Shoutbox

configuring messenger to work with hotmail and ntl world e-mail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: configuring messenger to work with hotmail and ntl world e-mail (/showthread.php?tid=39251)

configuring messenger to work with hotmail and ntl world e-mail by nick_harambee on 02-27-2005 at 04:49 PM

hi,

i have recently installed messenger plus and would like to configure it to work with my ntl mail as well as hotmail, which i have been using with messenger for a while.

i think i have entered the correct info in the pop3 page in messenger plus.  i am just wondering how i will be informed of ntl mail arriving.  does it happen in the same way as with hotmail.  if so, does a link to my ntl mail page pop up, does it add a second inbox to the right click menu for the messenger icon in the taskbar?

i would be grateful for some advice as to how to set this up right

thanks

nick.

RE: configuring messenger to work with hotmail and ntl world e-mail by Plik on 02-27-2005 at 05:01 PM

It should display its of toast informing you off mail. And can execute a program (For example outlook express) when you click the toast

RE: configuring messenger to work with hotmail and ntl world e-mail by Anubis on 02-27-2005 at 05:12 PM

Also you state that you have put your POP3 details for Hotmail into Plus!...if you are using a non-hotmail account for your .net account, it will not show you the results for your hotmail account because hotmail does not support POP3