Shoutbox

IMG tags - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: IMG tags (/showthread.php?tid=39229)

IMG tags by Mopageboy on 02-27-2005 at 09:27 AM

i was wondering is it possible to make a plugin that makes IMG tags that u use in forums that work in MSN...??

RE: IMG tags by ayjay on 02-27-2005 at 10:12 AM

no, but if you get stuffplug and msn 7 then you can send emoticons of any size. (www.stuffplug.com)

RE: IMG tags by rompom7 on 02-27-2005 at 10:22 AM

It would be possible to make a plugin using a (!IMG) tag.

RE: IMG tags by Eljay on 02-27-2005 at 11:04 AM

it would be possible to make a plugin where you use e.g
/ximg http://shoutbox.menthix.net/images/smilies/pound.gif

ive started making it but its bloody hard adding emos with just sendmessage 8-)

if anyone knows an easy way to add new emos in VB with any API or whatever, please tell me :P

RE: IMG tags by spokes on 02-27-2005 at 11:11 AM

i suppose you could get it to download the image file, convert it to png replace png wiv dat and add it into the emoticon folder in appdata, but i wouldnt know how to do that

RE: IMG tags by Eljay on 02-27-2005 at 11:13 AM

but dont you have to add it in map.dat?

RE: IMG tags by spokes on 02-27-2005 at 11:16 AM

yea, thats why i don't know how its done

EDIT : Try and find out how mess.be did it in customess

RE: IMG tags by Eljay on 02-27-2005 at 11:24 AM

no customess is a totally different thing, it uses the contentinstaller API in MSN, the reason i cant do this is because you need to make a cab file to install from to use contentinstaller and thats hard and pointless for one image

RE: IMG tags by crank on 02-27-2005 at 12:06 PM

adding it to the folder and to map.dat should work but how...
i don't really know about it.

RE: IMG tags by King For A Day on 02-27-2005 at 12:45 PM

could it be made in the same way as smiley central, they use links to pictures and show them in the window. it could be done in that way, people could use free places to host the pictures and then build a list in the sindow that can show them from those links if u get what i mean

RE: IMG tags by Eljay on 02-27-2005 at 01:25 PM

ive discovered something :P

go to where you can add an emoticon and click Find Image.

now type in the url to the image in the "File Name" box and click ok, this adds an emo using the image from the url you specified :P

RE: IMG tags by crank on 02-27-2005 at 08:08 PM

:dodgy: you can use links in any browse window...
you can use a url in a img editor to open the img so of course it works in there to...

RE: IMG tags by Mopageboy on 02-28-2005 at 06:34 AM

this has gone way over my head now. but punk paul sounds like he's saying what i mean

RE: IMG tags by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-28-2005 at 12:35 PM

Why not do it the same way as he LateX Math plugin does?.. by sending the url to the plugin and then have the plugin download the picture and put it in the conversation window?... something like Smiley Central does... of course this would requiere bot parts to have the plugin.. but many other things needs this to... so...

RE: RE: IMG tags by Whatever on 02-28-2005 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by punkpaul
could it be made in the same way as smiley central, they use links to pictures and show them in the window. it could be done in that way, people could use free places to host the pictures and then build a list in the sindow that can show them from those links if u get what i mean

Hmmm... do you mean that we consolidate all the pictures in one window and with links to them?
RE: IMG tags by crank on 02-28-2005 at 08:02 PM

Actually you should just use spng2 for it...
Maybe someone could use the same way but with a commands like said before
/ximg http://url.to/img.ext or (!XIMGhttp://url.to/img.ext) and then a way to quickly add the emo at true size and send it maybe removing it straght after it's sent ;)

SPNG example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=393014]

RE: IMG tags by Mopageboy on 03-06-2005 at 01:30 AM

is that possible for a noob at this like me to do but?

RE: IMG tags by M73A on 03-29-2005 at 12:27 PM

hey, i like this idea. whats the latest on the matter?? is it goin to be released? or is it still under construction?

RE: IMG tags by Mopageboy on 03-30-2005 at 09:13 AM

i dunno thats why ive been trying to bump the topic but i dont think anyone really cares lol.

RE: IMG tags by rav0 on 03-30-2005 at 09:26 AM

I think that the point of the original post was to send only a url to the other person, but; how about sending the image in ink (handwriting)?

RE: IMG tags by aNILEator on 03-30-2005 at 03:41 PM

yeah someone create a free infopen Pro :P

RE: IMG tags by red3vil on 03-31-2005 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
I think that the point of the original post was to send only a url to the other person, but; how about sending the image in ink (handwriting)?

if its possible to convert the text and img. to a ink, i mean, if you type: /xplg "the text" (imgloc.) "text" would be converted to a ink and then be send

RE: IMG tags by Mopageboy on 04-03-2005 at 01:25 AM

um i think this may have gone a bit away from what i first ment.

i mean send an actual image by typing in a url link to a image and the image being displayed not the text ( now i have a bit more knowlage of Messenger Plus   eg. /ximg www.coolesthost.com/coolpic.jpg) 

RE: RE: IMG tags by NoMeN on 04-03-2005 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
Actually you should just use spng2 for it...
Maybe someone could use the same way but with a commands like said before
/ximg http://url.to/img.ext or (!XIMGhttp://url.to/img.ext) and then a way to quickly add the emo at true size and send it maybe removing it straght after it's sent ;)

SPNG example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=393014]

Whoa! that would be great! sounds like it would be actually possible :D great idea man! (Y)
RE: IMG tags by Mopageboy on 04-08-2005 at 10:00 AM

yeah it would be i wish i could make it or someone else did