Shoutbox

small new feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: small new feature (/showthread.php?tid=39110)

small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 02:28 AM

there should be an auto decline feature, to decline all requests

RE: small new feature by aNILEator on 02-25-2005 at 02:47 AM

Simple enough i suppose, i don't see why you would want to decline all requests, makes you a bit anti-social don't ya think?

RE: small new feature by Concord Dawn on 02-25-2005 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Simple enough i suppose, i don't see why you would want to decline all requests, makes you a bit anti-social don't ya think?

Suppose you're paranoid and/or are already anti-social? :rolleyes:

I'd like to see this feature, with the option of auto declining to certain contacts.
RE: small new feature by L. Coyote on 02-25-2005 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Well, each person has their reasons, I suppose. ;)

I'd like to see that too. Seems like an useful idea, to combine it with the auto-accept one. (Y)
RE: small new feature by XM4ST3RX on 02-25-2005 at 03:11 AM

Hi,

Don't suppose it would be a bad feature... but it's a bit kinda pointless, because that contact cannot start any app's until he/she accepts them anyways... so he/she could simply decline or ignore the request.

But i suppose Plus! wouldnt get anywhere without people requesting new features and giving Patchou new idea's... good post :)!

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 03:12 AM

my reason is that if theres a contact i know for sure has a virus and keeps sending it to me, i don't want to accedently accept it, trust me it almost happend

RE: small new feature by ddunk on 02-25-2005 at 03:14 AM

Just accepting the virus won't do any harm, just be sure not look over your Recieved files folder and delete anything that seems off. Also, iirc, Matty is thinking about adding a feature to his plugin which enables the user to automatically block specific filetypes (ie *.pif)

RE: small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 03:18 AM

all good points but the truth is, i'm extreamly lazy:P, and like features that make life simpler:P

RE: small new feature by dotNorma on 02-25-2005 at 04:06 AM

Something useful might be a "/decline" command...

RE: small new feature by aNILEator on 02-25-2005 at 04:09 AM

whats wrong with clicking decline or ALT+D?

:P

RE: small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 04:10 AM

well if your not at the computer, like i sit on my bed and i'm tired of having to get up to decline things i KNOW are viruses, and since patchou already has the auto accept feature done, wouldn't it just be a matter of like copying and pasting a little code, and tweaking it alittle?

i'd say 5-10 minutes of programing maybe another 10 to test it, but then again i don't know how he has it code layed out so...

RE: small new feature by user27089 on 02-25-2005 at 08:49 AM

Well, you can't really say '5-10 minutes of coding' because there is a high chance it would definitely take longer than that, Patchou doesn't really have any time to waste, he has lists of features that he wants to add to msgplus, and as you may know, the upcoming version 3.50 has finished coding and is now only in the beta testing stage, so he won't add anything extra, only fix things.

If anything, it will be a plugin that will only decline certain filetypes, as that would be more useful, especially if you can add the file extensions of what you want to automatically decline.

RE: small new feature by ZrednaZ on 02-25-2005 at 10:09 AM

What's the use of a feature like that? :S
Simply DON'T click accept and you get the exact same result...

RE: small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
no you don't have the exact same effect, you have an active file transfer that you could mistakenly press alt + C for another file besides whats the point of auto accept then?

RE: small new feature by Concord Dawn on 02-25-2005 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
no you don't have the exact same effect, you have an active file transfer that you could mistakenly press alt + C for another file besides whats the point of auto accept then?

?? Huh??
RE: small new feature by NiteMare on 02-25-2005 at 11:21 PM

nevermind, i think its a good idea