at 02:34 AM

I hate this damn topic's name...

It keeps making me think that Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 has been released and is available for us to download -_- >_<

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by Purity on 02-24-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
IE 7 will probably include new features. I know for a fact that Microsoft is working on implementing tabbed browsing and other new features in the version of IE 7 that will ship in Longhorn. Will tabbed browsing and other new features ship in the standalone IE 7 that Microsoft plans to release for XP SP2 users? My guess is yes.

I remember someone mentioning(on the forum) that tabbed browsing was one of the last things Microsoft would give us.
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by Pipish on 02-24-2005 at 06:09 AM

Smart move by microsoft making the beta only avalible to sp2 i am sure if they wanted to could put it in sp1 but this will gives users more reason to upgrade

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by user13774 on 02-24-2005 at 07:52 AM

I think you should change the topic title.....
There is no preview 'beta' and no screenshots :dodgy:...

Still... I hope they add a few of the features everybody likes to see in IE, such as download manager...

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by user27089 on 02-24-2005 at 07:59 AM

I simply thought we were going to get screenshots, anyway, nice read there :p... I can't wait until it comes out, maybe they'll have some secret features or something :)...

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by The_Thief on 02-24-2005 at 04:17 PM

I think this new IE will be interesting but not everyone had SP2 on the XP machine because of all the problems it has.  I hope to god microsoft will allow everyone to download it regardless of the SP or lack of it.

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Preview 1 by EvilSeph on 02-24-2005 at 05:24 PM

Perhaps they will..but even so, that doesn't help security. SP2 was created to combat most of the known SP1 security holes. If you don't install it, what's the difference whether you can or cannot install Internet Explorer 7? You're still at risk...