Shoutbox

Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? (/showthread.php?tid=39166)

Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 01:21 AM

:( There are many many companys out there who like to pay programmers each month to add spyware to their programs but why has this got to happen with msg plus. I know you can try uninstal lthe bundled software but it dont always work and i have had to format lots of times due to this "socal bundled software" companys who want companys like msgplus to add their spyware to their programs is silly! and i think people who make this bundled software should be sewed to hell!. I like Msg Plus alot but i wish you can offer a Spyware Free Installer on the next release (Y)

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Joa on 02-26-2005 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vb_packets
:( There are many many companys out there who like to pay programmers each month to add spyware to their programs but why has this got to happen with msg plus. I know you can try uninstal lthe bundled software but it dont always work and i have had to format lots of times due to this "socal bundled software" companys who want companys like msgplus to add their spyware to their programs is silly! and i think people who make this bundled software should be sewed to hell!. I like Msg Plus alot but i wish you can offer a Spyware Free Installer on the next release (Y)

you have an option not to install the sponsor
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Ahmad on 02-26-2005 at 01:23 AM

quote:

And it's not spyware, it's adware -- there's a BIG difference, and like Joanna said, you have the option to REFUSE to install the sponsor - it will still install MsgPlus! :)

Also, please check this link for instructions on how to uninstall the sponsor:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 01:26 AM

i did refuse but it installed it anyway. It is called DLL Injection and its used alot for programs like Msg Plus and YTunnelPro

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by juanfrank11 on 02-26-2005 at 01:30 AM

quote:
i did refuse but it installed it anyway. It is called DLL Injection and its used alot for programs like Msg Plus and YTunnelPro
I really dont think that DLL is from the sponsor :/
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by L. Coyote on 02-26-2005 at 01:36 AM

More so, MsgPlus! is not a company. Messenger Plus! is the product of a single man, who we call Patchou. (Y) He had quit his job to work full-time on MsgPlus! and in order to not starve, he added a nice sponsor (which does not harm in any way your computer).

To remove the sponsor, try the instructions in the link you were given. There is no way it was installed if you refused. Make sure you're not confusing the adware with any other sponsor of another program.

Try installing MsgPlus! 3.40.0112 BETA, as some bits of the sponsor have been improved, and might be able to help you. (Y)

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 01:47 AM

Well when i managed to get a clean install on there i run Microsoft Anti Spyware and it wanted me to remove it from the system! so yea seems i have to install it again and find out why! I myself do not like Adaware/Spyware sponsors and i would not add their Software to my installs even if they offered me 1 Million Dollars. I just cant understand why this software is being removed by Microsoft Anti Spyware it seemed it wanted to open allot of connections before and after install also!!!

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Ahmad on 02-26-2005 at 01:51 AM

Microsoft Anti-Spyware only tells you that there is Adware in the installation file. It doesn't say that it has been installed on your system.

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 01:57 AM

this is after the installation when MSN is running!!!!!!

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Edna Mode on 02-26-2005 at 02:01 AM

look, heres the deal, there is no spyware in messenger plus and like everybody said, it is optional adware,  and even if virus detectors pick it up its not true, i know my virus detector goes of with lop.com when i install the sponsor but thats only because its adware, there is nothing dangerous about messenger plus

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Ahmad on 02-26-2005 at 02:02 AM

Ok, calm down. As previously mentioned, if you selected to NOT install the sponsor, then the sponsor was NOT installed.

After all this, if you run a scan with Microsoft AntiSpyware, yes, it tells you that MsgPlus! contains adware, it does not say that it has installed it on your system, because it hasn't :)

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by lopardo on 02-26-2005 at 02:03 AM

Don't use Microsoft Anti-spyware... it's still a beta (not a final version) and gives lots of false warnings... It will detect Messenger Plus! even if you didn't install the sponsor. As the other guys have told you, the sponsor is optional and won't install if you choose not to.
Check How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor if you need more information.

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Supersonicdarky on 02-26-2005 at 02:03 AM

patchou should make an automated message for anyone who asks about spyware and all that stuff so people wouldn't waste time answering the question everyone knoe the answer to...

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 02:18 AM

well i dunno why it wanted to add it to my system i clicked NO - ill check it out again anyway! i wish spyware/adaware companys servers to fry LOL . why cant patchou make a payment plan ill pay for it yearly if it comes without this sponsored install!! its 100% worth $30 a year if not more!

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Hank on 02-26-2005 at 02:18 AM

isnt Ytunnel a yahoo thingie?

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 02:22 AM

Yes YTunnelPro is for Yahoo what is your point!! about YTunnelPro ?

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by L. Coyote on 02-26-2005 at 02:26 AM

quote:
well i dunno why it wanted to add it to my system i clicked NO
If you mean MS Anti-Spyware gave you a warning, re-read what lopardo said...
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Don't use Microsoft Anti-spyware... it's still a beta (not a final version) and gives lots of false warnings... It will detect Messenger Plus! even if you didn't install the sponsor. As the other guys have told you, the sponsor is optional and won't install if you choose not to.
Check How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor if you need more information.

quote:
i wish spyware/adaware companys servers to fry LOL . why cant patchou make a payment plan ill pay for it yearly if it comes without this sponsored install!! its 100% worth $30 a year if not more!
This has been discussed many times before. The most short and logical reason is: not many people would/could pay for an MSN Messenger add-on.
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Hank on 02-26-2005 at 02:26 AM

whats my Point? why mention that in this forum? nothing to do with msgplus,

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 02:33 AM

if you are a programmer which i do not think you are then you wouldent understand the post DLL Injection is used in programs like Msg Plus and (YTunnelPro) This is a example of programs that use DLL Injection!!! i did not say YTunnelPro relates to Msg Plus

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Hank on 02-26-2005 at 02:37 AM

no im not a program, nor do i wiish to be one, , u dont need to explain what DLL is an or does, i might look blonde but i aint stupid

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by XM4ST3RX on 02-26-2005 at 02:46 AM

Hi,

vb_packets... i'd just like to say that from my experience and knowledge, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your computer to be infected by SpyWare from Messenger Plus! if you REFUSE to support messenger plus and not install the sponsor.

The ONLY other way that you could have installed spyware/adware along with Messenger Plus!, even when refusing to support and not install sponsor... is if you have download Messenger Plus! from an unofficial location and that version of Plus! has been edited to install spyware/adware.

If the reason why you are getting spyware/adware along with Plus!, is because some third party user( s ) have edited Plus! to install spyware/adware no matter the input, then i have sympathy for you and for any other user who has experienced the same situation.

My question to those sad, pathetic user ( s ) is why? yes, maybe the answer to that is quick money. But why not earn well deserved money by creating your own piece of software which will be respected by hundreds if not thousands of users, just like Patchou. Patchou has spent thousands of hard-working hours into Messenger Plus! and a darn good job of it he has made, but low-lives like you are making those programs created by dedicated developers look worse than they deserve to be. Get a life!

Anyway's, sorry.. i'll stop yapping on :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

p.s. if any of this did not make any sense, im sorry :P. Another typical friday night :P (B)(B)(B)

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 02:55 AM

i have a life thanks. bye and my software i would sell it and not use these sponsored programs peace im out!!!!!!! bye kids. good day

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Edna Mode on 02-26-2005 at 03:00 AM

did he just call plus! illegal:@

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by L. Coyote on 02-26-2005 at 03:03 AM

I think someone misunderstood something. :s Edit: or maybe that was just me.

But well, if we're going to turn into little kids, then forget it. 8-)

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by vb_packets on 02-26-2005 at 03:05 AM

you people on this forum are so nasty - bye - i was hoping to come to a forum where u all dident cuss and cry! but u all seem to hate on everyone who signs up to the forum! byeeee

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Edna Mode on 02-26-2005 at 03:07 AM

were all nice, were just trying to tell you that plus! is no threat and perfectly safe

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by L. Coyote on 02-26-2005 at 03:21 AM

quote:
you people on this forum are so nasty - bye - i was hoping to come to a forum where u all dident cuss and cry! but u all seem to hate on everyone who signs up to the forum! byeeee
:s Who got you that idea?

Each person here has their own opinions on these forums, but I've seen everyone give you all the info to help you out with your problem. I don't know if you did as we told you, that part is up to you. (Y)
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by jtstone1983 on 02-26-2005 at 03:33 AM

Not to sound rude or anything but I've seen alot of this lately...it doesn't matter what anybody says they'll just assume what they want to and ignore the facts :@---Patchou is a great guy--I've had his software since it's been first introduced :)

I think I should post the same one I did earlier about Microsoft's Anti Spyware, It'll make more sense....If I hadn't deleted the post, this person would've read it, probably wouldn't have even posted this....PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN that's the problem. And it's probably been repeated several thousand time on this post alone, and on the mess.be forum as well.

It's just click---click---click...and bam! they accidentally install the sponsor software and then complain about it.

and 1 other thing....IF YOU USE MICROSOFT'S ANTISPYWARE, it will detect Plus as a Spyware Bundler it doesn't mean that it installed the sponsor software if you REFUSED to install it.....to some of you who saw my post earlier before I deleted it, Anti-Spyware programs will detect 87 processes even though you didn't install the sponsor programs, I've got it installed and there hasn't been any troubles since then.

RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ? by Purity on 02-26-2005 at 04:25 AM

Finaly some one explains the microsoft spyware crap, just install a new spyware scanner and I'll bet that msgplus will not be found as spyware with anyother program.